Sign in to follow this  
EvidencePlz

Navigraph 2020 survey results: MSFS is the winner!

25 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

if only they can win in fixing the bugs

lol 😄

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

They (MS/Asobo) are certainly a leader. By a wide margin can be subjectively argued they are not.

I see that many are still using XP11, FSX, P3D and in pretty high numbers as well.

This is good for the flight sim community in general. I think most don't have a horse they want to see win this race. 

The bar will keep being raised with competition.

Edited by tpete61
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Interesting. P3D v5 is lower than v4.

navigraph-survey-2020-flight-sim-9.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Judging from what I've been reading in the Prepar3D forum, 4.5 is said to be extremely stable while v5 still has lots of issues going on, so it's not too surprising.

What surprises me though is that Flight Simulator 2002 is being used nearly as much as 2004. The latter has remained very popular over the years thanks to its high performance and overall stability, and I'm not sure what advantage 2002 could have in any situation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FS2002 is still being used??😲

• Like 2

Mauricio Brentano

Is interesting to see X-Plane is gaining momentum as well and overtaking P3D. Anyway, agree or disagree, MSFS is shaping the future of simming and boasting all these software and hardware companies to have record sales. 

I am looking forward for the comments of the folks in P3D universe ^^

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I bet someone is still using Microsoft Flight. Maybe so rarely that it didn't make it to the list.

Does anyone keep XP11.0 - 11.41 as a separate install to XP11.5+ ?
If not, per the bar chart, the combined usage of XP11 is ~60% which matches MSFS.

Comparing the 'hardcore' use of each sim, (i.e. 'most of the time') MSFS, XP11 and P3D v4+v5 all sit within 23% - 26% of total respondents.
It's a lot closer than the graph data first suggests, with half of each sim platform's users apparently using another sim.

What it does show in MSFS' favour, IMO, is how much MSFS looks like a next generation sim.
It has an impressive user base for less than 6 months since release.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Does anyone keep XP11.0 - 11.41 as a separate install to XP11.5+ ?

I do, I have two XP11.41 and XP11.51 installations due to some add-ones compatibility, hence sometimes I used XP11,41 and sometimes XP11.51, however since my most plugins are now officially support XP11.51, I am recently mainly in XP11.51. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

They definately forgot Stunt Island in that query.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

50 minutes ago, MauB said:

FS2002 is still being used??😲

Where I am working in Africa, you can find old desktop for 10-15$, FS2002 would run great on them

Edited by bendead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I wonder if there are many like me. I was excited to move to V5 back in April but the initial reports of issues, especially VRAM management, caused me to hold off. I just did not have the heart to go back to the place of spending days adjusting settings to avoid CTDs, purchasing a scenery and hoping its memory footprint was not too large that I would need to readjust settings again to be able to use it, etc. I think we all remember the VAS issues. After a few weeks I decided to hold off for 5.1 but then 2020 came out in the summer and it has occupied a great deal of my time, so I just never returned to the prospect of upgrading. V4.5 has been very stable for me and I got it looking and working very well. And, to be honest, I have done maybe 12 flights in P3D since August, the majority of which I did not complete.

So, I am in a holding pattern with P3D. I will wait to see where it goes in the coming months. Given that it has been out for 9 months I will likely wait for a V6, if that comes, and then decide if I will continue with P3D in any way, or just patiently abide with MSFS as it evolves.

Dan Scott

From the longer form report, these are the results that are the most interesting (and will probably cause most debate):

Qv75KGn.png

MSFS:

qO7kIA8.png

XP11:
https://i.imgur.com/buj4koZ.png

P3D v5:
https://i.imgur.com/EQ0sXzV.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter