Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW320 with the custom fly by wire system is available

55 minutes ago, mucflyer said:

Not so in the stable version, where wiperswitches works well and wipers operates as they should.

That’s why they call it stable version I assume 🙂

and welcome to Avsim!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

@DAD

Thanks, you are probably right 😁

The reason is maybe another Mod, somebody mentioned 'YourControls'. It should be updated. But i don't have it either. 

So the new version works wonderfully.

Some glitches I noticed:

• Engines burning nearly 800 kg/hr each in cruise, but fuel page shows 38 k/hr being burned. I landed at almost the same fuel I took off with, 4 hours later.
  • Cabin pressure system broken. Reads 0 cabin alt the entire trip.
  • Speed brakes / spoilers have no effect on aerodynamics. I had full detent, idle thrust, and at 7,000 feet I was gaining speed passing -8000 ft/min descent rate. Retracted spoilers and the V/S IAS trend stayed the same.
  • Also all the little things a regular sim pilot wouldn't notice. Like flight director / systems depth / etc.

All in all a fantastic flying experience. Way better than I expected.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Which version, @WestAir? Dev, stable or cfbw do you use?

just tried the cfbw with 1.11.7 and msfs did not even start ;-(

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

A few seconds ago I decided (just for fun) to try auto-land at Boeing Field (on 32L) instead of doing the last few seconds by hand. The landing was absolutely perfect, straight down, wonderful flare and firm but still soft touchdown. Is this an effect of the re-programmed FBW or was I just lucky? Have you tried auto-land with this version?

• Like 1

Sorry for noob question but what's the difference between the custom fbw and the classic stable version ? 

9 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Sorry for noob question but what's the difference between the custom fbw and the classic stable version ? 

For the custom fbw the fbw team recoded their own fbw logic, overriding the default fbw. Much better!

Phil Leaven

33 minutes ago, DAD said:

Which version, @WestAir? Dev, stable or cfbw do you use?

just tried the cfbw with 1.11.7 and msfs did not even start ;-(

CFBW

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

19 minutes ago, WestAir said:

CFBW

Yeah that one is great but for whatever reason prevents the current msfs v1.11.7 to load here. Just reverted back to normal dev mod which seems to work. At least I came to the Home Screen now

edit just took off at KEYW towards Chile

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

35 minutes ago, DAD said:

For the custom fbw the fbw team recoded their own fbw logic, overriding the default fbw. Much better!

Thanks, 

So do we have to Install both or just one or another ? 

Using the fbw installer 

6 hours ago, mrueedi said:

No, not the pitch protection. The normal flying with the stick where "Stick neutral = 1 G flight = unaccelerated flight vector". It would be nice, if the requirements met (= capability) by the fbw implementation would be described a bit somewhere.

I have looked in code, it looks extremely comprehensive, but still the exact capability is not evident.

I ask because I have programmed a gauge many years ago (for FS2002) which realized this G-Load pitch controller (with much simpler code). The paradigm is totally different than normal aircraft are flown, because no manual trimming is ever required anymore. Simply bringing the stick to the center position means the aircraft keeps the flight vector no matter what. For this reason the Airbus stick is simply spring loaded and force feedback is not available (it would even be counterproductive).

Some things more, that follow from this approach:

- Assume the stick is kept centered and the aircraft climbs with a particular climb rate, if now the thrust is increased, as speed increases, vertical speed is automatically increased as well in order to maintain 1G. Basically FPA needs to be kept constant.

- Assume level flight, if the stick is deflected to the side, a turn begins while the system maintains level flight no matter what (in order to maintain 1G on the pitch axis)

More cases and details can be looked up in the linked PDF....

Hello,

Airbus does not implement a pure load factor demand (nz) in pitch normal law. It's a mix of pitch rate and load demand and is therefore similar to a so called C* control (but not totally equal because Airbus is scheduling the mixture of load demand and pitch rate; pure C* uses always factor of 12.4). For the moment the custom fly-by-wire is also using the factor 12.4. Therefore it produces too low pitch rate / load factor in different speeds. This will be tuned and improved over time (it's a big effort to get this on the spot; testing full fbw cg, neutral cg, full aft cg and at different speeds).

Having said that, don't expect that the FPA to be on rails...it's very good but in reality it's also not on rails. I've seen that with my own eyes years ago when there was still the option to get into cockpit during flight. The pilots deactivated the AP in cruise and guess...the aircraft began very very slowly to climb...

The custom fly-by-wire is in terms of real aircraft performance far from perfect and this will take time to get it better and better. That stuff is really not easy. Still it's a big improvement to the default A320.

I hope this answers you question.

Best,
Andreas

Edited by AGuther
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

Thanks, 

So do we have to Install both or just one or another ? 

Using the fbw installer 

You have to make a decision. The installer only offers dev and stable „normal“ mod while the custom fbw is only available via their github page. I understand that sooner or later FBW will only offer the cfbw mod but since it is still in development and not considered stable yet they still offer it as 3rd option

Phil Leaven

I currently have the dev version in my community, do I have to delete it to install the custom one or do they have to be both in the community ? 

10 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

I currently have the dev version in my community, do I have to delete it to install the custom one or do they have to be both in the community ? 

Only one can be installed. Make your choice. Until FBW merges the cfbw into their regular branch

Phil Leaven