Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

Working Title CJ4 v0.8.0 - OPEN BETA - RNAV/LPV, VNAV, FADEC

50 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Sounds like a couple of good bugs! https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

I can log them, but better if you do, then you'll get notified in case we have questions for you about it.

Done!

Would be interested to hear if anyone else is seeing those potential VOR1 'bugs' I described above.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cwburnett said:

So, unfortunately, as expected (isn't it always the case with tech support?) I just climbed to FL450 out of KBUR to KTPA in VVS and never got a CTD. Next time you do it maybe you can record a video or confirm the exact route so that I can test something more exact to what you did?

I suspect tracking this down is going to be a bit of a nightmare...

From my understanding Orbx KBUR has been known to produce CTD's.  I also own the scenery but have not had an issue. 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

@MattNischan

Question about SIDS.  What should the FMS be doing on the CATH1 PSP leaving KPSP?  Basically, I ended up hand flying most of the CATH1 because two things happened I think weren't correct.

1) Almost right after wheels up the FMS commanded a turn direct PSP.  I wasn't even remotely near the PSP268R (you've got to cross that prior to turning right direct PSP).  Is the FMS smart enough to know to cross the radial and then command the right turn?

2) After EMRUD the FMS commanded left turn direct TNP.  It should have given a right turn back to PSP VOR, then onto TNP.

I'm guessing both of these are navdata issues?  (I'm still using default navblue).  Perhaps I also should have reviewed the LEGS page a little better....I can't remember if it was routed correctly or not.  My flight plan was KPSP CATH1 (PSP is the only transition) TNP KEPEC6 KLAS.

50728632736_268be73340_o.pngCJ4fmssid by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

Oof, that's a really, really tough departure to code into data. I'm going to have to look at the data to see what that even looks like.

There are two things we don't support yet but are coming: flyover fixes and holds. So I can see that what probably happened is you got turn anticipation at the radial crossing fix (a pretty reasonable amount due to the angle), and then it didn't parse the hold leg at all and routed you straight to TNP from EMRUD. That's what you would have seen on the legs page also, I'm guessing.

Generally, the NavBlue data is way better than the bad rap it's gotten from what you see out of the stock flight plan system. I'd wager that whole departure is there, but I'll look tomorrow when I get a chance.

-Matt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Question about SIDS.  What should the FMS be doing on the CATH1 PSP leaving KPSP? 

Interesting SID. Just out of curiosity I loaded the departure into a RXP GTN750 in P3D; looks like it got it right including the turn to the right at EMRUD.

1e648f4c6c.png

I also tried entering the SID into the G1000 and G3000 mods, both indicated there was no transition, and did not get the PSP EMRUD PSP sequence correct. So maybe there is a database problem.

Al

Edited by ark

A quick question.
Can we install CJ4 v0.8.0 together with latest fspackages ?
Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

A quick question.
Can we install CJ4 v0.8.0 together with latest fspackages ?
Thanks!

There is currently a compatibility issue with our G1000 v0.3.2 mod, which we will resolve with the friday patch. Besides that, it should be fine.

Cool, thanks a lot!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Why do I see a bug in my screen whenever I read David's posts ???

🤔

Eheh, just imagine if David worked for, say, Honeywell, designing PFD / ND software 🙂  Poor crews....

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I strongly suggest that nobody, I mean, nobody download this mod. 

Why?

You'll load up the CJ4...hours later you look up from the sim and realize that your dog has collapsed in the kitchen because you forgot to feed it.....

Best mod ever, IMHO.

• Like 7

First - great work.  The changes are impressive and surely seem more realistic (I've never been aboard a CJ4, let alone in the cockpit so I don't have much to compare against).  The audio is fantastic.

I'm working to replicate issues to try to help with potential bugs but I'll say that I use the Working G1000 and G3000, plus a few lighting mods; I run Rex Weather, vPilot for VATSIM, and Navigraph.  I had two CTDs last night; both KWBI to KPIT.  One was shortly after takeoff while in the SID; the second was on short final into KPIT.  Trying to see what might be going on from my end.

Just a fantastic mod; now I need to properly learn to use the FMC!

• Like 1

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

Hi

Just wanted to add my sincere thanks to all who involved with this mod - excellent work! It's fantastic to see the improved FLC and decent FADEC and VNAV implemented in the CJ4.

Done 3 different flights in Europe with it now (all with IFR plans generated in the Navigraph app and then loaded into the default MSFS flight planner) and everything worked just as described in the videos. Certainly recommend watching the videos, and also double-checking the flightplan to make sure any discontinuities have been removed.  No CTDs or other glitches experienced and captured the GS just fine on each occasion.  The only points I identified are the same 3 that have already been raised and answered earlier in this thread (i.e. yaw damper indication, speed bug outside of FLC and the FP sync ON/OFF button).

No problems here either with the flightplan syncing to the MSFS ATC (I'm using v1.3 of the European ATC phraseology mod) - ATC worked correctly on all 3 flights (as well as the MSFS ATC can in its current state, anyway) . For info. the 3 flights were each conducted using the unreal weather live metar mod (v1.7) and with the working title G3000 mod (v0.32) and tbm930 impovement mod (v0.5.5) also installed in the MSFS community folder.

Looking forward to the next great installment of the CJ4 mod.

• Like 1

@zihmer001 @sd_flyer @odourboy and anyone else that has experienced a CTD, we are finding that all or almost all CTDs are related to having loaded a flight plan from the world map in the sim, versus either a simbrief import or manually entering the flight plan in the FMC.

If you guys have some time, it would be really great for you to try some of the flights that have caused CTDs without using the world map planner in the sim. So, just select your starting position and then click "fly" and either load a simbrief plan or manually program the FMC (for a "study level" experience, lol) and see if you get any CTDs in that scenario. If we can narrow the cause to the in-sim flight plan interface, we will have a much easier time tracing and solving it.

Thanks for the testing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Just flew my go to test flight KLAX-KLAS in the new version and it was phenomenal. 

Thank you to all the developers working on this! FMC, VNAV and LNAV worked great. Loved the fadec.

16 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

@zihmer001 @sd_flyer @odourboy and anyone else that has experienced a CTD, we are finding that all or almost all CTDs are related to having loaded a flight plan from the world map in the sim, versus either a simbrief import or manually entering the flight plan in the FMC.

If you guys have some time, it would be really great for you to try some of the flights that have caused CTDs without using the world map planner in the sim. So, just select your starting position and then click "fly" and either load a simbrief plan or manually program the FMC (for a "study level" experience, lol) and see if you get any CTDs in that scenario. If we can narrow the cause to the in-sim flight plan interface, we will have a much easier time tracing and solving it.

Thanks for the testing!

But can I import my FP from Foreflight yet?! 🙂

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.