Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

23 hours ago, regis9 said:

You can export your flightplan from Simbrief and load it into MSFS so ATC will use that plan.

Tried that it doesn't work, the departures and arrivals from simbrief won't be the same than the ATC ones.

Only the waypoints will match.

The only way for us to use ATC for the approach we want is to generate the flight plan from within the sim world map menu.

How are you exporting from Simbrief?  I use the Simbrief downloader and it always exports the SIDS/STARS as well as the route which are recognized by MSFS.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Tried that it doesn't work, the departures and arrivals from simbrief won't be the same than the ATC ones.

Only the waypoints will match.

The only way for us to use ATC for the approach we want is to generate the flight plan from within the sim world map menu.

If you export using the FS2020 format then it will load the same SID/STARs.

It's a bit of a shame that when importing the flight plan into the A320 using the Simbrief integration, it doesn't automatically file a flight plan in MSFS. So if you want to use the built-in ATC then you need to load a flight plan before starting the flight, which imports the waypoints into the A320 anyways. Makes the Simbrief integration somewhat obsolete (even though more is imported such as alternate etc.).

Edited by carlito777
  • Like 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

So I took the latest stable version for a spin. No initial problems (apart from the horrendously bad sound package), however right after passing the HEC VOR, the bus entered its trademark clockwise downward spiral. "Fixed the autopilot", right.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Does anyone know why the Landing Challenges do not work ?

It is a shame as there are really fun and are perfect to try the flight models.

Well very cool that the flightplan and other figures load direct from Simbrief now.  I could not figure out how to change the fuel or ZFW from the ATSU - AOC menu, not sure that is working quite right yet. Anyone else been able to get this to work? Also, if you update from the MSFS menu, is there a way to show in KGS or only LBS at the moment?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Well very cool that the flightplan and other figures load direct from Simbrief now.  I could not figure out how to change the fuel or ZFW from the ATSU - AOC menu, not sure that is working quite right yet. Anyone else been able to get this to work? Also, if you update from the MSFS menu, is there a way to show in KGS or only LBS at the moment?

Atsu - aoc - weight and balance, you can manually change fuel and loads if you want. 

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

11 minutes ago, spitzer45 said:

Atsu - aoc - weight and balance, you can manually change fuel and loads if you want. 

OK, I see that now.  I have to say, this is really at a high level now, quite impressive.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

9 hours ago, Colonel X said:

So I took the latest stable version for a spin. No initial problems (apart from the horrendously bad sound package), however right after passing the HEC VOR, the bus entered its trademark clockwise downward spiral. "Fixed the autopilot", right.

Things seem to be working good on my end, but I totally agree about the sounds. Looking at the change log, it seems like the sound package should be improving. The FBW package is certainly improving a great deal. I actually thought I had an installation problem, but I got the same result with the newest version. The sounds that I'm having the biggest issue with are the engine start up sounds right near the end where the mixing seems to be really off. Also, I no longer hear the PTU in the cockpit, but I'm assuming that those sounds were removed and are not supposed to be heard in the cockpit. IDK what it is like in the RW, because I have never been in an actual A320 cockpit. I do like hearing them.

It would be nice if TSS would get something out and work with the FBW team to make sure it works well.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

11 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Please set proper controller deadzones.

Edited by IcemanFBW

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Things seem to be working good on my end, but I totally agree about the sounds. Looking at the change log, it seems like the sound package should be improving. The FBW package is certainly improving a great deal. I actually thought I had an installation problem, but I got the same result with the newest version. The sounds that I'm having the biggest issue with are the engine start up sounds right near the end where the mixing seems to be really off. Also, I no longer hear the PTU in the cockpit, but I'm assuming that those sounds were removed and are not supposed to be heard in the cockpit. IDK what it is like in the RW, because I have never been in an actual A320 cockpit. I do like hearing them.

It would be nice if TSS would get something out and work with the FBW team to make sure it works well.

We strive for full realism with no compromises. The PTU and flaps are not heard in the cockpit, just like in the real A320.

14 hours ago, spitzer45 said:

If f/o screens(nd and pfd) opens i get very bad fps... 

Please make sure you are setting your cockpit refresh rate to medium or low if you are experiencing FPS issues due to hardware.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:23 AM, carlito777 said:

It's a bit of a shame that when importing the flight plan into the A320 using the Simbrief integration, it doesn't automatically file a flight plan in MSFS. So if you want to use the built-in ATC then you need to load a flight plan before starting the flight, which imports the waypoints into the A320 anyways. Makes the Simbrief integration somewhat obsolete (even though more is imported such as alternate etc.).

We are currently working on a custom route manager which will fix this issue, although this will take some time. I personally recommend not using the default ATC whenever possible - it is very inaccurate. Hopefully another third-party dev will introduce a freeware overhaul of the ATC system.

Edited by IcemanFBW
  • Like 4

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

15 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

We are currently working on a custom route manager which will fix this issue, although this will take some time. I personally recommend not using the default ATC whenever possible - it is very inaccurate. Hopefully another third-party dev will introduce a freeware overhaul of the ATC system.

Great news! Thanks a lot for all the work you guys put into the A320. It‘s just awesome. Very much appreciated. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

21 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

We strive for full realism with no compromises. The PTU and flaps are not heard in the cockpit, just like in the real A320.

Please make sure you are setting your cockpit refresh rate to medium or low if you are experiencing FPS issues due to hardware.

Are you going to make your own or re-use the one from Working Title?

I've seen on their discord they have said it's modular and can be used for any aircraft..maybe you could both make it a seperate repo on Github and everyone can contribute to it that would be cool.