Sign in to follow this  
dacia123

Replays in MSFS2020: Tool available in JAN2021 - FCR

Jeez, were these guys actually going out of their way to try and make as unintuitive a GUI as possible? Tried to play a bit of flying and next minute I'm looking at a plane crash for some reason. Yeah I know I haven't read the manual or anything yet, but seriously, what would be wrong with using the internationally recognisable play, record, rewind and stop buttons which everyone on the planet is familiar with? Talk about re-inventing the wheel.

1795JF4.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Can anyone who has this confirm whether you can switch to interior views (pilot, passenger seat) during the replay?

Thanks

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

6 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

Can anyone who has this confirm whether you can switch to interior views (pilot, passenger seat) during the replay?

Thanks

Yes, you can.

Alan Bradbury

Thanks for the quick reply Chock.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Jeez, were these guys actually going out of their way to try and make as unintuitive a GUI as possible? Tried to play a bit of flying and next minute I'm looking at a plane crash for some reason. Yeah I know I haven't read the manual or anything yet, but seriously, what would be wrong with using the internationally recognisable play, record, rewind and stop buttons which everyone on the planet is familiar with? Talk about re-inventing the wheel.

What is it

FS Playground is a companion utility to Microsoft’s flight simulator 2020. At present, is serves as:

• A replay system. You can now enjoy that rough landing from any angle you want as many times as you want.
  • A landing rating system.
  • Combined with the position memory system (see below), the perfect training system. (I use FStarter for this..which is another payware)
  • A way to move anywhere in the world (without exiting to the main menu) from saved locations or airport IDs. I use either FStarter or use the developer mode Windows-->Teleport functionality.
  • A position “librarian” where you can compile sets of interesting positions and save them or share them. I use FStarter for this.
  • Force feedback operation for supported joysticks (Microsoft’s Force Feedback 2 at present). 

See... Its not just a replay system. Its a multi utility program. This is why they did NOT call it FS Recorder, While I bought it as a FSRecorder program... a total disconnect. So it has lots of tabs and buttons for all those functions. Watch the video I posted and finally got to use the basic replay (with its auto recorder) and replay.

Now I need to record longer video over 10 mins and use the replay as an AI and fly against my own recorded flight.

I bought just for those two features. But it comes with utility which others may use and want.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

What is it

FS Playground is a companion utility to Microsoft’s flight simulator 2020. At present, is serves as:

• A replay system. You can now enjoy that rough landing from any angle you want as many times as you want.
  • A landing rating system.
  • Combined with the position memory system (see below), the perfect training system. (I use FStarter for this..which is another payware)
  • A way to move anywhere in the world (without exiting to the main menu) from saved locations or airport IDs. I use either FStarter or use the developer mode Windows-->Teleport functionality.
  • A position “librarian” where you can compile sets of interesting positions and save them or share them. I use FStarter for this.
  • Force feedback operation for supported joysticks (Microsoft’s Force Feedback 2 at present). 

See... Its not just a replay system. Its a multi utility program. This is why they did NOT call it FS Recorder, While I bought it as a FSRecorder program... a total disconnect. So it has lots of tabs and buttons for all those functions. Watch the video I posted and finally got to use the basic replay (with its auto recorder) and replay.

Now I need to record longer video over 10 mins and use the replay as an AI and fly against my own recorded flight.

I bought just for those two features. But it comes with utility which others may use and want.

Oh I know it's not just a replay system, but let's be brutally honest and acknowledge that's the bit which people want this thing for. Do you buy a replay system because it also includes some force feedback stuff for a Microsoft joystick? Really?

Let's be further honest and say that combining this function with other stuff, whilst having a very unintuitive GUI for the replay part, is not exactly a brilliant bit of design, nor concept.

Having lots of functionality might be a bonus on occasion, but not if it gets in the way of usability, and particularly some usability which seems to have very little in common with its main replay function, which it clearly does if there is the necessity for a 20 minute-plus explanatory video on using the thing from its developer.

It's just a weird choice to bundle these features all in one, in the same way that I'm not interested in my mobile phone also being able to make a cup of tea or coffee and vacuum my carpet at the expense of no longer being small enough to carry around. Sensibly, we have kettles and vacuum cleaners for these tasks, and as a result, phones fit comfortably in our pockets.

Frankly, if it takes the developer over twenty minutes of video to explain how a GUI works, when it only has three main functions, then there is something wrong with the design and layout of that GUI. By way of comparison, there is a video on my own youtube channel which I did way back in 2014, where I go through and briefly explain literally every tool on the toolbar in Photoshop, and at eight minutes and twenty seconds total running time, that video is less than half - in fact almost a third - of the length of the intro video for this thing's controls, to cover every main tool in Photoshop. And in all honesty, this was at the point where Adobe's Photoshop application was also skirting dangerously close to having a bit too much functionality for one piece of software, much of which was also moving confusingly away from the singular clarity of its original image editing functionality, but I still managed to cover it in less than ten minutes of video.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

totally agree. The tool seems to be too much overloaded and complicated. This was the first thought which came into my mind while watching the tutorial. The topic starter's tool looks very easy and that is what i am waiting for. 

Edited by zorro747
  • Like 1

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

On 12/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, dacia123 said:

Good news,

There will be a replay tool available in January 2021, it is called Flight Control Replay.

Is there any known release date by chance? 

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

Man, I'm just hoping this thread can get back on topic about FCR and this discussion about FS Playgrounds shortcomings can be had somewhere else.  

Please and thank you.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Upvote 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

19 hours ago, 177B said:

It activated in about 1 minute.

Here is a video made during a replay. Quick and dirty.

This has huge potential. I realized bit does not drop or extend flaps gear etc from recording, you have to do that. It just keeps the plane in the exact position it was in each frame. I only just started and it seems very easy to use.

I recorded using Bandicam so you see my mouse a few times.

I had a couple stutters but not bad really while recording the flight.

Thank you for your post @177B It is what I was waiting before buy. Can't wait for FCR too to come out !

Sorry, Im late to the party. Is this replay addon a single addon, or are there multiple addons doing the same thing described in this thread? The initial post had a very different UI to the one shown at the end of this thread. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 hours ago, a-n-d-r-e-w-pilot said:

This has huge potential. I realized bit does not drop or extend flaps gear etc from recording, you have to do that. It just keeps the plane in the exact position it was in each frame. I only just started and it seems very easy to use.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a rather significant issue.  Recording animations (especially more complex animations)  is essential to playbacks unless you are just flying simple aircraft.   It means when playing back airliners, your wings will either be inappropriately flexed or not flexed at all, which makes playback of airliners useless and visually unappealing.  This has been an ongoing issue with every other recorder since FSR

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

I think I may have made a mistake in buying this FS Playground. I thought I was buying this one. Replay for FS2020. I got confused with both the products. The title of this thread did not help. "Replays in MSFS2020: Tool available in JAN2021 - FCR."

FS Playground does not have the function to save a flight and use it as AI. I don't believe so. Replay can do that.

and yes FS Playground does not records the status of the aircraft like Flaps setting, Gear etc. Not sure if Replay for MSFS 2020 can do that. If Replay for MSFS2020 can do that would be a clear winner IMO.

So Folks: There are two products (if not more) doing the same thing. So please research for yourself which one you need. 

1) FS Playground

2). Replay for FS2020

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

I thought I was buying this one. Replay for FS2020

I'm glad Fabio has done a good job with the animations here.

• Like 1

"Replay for MSFS 2020" is FlightControlReplay I believe.

But I don't think it's available for FS 2020 yet?

Edited by Republic3D
  • Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s