Sign in to follow this  
OzWhitey

Any Oculus Users Having Success?

I have the Oculus Rift S and it seems to be working ok, but, can anyone tell me how to move backwards in the seat position.  I am to close to the yoke and panel.  I can move left, right, up, down, but not backwards.  Is it even possible.  

Yes, check the control entry's for left and right, forward and backward should be there to.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

10 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Yes, check the control entry's for left and right, forward and backward should be there to.

Sorry, could you tell me where to find "control enty".  Thank you

It's under main menu, options, controls, camera , cockpit camera (select keyboard as input device):

KnSx6PS.jpg

PS: don't look at my "French" keyboard entry's. Windows always thinks i'm a Frenchy because i use a french keyboard layout. I'm not.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

1 minute ago, Lange_666 said:

It's under main menu, options, controls, camera , cockpit camera (select keyboard as input device):

KnSx6PS.jpg

PS: don't look at my "French" keyboard entry's. Windows always thinks i'm a Frenchy because i use a french keyboard layout. I'm not.

Thank you sir....

3 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Its flakey as hell....next time try this.(Youll need to either have a Touch Controller on or XBOX controller(Oculus Home Button Mapped) 

When you hit spacebar and recenter for the sim's VR mode you need to also recenter your HMD via Oculus Home button.

This is how I got it to work when it happened to me

Yeah, I have a Logitech controller but doesn't seem to be working still. Extremely frustrating! 

I use the rift S. When I first fired up the sim in VR, everything was fantastic outside of that weird black box  the upper right corner of the screen. 

I used the debug tool per other forum suggestions and that totally trashed it.

I then opted into the beta builds through the oculus software and ever since then, it’s been truly fantastic. This fixed everything for me. No black box anymore.

I would say it’s just short of DCS in how polished it feels.

it’s super smooth and I use high settings on everything except the sliders which are 200 and I use ultra on reflections and texture synthesis. 

I am average 40-50 FPS on a 2080ti and an overclocked 8700k to 4.8ghz. I use 32gb amount of RAM. 

I also don’t fly the airliners and I don’t fly into big hubs. Airliners in msfs are laughable at best at the moment.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

For me with the Rift S is mixed feelings: when flying the landscape outside is near stutter free, but when I move my  head, all the inside of the cockpit stutters, which is rather annoying. I use Oculus software Public Test Channel slider ON.

The cockpit barely readible, but when zooming in with the right mouse button it is usable.

I5-9600K @ 4.8 GHZ and MSI 2070 card.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

2 hours ago, Rene_Feijen said:

For me with the Rift S is mixed feelings: when flying the landscape outside is near stutter free, but when I move my  head, all the inside of the cockpit stutters, which is rather annoying. I use Oculus software Public Test Channel slider ON.

The cockpit barely readible, but when zooming in with the right mouse button it is usable.

I5-9600K @ 4.8 GHZ and MSI 2070 card.

I suspect this is an optimization issue. The sim isn't officially supporting Oculus yet. I think this will improve,

If you have stutters when turning your head you need to lower your resolution. I am running a 6700K and a gtx1080 with a Rift and have found VR very useable at 80% resolution and meduim settings with high clouds.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think I'm getting slightly better FPS performance by setting the Occulus App to 1.3 and in game to %70, rather than 1 in Occ app and %100 in game. Both look equally sharp

BTW - I got another Oculus App update notification this morning 

Edited by dogmanbird
  • Like 1

The sim defaults to a render setting of 80% with the oculus (and some other) HMD, at least on my computer. This does seem to be where performance works best. I don’t think it makes sense to supersample with another app when you’re downsampling in the game itself - just live with the slightly less crisp visuals in return for smoothness.

I’m finding the quest 2 to be jittery, the Rift S to be pretty good and my WMR headset (odyssey+) to be the smoothest of all. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

7 hours ago, steve310002 said:

If you have stutters when turning your head you need to lower your resolution. I am running a 6700K and a gtx1080 with a Rift and have found VR very useable at 80% resolution and meduim settings with high clouds.

Aha I will try that. So many settings to test with...

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

No luck at all with the oculus 1 via link it's awful with stutters galore and flashing

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Get Oculus Tray Tool and play around. Climb into the steam gauge Cub. Don't choose EGLL or KFJK for your first attempt, go out into the sticks. Switch MSFS into Windowed mode so you can easily flip between MSFS and OTT. Try MSFS render settings even as low as 50 or 60 and SS in OTT at e.g. 1.5. Don't be afraid. No one is going to know. These are the key two numbers in "Setting Your Experience".

(If you want to change SS in OTT you should jump out of VR first, change the SS and then jump back in. You can change Render percentage on the fly in VR, also ASW settings.)

Switch on the Performance HUD in OTT and turn ASW off so you can see latency and what fps you can achieve. You will notice that the lower you drop the render rate in MSFS, the lower the latency and the "lighter" your headset will feel as you move your head. With higher latency it feels heavier and draggy.

Find your sweet spot of render settings + SS: without question I think an SS of 1.3 to 1.5 looks better than leaving SS at 1.0 and having a higher render percentage. Depending on your CPU and GPU you will find your own sweet spot.

Once you have found your sweet spot in resolution, and an fps above 30-35, hopefully 40, turn off the Performance HUD and (this is the most important) set ASW to 30fps in OTT. (For the Rift S this will actually produce 27.5fps). Now never look at fps again. Capping MSFS to ASW 30fps will reduce stutters and the Oculus ASW is very good at this frequency for civilian flight sims. You DON'T NEED the 45fps setting, you will be struggling to hold this frame rate consistently and it will stutter sooner or later.

If you are still stuttering air 30fps, you need to reduce other settings. Turn down render percentage further.  Volumetric clouds are the other biggest culprits. Try Medium or even Low. 

It is quite educational to play around with all the other graphics settings, and indeed it is easier in VR as you can click "Apply" and just look sideways out of the cockpit to instantly see the effect on your image. Many settings actually do very little for the experience, and if you find you cannot really tell much difference with something on a higher setting, turn it down and save those processor cycles.

Edited by redshift27
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2