Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

20 minutes ago, Noncon said:

Thanks for all the work you put into this, much appreciated!

I did notice that a flight plan created in Little Navmap and imported/loaded into the sim (.pln file) only shows the departure/destination in the Legs screen on the FMC, no waypoints.   

However flight plans created in MSFS2020 will show complete routing in the FMC. 

I read about the setting in the FMS to Sync with ATC, but even when selected, it always remains OFF (green).

Actually looking into that right now with a user on our discord...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 hours ago, cwburnett said:

So, unfortunately, as expected (isn't it always the case with tech support?) I just climbed to FL450 out of KBUR to KTPA in VVS and never got a CTD. Next time you do it maybe you can record a video or confirm the exact route so that I can test something more exact to what you did?

I suspect tracking this down is going to be a bit of a nightmare...

Can you guys can create a log file, so if something throws an exception you can narrow it down ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Can you guys can create a log file, so if something throws an exception you can narrow it down ?

Not really. The thing is, nothing in the JS stack can/should technically be able to cause a CTD. The worst we can do is cause an instrument to black screen... that's why this is hard. Something in the sim engine, out of our reach, is causing the CTD, but maybe we contribute to it somehow, but tracing that is going to be nearly impossible...

Wow. Just wow.

Just did KDEN to KSLC. FADEC is AWESOME. VNAV was flawless. Not a single flaw on the flight. 

THANK YOU!

• Like 3

Eddie
KABQ

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

Not really. The thing is, nothing in the JS stack can/should technically be able to cause a CTD. The worst we can do is cause an instrument to black screen... that's why this is hard. Something in the sim engine, out of our reach, is causing the CTD, but maybe we contribute to it somehow, but tracing that is going to be nearly impossible...

Would be matter if flight plan was imported by default MSFS planner? Because I've been flying other version of CJ4 for hours  in and out of KBUR and never had CTD. 

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Would be matter if flight plan was imported by default MSFS planner? Because I've been flying other version of CJ4 for hours  in and out of KBUR and never had CTD. 

It would be worth testing if the type if flight plan/import causes it. For example, try not importing a plan and manually entering it, then maybe try a simbrief import and also a world map import...see if one of those cause it? That's a lot of work, but...could help point in the right direction. I think the most likely culprit is something related to flight plans and the world map...

6 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

It would be worth testing if the type if flight plan/import causes it. For example, try not importing a plan and manually entering it, then maybe try a simbrief import and also a world map import...see if one of those cause it? That's a lot of work, but...could help point in the right direction. I think the most likely culprit is something related to flight plans and the world map...

I can test default MSFS flight planner. Do I need to do anything specific to FMC after loading CJ-4 cold and dark?

May be it worth mentioning that member of my virtual airline just got CTD right after departure. After reloading and repeating it again it went fine. So definitely  whatever is causing it is intermittent!

Trying right now KBUR-KLAS.

Yaw damper - doesn't work always in off position

FLC speed bug no longer visible of left  PFD tape

In MOD SET - when I click on FP SYNC  ON/OFF nothing happens. Other options works however

Not sure why is there 2 lines

unknown.png?width=2307&height=1298

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Trying right now KBUR-KLAS.

Yaw damper - doesn't work always in off position

FLC speed bug no longer visible of left  PFD tape

In MOD SET - when I click on FP SYNC  ON/OFF nothing happens. Other options works however

-Yaw Damper comes on automatically with the AP and doesn't annunciate on the FMA unless AP is off. As in the real aircraft.

-FLC bug only shows when in FLC mode, as in the real aircraft.

-FP Sync has a bug, you're right, and will be fixed probably with patch on Friday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cwburnett said:

-Yaw Damper comes on automatically with the AP and doesn't annunciate on the FMA unless AP is off. As in the real aircraft.

-FLC bug only shows when in FLC mode, as in the real aircraft.

-FP Sync has a bug, you're right, and will be fixed probably with patch on Friday.

Flying right now KBUR KLAS no CTDs so far smooth

• Like 1

I am new to the CJ4 so perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but noticed the following with the pilots PFD set on VOR1 and the AP off (v0.8.0):

1. While just sitting on 35L at KCOS if I tune in the ILS freq (109.90) with the FMC the PFD responds as expected. But if I then immediately tune in a local VOR (112.5, BRK) with the FMC, the PFD does not change to show the VOR course info until I cycle the PFD through VOR2, FMS1 and then back to VOR1.

2. I also noticed when a VOR is tuned in clicking on the center of the CRS1 knob does not center the CDI., i.e., the course does not change to center the CDI.

Thanks very much for the teams amazing work on this CJ4 -- greatly appreciated!

Al

Edited by ark

OK I made it without problem. The second line somehow originated when I re-enter runway 26R for KLAS. I was able bypass 360 turn by going direct to BLD and FMC nicely resequenced everything after that! Excellent job!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ark said:

I am new to the CJ4 so perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but noticed the following with the pilots PFD set on VOR1 and the AP off (v0.8.0):

1. While just sitting on 35L at KCOS if I tune in the ILS freq (109.90) with the FMS the PFD responds as expected. But if I then immediately tune in a local VOR (112.5, BRK) with the FMS, the PFD does not change to show the VOR course info until I cycle the PFD through VOR2, FMS1 and then back to VOR1.

2. I also noticed when a VOR is tuned in clicking on the center of the CRS1 knob does not center the CDI., i.e., the course does not change to center the CDI.

Thanks very much for the teams amazing work on this CJ4 -- greatly appreciated!

Al

Sounds like a couple of good bugs! https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

I can log them, but better if you do, then you'll get notified in case we have questions for you about it.

• Upvote 1