Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Simple to use, low perf impact traffic addon for P3D?

17 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

What Bob said.

What UTLive doesn't have is PBR materials for their AI models.  I've ask if that will come in a future update but no response.  I prefer the process of adding (inject) AI traffic as that provides for more flexibility and if LM ever decide to add features (I and others have requested), it could open a door for much more realistic AI traffic patterns that respond to a variety of conditions (weather, holds, delays, density, etc.).

Cheers, Rob.

I always thought at some point LM would work on the AI system. It seems like one of those functions that would be beneficial in the training environment for their commercial/government customers.

12 hours ago, w6kd said:

The UTL configuration program does not run with the sim.  That said, UTL does have a program component that runs with the sim...it is loaded via an exe.xml file entry made by the installer.  UTL actively injects and moves AI around outside the organic traffic engine in P3D.  AIG, in contrast, creates traffic bgl files that are run within P3D's traffic engine.

The models themselves are low polygon as Rob says but how does the 'actively injects' piece impact CPU load?  My guess is probably very minimally, yes?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

27 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I always thought at some point LM would work on the AI system. It seems like one of those functions that would be beneficial in the training environment for their commercial/government customers.

Chapstick. You are still assuming LM is only interested to change things according to military requirements and customers. You are very wrong with that assumption. 

LM has a long long release list with topics and fixes with lots of things the military does not necessary care for. 

They really listen to the customers and put in much effort to enhance the sim.

Take the lights of ai planes via AILRP for instance. Ask @simbolhow much he interacts with LM to get his requirements done. And they did indeed listen. For the military this has probably not that importance. 

Or ask @Rob_Ainscough about his suggestions which made it into P3D and if all that is done just for military. 

IT is your assumption nothing more and nothing less. 

sorry....off topic but I want to make sure you see what this means to all of us.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 hours ago, B777ER said:

Literally did not understand anything you just typed.

Lol, AIG's AI manager... while it does work for online model matching, it wasn't really meant for that, so you may have to configure some of it yourself. You download airline plans/schedule  because most users want it for the ai traffic and not for use online.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Marcus is now part of the P3D Beta team, although he cannot discuss publicly what we discuss with LM, he is now another witness of the interactions we have with LM developers.

I have said it for a long time, LM does listen to requirements from developers and users. Of course they have their roadmap and goals, but I have witnessed many times them changing their priorities when it is required due to suggestions we provide.

I am always advocating for improvements for the platform, lately mostly for visual rendering improvements, I have been requesting also improvements to AI management but given what users seems to demand lately and what I gather from Facebook, reddit, discord, Avsim, etc. The priority of what users want seems to be visual rendering improvements and will continue to pass such requirements to the P3D developing team, but of course I always give AI improvements a nudge: wink.

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

This thread is about AI options for P3D, not anyone's eternal dissatisfaction with how LM does business.

Next thread hijacker gets himself an all-expense unpaid vacation to anywhere but AVSIM.  In other words, quit while you're ahead.  Please.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

18 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

LM's ability to communicate stops at the beta team. You might think that's great, but I don't. My experience on their forum in a 13-page thread with thousands of views trying to help track down a CTD that they left in the sim for 5 months speaks to that. Total silence. 

Also, they didn't seem to be listening when beta testers told them V5 wasn't ready for release. Oops!

Deleted! as wished by ADMIN...

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 1/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, Biggles2010 said:

I am not a rivet counter so I have never understood why some users need every tiny detail portrayed exactly as in real life, with every ai aircraft having the correct number, and parked at exactly the right gate on the particular day and following precise real life flightplans. But I do like to see airports populated with reasonable looking ai, giving a general impression of activity related to the size of the airport..

I had looked at AIG several times and gave up trying to understand the process, which is far from being one click. UTLive v2 is much more straightforward and creates a reasonable sense of immersion without spending many hours reproducing airline schedules and liveries. If absolute accuracy and detail are the most important then AIG probably fits, but it's not as simple as the impression given by some.

For the 'one-click' thing. It is one click for each airline. You highlight the airline you want to install, and then make one click to download and install the models, download, convert, and install the repaints, and download and install the flightplan (.BGL or AIG's). That is the one click install. If you install 400 airlines, then you need to click 400 times to highlight them, and one more click to install them all.... So 1 click install per airline. Multiple clicks to install multiple airlines. But it can be 10 clicks if you only want 10 different airlines, or 1100 (I think that's how many there are) clicks to get them all - that's up to you.   

