Sign in to follow this  
tweekz

Aerosoft CRJ - new preview screenshots [Jan 29]

3 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

We had a a ACA CR2 that did CYYZ-KMCI

How did I forget about that?  I actually flew on that IRL years ago.  That was a long time on a CRJ2!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

52 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

I wish Asobo added shared cockpit, without it it will be a limited experience to fly big jets like the CRJ (unlike a CJ4 single pilot plane). I tried the Your Control plugin but had a very poor experience with unsynchronized switches and screens. 

While this would be a neat feature, I think the vast majority of the tubeliner folks here would disagree with you about it being a limited experience.

I, for one, have had some of the most fulfilling simming experiences (and fun) in things like the 727 where the workload is high because it was designed to flown by three flight crew.

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

18 hours ago, Chock said:

It's worth bearing in mind that this is in fact a lot of the appeal of the aeroplanes such as the CRJ, Dash 8 and ATR-72 for flight simmers. It's more time spent doing the fun bits where you are actually flying the aeroplane, having to operate the controls, take off and land. Sitting there with the autopilot on is pretty boring in comparison.

That's true. In an industry that gets automated more and more, true heroes are dying out. As a commercial pilot nowadays you spend more time monitoring systems than actually flying the thing. Adding up on this, the computers already do great jobs in monitoring systems as well. So the pilot more and more becomes a general decision maker and failsafe mechanism. 😄

You can see this perfectly in other industries like trains. There are already a lot of them driving fully autonomously. Especially on airports I've seen a few of them. As soon as companies decide to adapt their railroad networks (which would be a huge investment though) this number could soon rise.

With aviation it'll probably take some decades still and maybe there will always be a backup pilot aboard. But he certainly won't have lot to do anymore. More like a software engineer. 🙂

So while on the one side I love to see technological progress, on the other side I already miss the heroic picture of a pilot. At least we still got GA planes that need some attention. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

24 minutes ago, tweekz said:

That's true. In an industry that gets automated more and more, true heroes are dying out. As a commercial pilot nowadays you spend more time monitoring systems than actually flying the thing. Adding up on this, the computers already do great jobs in monitoring systems as well. So the pilot more and more becomes a general decision maker and failsafe mechanism. 😄

You can see this perfectly in other industries like trains. There are already a lot of them driving fully autonomously. Especially on airports I've seen a few of them. As soon as companies decide to adapt their railroad networks (which would be a huge investment though) this number could soon rise.

With aviation it'll probably take some decades still and maybe there will always be a backup pilot aboard. But he certainly won't have lot to do anymore. More like a software engineer. 🙂

So while on the one side I love to see technological progress, on the other side I already miss the heroic picture of a pilot. At least we still got GA planes that need some attention. 😄

I think Cirrus has a plane that lands itself from cruise. Even does radio calls for you.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

9 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I think Cirrus has a plane that lands itself from cruise. Even does radio calls for you.

The TBM can already do this, you just whack a button and it picks a suitable airfield and lands there. https://www.flyingmag.com/story/avionics/autoland-certified-on-tbm-940/

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

Yeah, I've heard about that as well. Here's a DA42 on autoland. What I mean is, in GA it's more about raw aviation, not so many guidelines in that regard. You can do it for fun. 🙂

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 2/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, Chock said:

There'll be very few 2-3 hour flights in a CRJ, and probably none at all in a CRJ550 since that variant only has a range of 1,378 miles, meaning with reserves for diversions etc it's only ever going to do flights of less considerably than 1,000 miles and probably around half that distance a lot of the time. Especially since the CRJ isn't certified for long flights over water.

We usually worked on the larger CRJ variants (typically the 900) for SAS, and they were invariably flying routes of about 650 miles or so, which is a total flight time of about one hour and thirty minutes. On flight profiles such as that, there's not much in the way of sitting there in cruise for a long time, much of the flight will be the climb and descent portions, so an autothrottle, whilst a nice luxury, isn't really a necessity. Beyond that, it's cheaper to maintain an aeroplane with less mechanical systems too, so not having an autothrottle probably helps a lot with saving cash for operators.

It's worth bearing in mind that this is in fact a lot of the appeal of the aeroplanes such as the CRJ, Dash 8 and ATR-72 for flight simmers. It's more time spent doing the fun bits where you are actually flying the aeroplane, having to operate the controls, take off and land. Sitting there with the autopilot on is pretty boring in comparison.

There are longer flights on these aircraft. I was on a CRJ flight once from KMSP - KSLC. It was 3.5 hours.

Just now, dbw1 said:

There are longer flights on these aircraft.

Yup, on some variants, but it's not really typical of the CRJ's operation and it's even feasible on the CRJ550 variant in this package from Aerosoft.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 2/4/2021 at 8:57 AM, Chock said:

Yup, on some variants, but it's not really typical of the CRJ's operation and it's even feasible on the CRJ550 variant in this package from Aerosoft.

The reason I remember this particular flight is that my seat partner was of such a size that they occupied their seat and half of mine. I had been assigned the window and it was a full flight. I was pushed against the cabin wall with such force I literally could not move my arms to accept a beverage from the flight attendant. Long 3.5 ours.....

In terms of passenger comfort the CRJs are an absolute nightmare. Sit next to a fat person, and it turns into a trip from hell. 

24 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

In terms of passenger comfort the CRJs are an absolute nightmare. Sit next to a fat person, and it turns into a trip from hell. 

On the other hand, you could also be seated next to an attractive lady. 🙂 No risk - no fun.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:57 PM, Chock said:

The CRJ is exactly designed to satisfy my flight sim demands. I am sure the guys over at Bombardier kept that in mind.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

On the other hand, you could also be seated next to an attractive lady. 🙂 No risk - no fun.

I've never had a seat next to an attractive lady. I usually end up in the middle row, middle seat, squeezed between two screaming infants on a transcontinental flight on some old beater plane like the 747-200 or the 757.

Of course, nothing beats a flight on an Ilyushin IL-18 - NIGHTMARE!!!

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

on a transcontinental flight on some old beater plane like (...) the 757.

Woah you leave the 752 out of this! 😂

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The official Aerosoft forum is turning into a paper chase for the release date and Mathijs Kok has officially announced, that the first three who guess it right get a free copy! 😄

And - to top this - a few posts later he confirmed that the correct date has already been guessed (unless something unforeseen happens).

Considering the estimates, this indicates a February / early March release!

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj/page/65/&tab=comments#comment-1014016

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Yeah definitely either the second half of Feb or at worse early March although I would say late Feb.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super