Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Tayyareci

RTX3070 Nvidia Cont. Panel Vsync Not Working

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have been using RTX3070 for some time but for the last couple of days I wasn't able to make NCP Vsync work as expected on MSFS.

I tried all avaliable settings as adaptive/halfrefreshrate/on and fast but no success..In game Vsync works but not the NCP one. I would like to compare whether game or ncp vsync is more smooth. Am I missing some other setting or is there a problem related driver or RTX3070 spesific ?

Does anybody experience similar issue or any known solutions ?

Kind regards.

Edited by Tayyareci
Type

Faruk IŞIK

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In game Vsync haven't work properly since release, I use Vsync in combination with Gsync in NCP with my RTX 2080Ti and it works fine with MSFS, I also cap frames to 30 with Riva Tuner, I use the latest driver without Geforce Experience.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

| I9 10900K | 32Gb 3200MHz | RTX 2080 Ti | 1TB M.2 SSD | BenQ EX3501R | TM Hotas Warthog | VKB-SIM T-Rudder Pedals |

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an RTX 3070 as well, I use G-sync in Nvidia Control Panel and V-Sync Off in FS2020. Seems to be working pretty well with my monitor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the asnwers. As you shared I will also try RTSS for FPS capping on MSFS.I hope with the next update I will be able to use Nvida Vsync. 

I think I should upgrade my monitor as it is really old and not suitable for gaming. Is gsync is a worth technology to look for ? Does it make any difference on smoothnes ? 

Kind regards.  

 


Faruk IŞIK

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tayyareci said:

Thanks for the asnwers. As you shared I will also try RTSS for FPS capping on MSFS.I hope with the next update I will be able to use Nvida Vsync. 

I think I should upgrade my monitor as it is really old and not suitable for gaming. Is gsync is a worth technology to look for ? Does it make any difference on smoothnes ? 

Kind regards.  

 

I am using the 3080 and NCP Vsync is not working for me too. I have tried RTSS but to be honest the smoothest experience for me was using Special K together with ingame vsync. It's almost stutter free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been sure about V Sync.  I leave it switched off on the understanding that you lose a few FPS for a visual improvement that I can't seem to see.  If someone could explain whether it is really worth it, it would be interesting.


Ryzen 5600X, AM4, 6 Core 12 thread - Nvidia 3070 founders edition - 16 Gig RAM - Windows 10 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 1920 x 1080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I've never been sure about V Sync.  I leave it switched off on the understanding that you lose a few FPS for a visual improvement that I can't seem to see.  If someone could explain whether it is really worth it, it would be interesting.

Personally i prefer a stable 60 FPS with vsync on over unstable FPS fluctuating all over the place. So yes, stable FPS are worth it even if they are a bit lower in some cases than with vsync off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the best result for me was using Vsync in the sim with 60FPS. It seems to produce the best results. I am using a 42" 1080P TV so it is easier to stay up around the 60FPS mark. It is weird how Vsync in the sim doesn't work for everyone. I have tried the whole 30FPS thing with Riva but panning around the cockpit is horrible especially with head tracking.

I would love to get my hands on a TV with Gsync built in, not sure I could go back to even a 32" monitor after having a bigger display for so many years.


Richard Carter

 

My Rig: i5 9600K @ 5.0 Ghz Air Cooled (Noctua NH-D15S) | Asus Prime Z390 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP Edition With Double Noctua NF-12 Mod | 1TB WD Blue NMVE (X-Plane 11 & MSFS 2020) | 2 X 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Black Conventional |, LG 42" LED TV

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Richdem said:

I found the best result for me was using Vsync in the sim with 60FPS. It seems to produce the best results. I am using a 42" 1080P TV so it is easier to stay up around the 60FPS mark. It is weird how Vsync in the sim doesn't work for everyone. I have tried the whole 30FPS thing with Riva but panning around the cockpit is horrible especially with head tracking.

I would love to get my hands on a TV with Gsync built in, not sure I could go back to even a 32" monitor after having a bigger display for so many years.

I feel you. I'm using a 77 inch 4k Samsung and i'd never be able to go back to a tiny Computer Monitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I feel you. I'm using a 77 inch 4k Samsung and i'd never be able to go back to a tiny Computer Monitor.

Holy Cow,

Can I come round to your house for a play date lol. I think my trusty old 1080TI would have a heart attack if it saw me coming down the basement stairs with one of those bad boys !


Richard Carter

 

My Rig: i5 9600K @ 5.0 Ghz Air Cooled (Noctua NH-D15S) | Asus Prime Z390 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | ZOTAC GTX 1080 TI AMP Edition With Double Noctua NF-12 Mod | 1TB WD Blue NMVE (X-Plane 11 & MSFS 2020) | 2 X 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Black Conventional |, LG 42" LED TV

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Richdem said:

Holy Cow,

Can I come round to your house for a play date lol. I think my trusty old 1080TI would have a heart attack if it saw me coming down the basement stairs with one of those bad boys !

Sure, any time! :P Feel free to come around whenever you visit Germany. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    39%
    $9,950.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...