Let me offer a suggestion. Pick one airport that you fly out of frequently in P3D and go to that airport's web page. Most airports have a page listing the airlines that the airport services. Pick a half dozen of the largest airlines for that airport and then use the tutorial to add them to your sim. It won't take that long, and you can dip your toe in the water before diving in head first. Just install it outside of your main sim folder. If you don't like it or get stuck you can always uninstall it and start over (or not). If you do like it. Just add more airlines

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

5 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

For the 'one-click' thing. It is one click for each airline. You highlight the airline you want to install, and then make one click to download and install the models, download, convert, and install the repaints, and download and install the flightplan (.BGL or AIG's). That is the one click install. If you install 400 airlines, then you need to click 400 times to highlight them, and one more click to install them all.... So 1 click install per airline. Multiple clicks to install multiple airlines. But it can be 10 clicks if you only want 10 different airlines, or 1100 (I think that's how many there are) clicks to get them all - that's up to you.   

Let me offer a suggestion. Pick one airport that you fly out of frequently in P3D and go to that airport's web page. Most airports have a page listing the airlines that the airport services. Pick a half dozen of the largest airlines for that airport and then use the tutorial to add them to your sim. It won't take that long, and you can dip your toe in the water before diving in head first. Just install it outside of your main sim folder. If you don't like it or get stuck you can always uninstall it and start over (or not). If you do like it. Just add more airlines

Not entirely correct. You can choose "multiple select" and multiple select whatever you want first and than run one-click-installer. It will install all selected airlines one after another, automatically, as long as no further interaction is needed. It can be the installer asks You,  certain packages to download via other sites, to take action, after that it will proceed again automatically. 

This is a huge benefit and saves lots of time.

I can recommend not to select to much at ones, as this process can take lots of time. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have used both UTLive and AIG OCI.   Well, and a long time ago I used the first UT.

The thread title is "simple to use and lo perf", and UTLive does that.   However, some of its models are...really not up-to-par unless they have updated it lately.  But simple and low perf impact it does well.

AIG OCI has much better and more models and once you get it set up it is pretty simple to use.   One drawback are the lack of GA models, although that could be partly my fault as I haven't installed a lot of the bizjet plans/models and don't keep up to speed as to GA.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

17 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Not entirely correct. You can choose "multiple select" and multiple select whatever you want first and than run one-click-installer. It will install all selected airlines one after another, automatically, as long as no further interaction is needed. It can be the installer asks You,  certain packages to download via other sites, to take action, after that it will proceed again automatically. 

This is a huge benefit and saves lots of time.

I can recommend not to select to much at ones, as this process can take lots of time. 

Marcus

I said "highlight" you said "select", but we are both talking about the same process. I don't think that we have a difference of opinion, either. 

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

35 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

This is a bloody pain in the you know what. Makes you appreciate FLAI and the installer they had. Thank God I have that backed up.

Eric 

18 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I said "highlight" you said "select", but we are both talking about the same process. I don't think that we have a difference of opinion, either. 

I mean highlight multiple airlines (like 10, 20 or whatever you want) and then run one click. So with this one click you install multiple airlines. So not one click per Airline. 

I installed round  about 30 airlines at once with 1 click after I selected\highlined them. 

So one click counts for "n" Airliners installed all of them once. 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

45 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This is a bloody pain in the you know what. Makes you appreciate FLAI and the installer they had. Thank God I have that backed up.

I didn't think FLAI had flight plans? I never used it. And I disagree. Downloading and installing the models, textures, and flight plans for each airline and airplane and then converting the textures and compiling the BGLs and then copying them into the sim would be a pain. Clicking the airline name and then clicking OCI is well.. so simple a caveman can do it... (if they had computers back then, of course)

42 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I mean highlight multiple airlines (like 10, 20 or whatever you want) and then run one click. So with this one click you install multiple airlines. So not one click per Airline. 

I installed round  about 30 airlines at once with 1 click after I selected\highlined them. 

So one click counts for "n" Airliners installed all of them once. 

Lol... we still agree. Yes, one click counts for "n" Airliners. But when you go through the list and highlight the airline, you do that by clicking on it. So if you highlight 10 airlines (that is 10 clicks), and then the "one click" is really click #11. 😁

Edited by MDFlier

4 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I didn't think FLAI had flight plans? I never used it.

Lol... we still agree. Yes, one click counts for "n" Airliners. But when you go through the list and highlight the airline, you do that by clicking on it. So if you highlight 10 airlines (that is 10 clicks), and then the "one click" is really click #11. 😁

Yes and than click bulk install and all 11 get installed automatically. Thanks for clarifying ones, twice.......;-}

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png