Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

So, is FSX Deluxe worth $70?

Good luck there Jeff!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest robains

In a word, NO!I stopped use FSX due to all the bugs (beyond performance problems) that the Beta folks either didn't report or the Ace's Team orthe Aces' dev team ignored to get the Xmas revenue. Either way, FSX just doesn't provide me with any entertainment value, more frustration than anything. I guess if you like doing VERY simple flights in FSX it "might" provide some fun for you?A DX10 "free upgrade" was supposed to be available by when Vista was released, well I have the final Vista and I don't see any DX10 FSX patch?? Beyond that, all I hear is just wait the DX10 will be unbelievable and all the issues resolved! Sound like the same "Beta folks" have got FSX for DX10 -- in which case I'd suggest you ignore their comments as they clearly didn't influence the Ace's team the first time around.Rob.

Guest robains

And what about all the other bugs? Putting performance problems aside?

Guest robains

Why is every discussion about frame rates and turning settings down? Putting aside the obvious problems with the lack of use of existing hardware to help performance/frame rates -- what about the 100's of other serious bugs in this "simulation"?How can anyone possibly recommend FSX to this poor guy?I just don't get you folks, putting aside the performance problems how can you possibly justify FSX for a purchase??1. The Deserts of the SF/Bay Area -- I live here and I don't see any but they exist in FSX2. The wonderful airport traffic that runs into Aircraft that are taxi back to their gate3. ATC that routes Aircraft off into oblivian4. Altimeter reading that are no longer provided followed by the "please expidite you climb to xxx..."5. and on and on and on...Why are you people promoting this junk!! Even the freakin' Ace's dev team admitted they goofed, so why are you trying to sell FSX to people?Rob.

Guest robains

Bingo, every thread has it "performance problems, tweaks, not perfect" -- but yes do buy it!?? Say what???OMG, how low have you folks taken your level of acceptance??This is ridiculous!

Guest robains

Bottom line:1. You'll have to turn so much eye candy down in FSX that FS9 will look better and run smoother2. You know the FS9 bugs, the FSX bugs are 100 times worseMy recommendation, load FS9 stay with it, wait and see if the Ace's Team deliver FSX DX10 that is worth $70. What we currently have in FSX is clearly a BETA product.Rob.

Some people strategically counter the criticism of FSX, be it constructive or destructive criticism.

Guest smarti05

Well I've finally given up on FSX all together and if I qualified, would seriously consider returning it. The final straw was a nice flight I was doing across mid to northern europe - saved the flight then a few days later go to load it up and the thing just crashes out with some unreadable memory error, happened quite regularly with several different flights under xp (doesn't under vista but i don't like running it under vista for other reasons) so its back to fs9 for me with lovely smooth frame rates, no crashes and the lovely lds 767 and pmdg 747 to fly around in. Why I let myself get suckered in to all this 'tweaking' madness on FSX is beyond me, nothing i did made it work properly.By the way, in fs9 I have fsglobal and ge pro2 as well as traffic2005 and British airports, they all work really well.But its your choice of course......

Robain, With all due respect :In response to: You'll have to turn so much eye candy down in FSX that FS9 will look better and run smootherThat may be true with your machine but it is nonetheless a generalzation. It is not true for ALL machines.You know the FS9 bugs, the FSX bugs are 100 times worseAgain both a generalization and definetley an exageration.Just because you can't get it to run to your liking does not applyto everyone.Craig

Guest Stoopy

I seen me a payware add-on plane that was announced and the CD-ROM version (not download) has a price of just over $35.00. No doubt a lot of work went into it. But no doubt a lot of work went into the platform which "hosts" it.....so wouldn't the sim that it's made for be worth twice that?And a good deal is just a state of mind anyway...good or bad... isn't it?

<<>There are issues. ACES is aware and they have committed to a pre-DX10 patch. In the mean time many people are still enjoying the sim, including myself, faults and all. Sorry but I don't consider myself lame for making the most of it.

>>> OMG, how low have you folks taken your level of acceptance??We have made our issues known and ACES committed to a patch to try and address the major performance issues. If we were talking about a product with a $2000 USD/year recurring support cost, I might be beating the drum too. However, we are talking about a $70 product ($25/yr based on the typical release schedule). Where I live, its hard to find a good meal for that. Let's keep things in perspective. ACES has a game plan. Give them a chance.