Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW320 with the custom fly by wire system is available

Hey folks, 

For those who are not aware, FBW has now its new custom fly by wire system in WASM and is pretty awesome! :D. However is not yet in the master branch due some open issues related to the FD, but there is another parallel master branch with the custom fly by wire system, you can download it here:

https://flybywiresim-packages.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/vmaster-cfbw/A32NX-master-cfbw.zip 

By the way: This custom FBW is a real example of complexity that can done in WASM.

Please read here for important info and open issues about the new FBW. 

Enjoy!

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Wow. That is great news. Will get it right away and give it a try

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Genius guys!
Thanks for the HU 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sorry gents, what am I missing here? What is the difference between FBW dv mod versions and this here one? SOrry for this most probably redundant question 🙂

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

This one here comes with an AP logic completely developed from scratch by FBW, so no use of the MSFS default autopilot logic. My humble opinion, please correct me if I am wrong

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

This one here comes with an AP logic completely developed from scratch by FBW, so no use of the MSFS default autopilot logic. My humble opinion, please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks Phil, going to try it out right away

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Just now, DAD said:

No not correct 😛

This one here is only the fly by wire system not the entire autopilot. The dev version (master branch), it doesnt yet have the custom fly by wire due to open issues with the flight directors that they are still working on (FD is not working when you disable the autopilot). However to give a chance to more of us to test and report, they made a second master branch with the fly by wire system integrated.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

No not correct 😛

This one here is only the fly by wire system not the entire autopilot. The dev version (master branch), it doesnt yet have the custom fly by wire due to open issues with the flight directors that they are still working on (FD is not working when you disable the autopilot). However to give a chance to more of us to test and report, they made a second master branch with the fly by wire system integrated.  

Thanks for the clarification.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I will try it out, always fun to compare system with the actual FCOM. With the DEV FBW version I tried a couple of days ago, a lot of stuff were implemented.

But the thing I am waiting the most is the FPA-TRK mode

First impression: this is great, whether AP or FBW system ;-). It flies wonderful. Just started for a quick hop from EDDM to EKCH and this is the first time since weeks that the neo follows right after t/o the flight plan, no SEC1 off, no crazy nose dive, managed alt works like a charme....  happy camper here, flying into the sunset

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

26 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

No not correct

Ha. Got me. Thanks for clarifying. Are you in any way affiliated to the FBW team? Wish I had a name to say thank you to

Phil Leaven

3 minutes ago, DAD said:

Ha. Got me. Thanks for clarifying. Are you in any way affiliated to the FBW team? Wish I had a name to say thank you to

ah no 🙂, I am just a huge fan of the FBW team and I follow their progress closely in Discord and github. Very amazing open source project indeed!

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

First impression: this is great, whether AP or FBW system ;-). It flies wonderful. Just started for a quick hop from EDDM to EKCH and this is the first time since weeks that the neo follows right after t/o the flight plan, no SEC1 off, no crazy nose dive, managed alt works like a charme....  happy camper here, flying into the sunset

Phil, could you see what happened when the next waypoint in your approach to EKCH is USR (or USER)? Does it still follow the approach or, as in previous versions, is it going bonkers and flying its own way?

Thanks,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

6 minutes ago, DAD said:

But I thought this shouldn't influence the autopilot. This only visible when you hand fly the plane.

Many thanks for this great improvement!

How can I select the appropriate values for the different detents on my X52Pro throttle?  Is it by trial and error only?

Thanks

Edmundo Azevedo