Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW320 with the custom fly by wire system is available

ENTER DEST DATA waits for qnh, temp, wind data, DH for the APPR DATA in FMCU's PERF page.

Petteri

Edited by petepawn
I couldn't add Quote from prev post..

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

43 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

should no longer experience any wing dips or loss of control as with the default Asobo FBW.

Iceman, first of all big thanks to you and the team. Awesome work. I hardly find time to fly and can only imagine what it takes to actually program something as complex as an aircraft system. 

now to the AP vs FBW discussion: I understand that FBW does in no way affect AP. However... the last first flights with the new FBW mod were sooo smooth also from an AP perspective that you must have done something right. As mentioned before, it captures flight plan safe and smooth, no zig zagging anymore and heavy turns or overshooting, also no nose diving right after takeoff, no banking at all, managed alt mode works... hopefully that isn’t really a placebo but two flights in a row worked just great. Thanks for that!

Cheers,

DAD

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

I did select the assigned rwy and so far that alone did do the trick. Just did the same now at LSZH with ILS34, will see how it ends this time, just about to turn on final in 5 mins from now

EDIT works just fine at LSZH, captured ILS and landing as we speak. Will try autoland this time 

EDIT2: yet another great flight. placebo or not. Great stuff!

So, according to the IcemanFWB's post below yours, what you experienced is placebo and has nothing to do with this new FBW because you were using the autopilot. It's the same you would have experienced yesterday or the day before with regular FBW mod. Beauty is the eye of the beholder, they say, lol.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

ah no 🙂, I am just a huge fan of the FBW team and I follow their progress closely in Discord and github. Very amazing open source project indeed!

When I first read about the FBW project there was a chance, that they were not up to the challenge. Luckily it turned out that those guys are very competent and do not have to shy a comparison with the Zibo mod.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I did a flight also with this release and this flight was beautiful at all.

ILS catured fine and the landing was excelent, i did a shot down from the AP at around 100feet and what new was at this phase of flight for me is that the plane keeps

pitch like it was at AP shotdown and so i got 1 or 2 degrees nose up and slowly and soft i got down on the Runway, supersmooth never get it like this before.

For me superb at Landing - great stoff and work FBW Team !!

cheers  😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just noticed that there is again a new developer update at github....and I usually download every update. So I wonder now, is this new thing we are talking about, ahead of that developer mod? And when are those two paths going to meet? This sounds very promising and I guess it´s not a big deal to try that custom mod and revert back if for some reason one does not like it.

• Like 1

Tapani Österberg

Hi,

I installed this version of the bus and made a flight from LFRN to EGKK..

It is ok in all parts of the flight. But I has some difficulties to land. The autopilot follows the speeds and altitude constraints very accurateley.

On approaching the runway 8R in EGKK, I disconnected the AP and wanted to land manually. But the plane keeps flying above the runway during a long time before touchdown.

And then I had a huge deviation to the left and could restore the situation, but it was not so easy. So for landing I have a problem and will try to make another test again (perhaps did I not do the flare correctly)

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Noob question - does this mean that you cannot work on your own autopilot system that utilizes the FBW system you custom built because AP is hard coded in MSFS? Or is this a planned feature?

It is a planned feature. The only blocking issue right now preventing FBW from being merged in is the fact that flight directors are not working when autopilot is off - we believe this to be another issue that requires intervention from Asobo. In the meantime, we're going to shift our focus to starting on our own custom AP system, and eventually get back to implementing the last few normal law protections, and eventually alternate and direct law.

• Like 8

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

35 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

It is ok in all parts of the flight. But I has some difficulties to land. The autopilot follows the speeds and altitude constraints very accurateley.

On approaching the runway 8R in EGKK, I disconnected the AP and wanted to land manually. But the plane keeps flying above the runway during a long time before touchdown.

And then I had a huge deviation to the left and could restore the situation, but it was not so easy. So for landing I have a problem and will try to make another test again (perhaps did I not do the flare correctly)

Patrice.

I haven't flown the airliners myself, but my understanding is that it's not the same as the flare in a general aviation aircraft.  If you flare too much or too early, it will float down the runway like this, due to ground effect and all of the lift created by the flaps which are configured to allow a massive aircraft to fly at low speeds during approach.  You probably need to flare less/later to ensure the main gear touchdown.  Also make sure that any auto-deploying spoilers/speed brakes/etc are armed and properly deploying when the main wheels touch down (or that you are deploying them manually), which will slow down the aircraft/reduce lift once the main gear touchdown.  If you never get those deployed, you'll have a lot of excess energy.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

44 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

Patrice.

I experienced the same using both stable and non-FBW dev. it's a bug ,you can find it on the issue page of the github.

It's much better on the FBW version, but not perfect yet.

This FBW version is the best thing since sliced bread. Just did my third flight from Tampa into KEYW and it was just FUN because everything worked flawless. Thanks team and @IcemanFBW!!

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Just flew this bird Sydney Brisbane, flight plan entered vial FMC, best experience in the last 3 months, Aircraft was smooth as, live weather spot on (thunderstorms rain clouds etc) live traffic great , but ATC as usual was terrible , AP was faultless as was the ILS approach and landing, 

Thank you developers, look forward to further enhancements.

Question, how to re enter airways to the F/Plan via FMC please

Edited by raknal
  • Like 2

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

Just finished a flight in the regular dev branch release and then tried this- I cannot believe how much better it is. It feels absolutely fantastic compared to the default. I can't wait to see where it goes in the coming months! Phenomenal work, FBWS team! 😎

• Like 2

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

13 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

When you open the dev console you should see these values when you move the throttle:

fbw-wasm.jpg

I just took a note which value that matches ident, for example CLB (in case it differs from the default config as I use different throttle), then in the file that as instructed here, I updated my configs.

Will this work with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU