Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Any Oculus Users Having Success?

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

I have noticed something recently. Being someone who enjoys a can of beer once in a while I have always found it a bit difficult to take a swig while wearing my Quest 2. My wife came home the other day and she had to get bottles for some reason. WOW! What a difference. I can now have many bottles of beer while flying and I now don't even have to raise my Rift even a little! If you drink canned beer now is the time to retry bottled, makes life WAY easier. 

Hope I could of helped some people out with my experiences.....

Fly on!!

OT, but even bottles are challenging to drink with an HMD.

The solution - straws!

I’ve drunk my coffee, beer, whatever many times on long airliner flights through a straw.

For those out there considering a heavy drinking session, perhaps a CamelBak or similar/

Haven’t quite got to the point where I ask for a straw with my beer in the pub, but I’m almost there. 🙂

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just now, redshift27 said:

Perhaps you do not have the latest version of OTT. I am on 0.86.8.0

nVidia settings will only apply to your monitor, not to your HMD

maybe 30 only shows up for Rift S. I've never seen it for quest?

10 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

Make sure you have the latest version. I had to update mine by downloading a full new copy. The internal check in OTT didn't work. The older versions didn't have 30hz.

10 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

The latest download here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/oculus-traytool-download.html

Still needs to be updated internally once you run it...then you'll have the 30hz options

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

@redshift27 or anyone else...

Are you changing these settings under the global game setting or are you able to create a custom profile in OTT for Flightsim? When I try and add the .exe located in C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe it tells me that the file cannot be accessed by the system.

Under the global game setting.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I now seem to be doing alot smoother without using Oculus Tray Tool at all.

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

18 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

I didn't see any change regardless of refresh rate settings for ATW or ASW. 

Just made things stutter more for me along with the annoying black frames and hour glass loading frame jumping

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Does anyone else have the problem of when you centre the view after initialising VR mode, the HMD goes black? Original Rift here.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Did you update the Oculus software to beta? If not, it's best to do so.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I'm having outstanding success thanks to a YouTube video by a guy named Overkill.  Try following his advice.  Improved my setup tremendously.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RodgerC said:

I'm having outstanding success thanks to a YouTube video by a guy named Overkill.  Try following his advice.  Improved my setup tremendously.

thank you that helped me a lot, my VR is now smooth at around 30 FPS using virtual desktop. I am running a Quest 1  I7 8700K and GTX 1080TI with 64 GB of ram so like many its necessary for me to make some compromises to get it smooth and jitter free. This will be outstanding when the bugs are ironed out and I eventually get a 3090. Virtual Desktop is a better option than the link cable in my experiences thus far, cheers

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

14 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Did you update the Oculus software to beta? If not, it's best to do so.

Tried that, - edit, it worked! Moral of the story, wait for the update to finish installing before trying to launch VR...

Edited by lambourne

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.