Sign in to follow this  
IcemanFBW

FlyByWire A32NX 0.5.0 Stable Released!

11 hours ago, Noooch said:

Does anyone know why the Landing Challenges do not work ?

It is a shame as there are really fun and are perfect to try the flight models.

I think you can't use mods for landing challenges, not 100% sure about that though.

54 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

We strive for full realism with no compromises. The PTU and flaps are not heard in the cockpit, just like in the real A320.

Thanks. I assumed that must be the case.

Am I hearing the issue with the engine start correctly or is something off with my setup? I know you are still working on it. Just want to make sure I'm hearing what I'm supposed to be hearing.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Took 0.5.0 for a short flight earlier. Seems really good but I burnt less than a ton of fuel on a 140nm sector at FL210, which seems quite a long way off. I don't have unlimited fuel enabled, unless the latest patch reset that.

FWIW I also thought the engine start sounds were a bit basic. There's a guy on Youtube who made a custom sound pack for the Aerosoft A320 which is the nearest I've heard to being in the real aircraft, though his pack only has the CEO IAE and CFM engines:

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

5 hours ago, highflyer2020 said:

Are you going to make your own or re-use the one from Working Title?

I've seen on their discord they have said it's modular and can be used for any aircraft..maybe you could both make it a seperate repo on Github and everyone can contribute to it that would be cool.

We're considering it... no sense in re-inventing the wheel since they've already done amazing work there. However, there are a significant amount of changes we've made to the default flight plan manager over time to slowly get constraints working, so we would need to merge those in. Will keep everyone updated on the status of this. We hope to work together with the Salty 747 crew and hopefully aid them in integrating it as well.

• Like 2

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

16 hours ago, Noooch said:

Does anyone know why the Landing Challenges do not work ?

It is a shame as there are really fun and are perfect to try the flight models.

This plane has a modified flight model, so it’d be unfair to allow people to use it in landing challenges as it could give you an advantage.

5 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Thanks. I assumed that must be the case.

Am I hearing the issue with the engine start correctly or is something off with my setup? I know you are still working on it. Just want to make sure I'm hearing what I'm supposed to be hearing.

Can you clarify what you mean by issue with engine start?

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

Just now, IcemanFBW said:

Can you clarify what you mean by issue with engine start?

I was totally trying to come up with a description, so forgive me if this makes no sense.

In the cockpit, it is right at the end of the sound of the engines spooling up. There is an odd sound for about 2 seconds just before the spooling sound fades away. Seems like it should smoothly blend into the sound of the engines running.

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

12 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Things seem to be working good on my end, but I totally agree about the sounds. Looking at the change log, it seems like the sound package should be improving. The FBW package is certainly improving a great deal. I actually thought I had an installation problem, but I got the same result with the newest version. The sounds that I'm having the biggest issue with are the engine start up sounds right near the end where the mixing seems to be really off. Also, I no longer hear the PTU in the cockpit, but I'm assuming that those sounds were removed and are not supposed to be heard in the cockpit. IDK what it is like in the RW, because I have never been in an actual A320 cockpit. I do like hearing them.

It would be nice if TSS would get something out and work with the FBW team to make sure it works well.

You cannot hear the PTU sound in the cockpit (unless it's very quiet AND you have the window open). This is correct behaviour.

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Tried for a short flight planned inside FSXX, the A320 most recent version is waving slightly left and right and the AP has killed me just before the approach.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

It's a great product. I downloaded it from the website only about 1 week ago. How do I know if I have the updated version?

thankyou

Seem to be having an issue with the Simbrief integration. I can do an init data req from the AOC page, but the button doesn't appear on the Init page. It looks like, in the JS code, that the username and user id both need to be inputted. I don't know how to get the user id though, user name works and the init data req from the AOC page retrieves everything properly. But since I can't do it from the Init page then it isn't loading the legs.

6 hours ago, kinger said:

Seem to be having an issue with the Simbrief integration. I can do an init data req from the AOC page, but the button doesn't appear on the Init page. It looks like, in the JS code, that the username and user id both need to be inputted. I don't know how to get the user id though, user name works and the init data req from the AOC page retrieves everything properly. But since I can't do it from the Init page then it isn't loading the legs.

Only one of username or user ID need to be inputted, not both. Init request on the INIT A page will display as long as nothing has been inputted yet, such as origin/dest airport.

This probably seems like a stupid question, but is there a good way to toggle or dual install the FBW A32NX and the default A320 so we can still do the landing challenges?  I know they're basic, but I like them still.

Eric Szczesniak

3 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

This probably seems like a stupid question, but is there a good way to toggle or dual install the FBW A32NX and the default A320 so we can still do the landing challenges?  I know they're basic, but I like them still.

Using the addons linker, you can turn either individual or whole groups of addons on and off with a single click. Even deactivate/remove all or selected addons from the community folder while updating the sim, then return them individually or in groups afterwards.

Even create profiles with certain addons on or off and activate those with a single click: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 12/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, lambourne said:

Took 0.5.0 for a short flight earlier. Seems really good but I burnt less than a ton of fuel on a 140nm sector at FL210, which seems quite a long way off. I don't have unlimited fuel enabled, unless the latest patch reset that.

FWIW I also thought the engine start sounds were a bit basic. There's a guy on Youtube who made a custom sound pack for the Aerosoft A320 which is the nearest I've heard to being in the real aircraft, though his pack only has the CEO IAE and CFM engines:

Does that pack work in MSFS with the FBW A320, and if so, how do you install it?