Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

January 14th, 2021 - Development Update

3 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

Next week. Tuesday the 26th will be the UK update.

So it took Asobo a whole month to repair the elevation spikes they introduced before Christmas. Remarkable.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

9 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No, I don’t have MSFS.

So what are you telling me? That this aircraft is designed for MSFS and is flying > Mach 1 when we have definitive proof supersonic flight is not currently possible? Please clarify.

If I am not mistaken the aircraft flies at about 660 knots (30 sec between Lady Liberty and Central Park, 5.5 nm) and very low. A subsonic flight but not far from crossing the Mach 1 threshold which is at 667 knots at sea level in dry air at 20°c.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

If I am not mistaken the aircraft flies at about 660 knots (30 sec between Lady Liberty and Central Park, 5.5 nm) and very low. A subsonic flight but not far from crossing the Mach 1 threshold which is at 667 knots at sea level in dry air at 20°c.

If you're referring to the Mach 1.5 video I have already shown through timings and calculations that the speed was just below Mach 1. It certainly wasn't Mach 1.5 as clamed. We don't need to know the aircraft speed. That can be ascertained by how long it takes to fly a measured distance.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

13 minutes ago, pmb said:

So it took Asobo a whole month to repair the elevation spikes they introduced before Christmas. Remarkable.

Though there has been a freeware fix out there for a while.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

14 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Though there has been a freeware fix out there for a while.

Sure, which I use. Appeared ~ Jan 1st.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you're referring to the Mach 1.5 video I have already shown through timings and calculations that the speed was just below Mach 1. It certainly wasn't Mach 1.5 as clamed. We don't need to know the aircraft speed. That can be ascertained by how long it takes to fly a measured distance.

Ascertain by how long it takes to fly a measured distance is how to know an aircraft velocity relative to the ground not relative to the air. The pressure is unknown so one can’t  measure the Mach but it is not wrong to assume a subsonic speed relative to the air close to Mach 1 as ground velocity is close to 660 knots. Mach 1.5 is far fetched.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

33 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

To be fair, there was a holiday in between. Still, it doesn‘t leave the best of impressions. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

How is this supersonic thing an issue?

Who (other than Ray) would want to fly at that speed over the rather good MSFS scenery?

I can understand the wish to do it in FSX or P3D.

I find it somewhat unreal that a Moderator spends so much time finding fault with a simulator that he does not own or use.

My twopennyworth, but YMMV.

Dave.

• Like 4

Still no fix for the coastline glitch and the morphing mountains though, and the former has existed since the USA World Update. From the looks of it, it won't be fixed with the UK World Update either since it's in their backlog for now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dave belsey said:

Who (other than Ray) would want to fly at that speed over the rather good MSFS scenery?

Me!!... not that there's a Tornado IDS available. It would be great fun to have proper detailed visuals ripping by when doing M1.3 with Terrain Following Radar and autopilot engaged..(assuming that the air intake ramps were fully functioning) - there was a rumour floating around that Tonkas in RAF service had the ramp actuators disabled for peacetime sorties so that supersonic speed wouldn't be "abused" :ph34r:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, dave belsey said:

How is this supersonic thing an issue?

I can understand the wish to do it in FSX or P3D.

I find it somewhat unreal that a Moderator spends so much time finding fault with a simulator that he does not own or use.

My twopennyworth, but YMMV.

Dave.

It’s an issue because supersonic flight is possible in FS9, FSX and all versions of P3D. Plenty of people will want to fly either Concorde or a military jet but cannot currently do so.

Where have I found fault in MSFS. I started the conversation by asking if supersonic flight was possible. A video was posted that claimed to be flying at Mach 1.5 over New York. That was proven to be false. Don’t have a go at me for debunking the claim that supersonic flight is possible.

What has my mod status got to do with it? I can post as a normal member can’t I? I’ve been a member of AvSim since 2003 and have helped loads of people especially in the Radar Contact forum.

My mileage definitely varies to yours!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Did you ever purchase upgraded mesh for FSX?  I did and it introduced plateaus and airports on high peaks or deep in trenches.  How long did it take the various developers to fix those issues in a paid for product?

How about we cut Asobo some slack?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

23 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Did you ever purchase upgraded mesh for FSX?  I did and it introduced plateaus and airports on high peaks or deep in trenches.  How long did it take the various developers to fix those issues in a paid for product?

How about we cut Asobo some slack?

I did buy Mesh for P3D (several times, 2010FTX, Ultimate, Ultimate NG, Ultimate NT) and not only did it introduce plateaus but also ground morphing. But this isn't the question here. It's not about an addon but about an issue introduced by Asobo themselves and I had the feeling they should have remedied it a bit more quickly.

Just my opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine

Kind regards

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s an issue because supersonic flight is possible in FS9, FSX and all versions of P3D. Plenty of people will want to fly either Concorde or a military jet but cannot currently do so.

Where have I found fault in MSFS. I started the conversation by asking if supersonic flight was possible. A video was posted that claimed to be flying at Mach 1.5 over New York. That was proven to be false. Don’t have a go at me for debunking the claim that supersonic flight is possible.

What has my mod status got to do with it? I can post as a normal member can’t I? I’ve been a member of AvSim since 2003 and have helped loads of people especially in the Radar Contact forum.

My mileage definitely varies to yours!

I only felt obliged to post after your 20th post in this thread.

This is in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum - a software that you neither own nor use.

If I were to offer 20 'non-critical' posts in the FSX or P3D fora in a thread about Concorde, having previously announced that I do not own or use the software then I would likely have suffered criticism or threats from a moderator.

By all means post about software that you own and use, but perhaps with a different banner without all the trappings of Moderator - it is my contention that posts from a Moderator should be regarding moderation.

Dave.

4 minutes ago, dave belsey said:

I only felt obliged to post after your 20th post in this thread.

This is in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum - a software that you neither own nor use.

If I were to offer 20 'non-critical' posts in the FSX or P3D fora in a thread about Concorde, having previously announced that I do not own or use the software then I would likely have suffered criticism or threats from a moderator.

By all means post about software that you own and use, but perhaps with a different banner without all the trappings of Moderator - it is my contention that posts from a Moderator should be regarding moderation.

Dave.

I wasn't counting. Many of those were responding to other posts.

Not owning it does not prevent me from posting about it. The aspect I was enquiring about was supersonic flight. Nothing more.

You have a strange attitude towards moderators. I don't have the option of posting with my mod hat removed. Why is that such an issue for you? I see you've been a member here for approaching 14 years but have posted less than 100 times. Yet you feel the need to criticise me for a discussion about MSFS.

Trapping of a moderator? Care to expand on what privileges that brings? Unpaid, having to scan and approve posts several times a day and warn people where necessary. You don't apply for the job, you're invited. That's all I'm saying because it's off-topic.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather