Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Frustrated... CTD on final...all too often

Here I am finishing a two hour trip, line up on final following an approach >>>>then.... CTD

Nice VR trip though, nice intermittent real weather, no stutters, ultra settings all round, then  for NO understandable reason, with lots of VRAM, lots of RAM, lots of power.....

CTD  = Cannot Take Dis

makes the sim something you avoid

Edited by peppy197
  • Like 1

I had this to untill I disabled the Azure-voices. Never had a crash again (since two months now).

+1

I have never had a CTD since the 18th of August until three days ago, the day after the last MSFS update. After that date it's occurring regularly: before take-off, on final, and even in the menu screen. Nothing else has changed on my system (unless Windows10 installs some updates by its own).

46 minutes ago, JWvdH said:

I had this to untill I disabled the Azure-voices. Never had a crash again (since two months now).

Could you please enlighten me as how to disable Azure??   Thanks!!

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

2 hours ago, JWvdH said:

Right. Forgot about that. That once helped me, too. Not in front of my rig right now but atc voice can be set in the options menu. Possible data or even under traffic. 

As a brief summary, for others these possibilities helped to cure CTDs 

- on Nvidia roll back to an older driver around 456.71

- disable azure atc voice (use windows instead)

- disable multiplayer

- disable live traffic

- disable rolling cache

- disable photogrammetry 

EDIT: Azure ATC is found in Options --> General --> Sound, try to set Windows Offline mode. This is what I did and now enroute in cfwb modded neo from EKCH to LSZH (again)....

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

6 minutes ago, DAD said:

- disable rolling cache

- disable photogrammetry 

I had these disabled and enabled on 3 PC's since the last update, photogrammetry seems to definitely hit hard on medium or low spec PC's to cause CTD more often. No issues with rolling cache, but my findings might be anecdotal (so not saying it wont help). I set my rolling cache to 128 GB just for the sake of it just now, had it disabled before and still had CTD.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I agree that it somehow boils down to some of msfs online features causing CTDs on my end. Because I have photogrammetry off since weeks (too big hit and not always making scenery look better), did roll back my Nvidia driver and yet hat another CTD yesterday during approach to FSDTs LSZH. 

next try will be to disable azure atc

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

CTD

1> Remove everything from Community Folder

2> Turn down or remove overclocking on Memory, CPU, GPU

3 PROBLEM SOLVED

Regards

• Like 4

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

CTD

3 PROBLEM SOLVED

Regards

I fly with no mods half the time, and had roughly the same # of CTD with or without. I don't use heavy mods though even when I do use mods. No CTD prior to this last update, other than in Dev mode. So thx for the advice, but IMO, problem not solved. 

One PC does have card OC'd, but the others do not, and the OC'd card is still 5% under what the average of people get out of it is, plus cleared easily by MSI afterburner and never had issue in any other app to be honest.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

22 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I fly with no mods half the time

also here no mods at all except the neo, currently the custom fbw mod, no overclocking at all with my i5-2500

Phil Leaven

1 hour ago, DAD said:

- disable azure atc voice (use windows instead)

- disable multiplayer

- disable live traffic

- disable rolling cache

- disable photogrammetry 

,,,  disable MSFS 2020

Voila, no more CTD

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Denwagg said:

CTD

3 PROBLEM SOLVED

Regards

So no Citation mod for you. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Seems to me all these CTD have a correlation  to the mouse in VR getting stuck or losing focus due to something changing place on the desktop/.........

27 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

,,,  disable MSFS 2020

Voila, no more CTD

No more post then, bye!,

No CTD in 90 hours since day 1. But ofc its the sim nothing else.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

will report back in few minutes, but currently the only setting I changed is ATC from Azure to Windows Offline, live traffic, live weather and live atc on, also multiplayer, sky is busy during my approach to ILS34 into LSZH, currently descending to FL100 and all fine. This far I did not come before. Knock on wood...

EDIT except that ATC still gets confused. sent me to FL100 before and now back to FL190. Will just ignore this. Apologies KWIESER76, SWISSGAMER#2725, NILS 8107 and others if I now get into you flight path 🙂

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven