Sign in to follow this  
tup61

Anyone knows about a Dash 8-Q400 for MSFS...?

22 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Been stated a few times by lead developers during streams, another indicator is they are being granted the ability to increase the development team working on FS2020 which I assume is through increased funding from MS or revenue being raised by the sim.

That is pretty awesome news they are expanding the dev team thanks for that.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Meantime you may just have to be content watching Pilot Emilie though most of her cockpit clips show trim wheels so she is probably in something ancient like a Q100 😄

LMAO, yep Pilot Emile would love to have this plane in the sim. I'm sure if majestic had something ready she would be more then happy to give it a try.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

9 hours ago, Armchair Pilot said:

.......another indicator is they are being granted the ability to increase the development team working on FS2020 which I assume is through increased funding from MS or revenue being raised by the sim.

A private equity company recently bought a stake in Asobo which should enable them to add more employees to the team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, desbean said:

A private equity company recently bought a stake in Asobo which should enable them to add more employees to the team.

Read somewhere about that, things are looking up for the studio if someone is willing to invest in these trying times into a smaller brand studio.

On 2/4/2021 at 11:22 PM, jpe828 said:

She flies a 300, but who really cares. It is interesting how some devs are able to make it work with the current SDK, and others seem to struggle. For example, the working title guys have done wonders with the FMC in the CJ4, custom autopilot, custom flight planning... yet I have read elsewhere that devs can't create a working FMC... who knows. I did enjoy the Majestic Q back in FSX. Was by far the most realistic turboprop. 

Where did you get the idea she flies a 300? Its a Q400. Not a 300.

The Q in my signature is because I have been flying their planes since the Q300 in FSX, I am not associated with them.

Edited by B1900

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 2/5/2021 at 6:07 PM, TurboKen said:

LMAO, yep Pilot Emile would love to have this plane in the sim. I'm sure if majestic had something ready she would be more then happy to give it a try.

On the contrary - P3D has perfectly working Q400 and I suggested several times to her to give it a try. Her views would tank as all the gamers are only interested in MSFS.

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 2/5/2021 at 7:05 AM, crosswind said:

Not sure how accurate of a statement that is.  Like many other development teams, we patiently await Asobo to make an SDK that will allow us to begin looking into what is necessary to bring the Q400 to the said platform

And we users impatiently wait.

Harry Woodrow

Gee whiz if PMDG can do it and they clearly are...

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 2/6/2021 at 1:43 AM, desbean said:

On 2/6/2021 at 7:06 AM, Armchair Pilot said:

things are looking up for the studio if someone is willing to invest in these trying times into a smaller brand studio.

That really depends on what the culture is of Sagard, the P.E. firm that invested.
At $8bn assets under management across various asset classes, Sagard isn't a big player in alternative investments. Probably invests in a syndicate with other or larger P.E. firms.
Ultimately, it's about a P.E. firm getting their 20% share from the investment fund that's taken a stake in Asobo. Nearly all funds highly leverage the 'portfolio company' (i.e. Asobo in this instance) with debt, cut costs wherever possible, with a view to exit the investment within 2-8 years.

Some of the P.E. firm clients I worked for had a positive attitude, increasing the profitability (and thus value of the portfolio cos.), leading to great returns for investors and putting them on a better trajectory than had been the case when they were bought.  However, too many P.E. firms buy a company only to cut costs too far and too quick, killing the company while it was still an investment, or asset strip it, or leave it with considerable debt to service, causing the company to limp on under new management, but in a worse position than if the P.E. fund had not been involved.

If anyone cares, you can see who Sagard invested in previously (I don't recognise any of the companies listed) and see if those companies have done well after Sagard sold them.
https://www.sagard.com/portfolio-partners/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

So is this thing happening for fs2020 or not? These guys are worse than dodosim with their comms and delivery times. 

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

1 hour ago, J0nx said:

So is this thing happening for fs2020 or not? These guys are worse than dodosim with their comms and delivery times. 

Majestic will not be releasing a product for MSFS 2020 before 2026 if they even ever do.  They have not even begun and wont until the SDK is at a level that they want it to be.  Personally I don't think it will ever be at the level they want as this is essentially structured as a gaming platform for Xbox.  Majestic sells to commercial users and training departments and they do not use Xbox.  I suspect we will have an 400 in the next few years, but not by this group.  These are my thoughts to date.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Maybe some other developer will come out with a Dash-8 in the meantime?

I bet PMDG Could get it done now that they've already laid the groundwork for the 737...!

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, J0nx said:

It was one of 4 planes I used regularly in P3D for many years, bought first the Student Version then evenually the Pilot version.  This being said, I always felt it was a bit overrated, and that a lot of that overrating had more to do with the fact it performed exceedingly well in P3D in terms of processing demand, versus being a spectacularly better plane and flight model.  In fact I recall some weird issues w/ its flight modeling, particularly w/ turbulance modeling.  Plus, one of the chief participants at that forum, "Snave", a portmanteau apparently from, Snotty Nave, made visiting there on a par with Avsim's 'XP Forum', a veritable toxic hotbed of rabid dogs.  At least the whole forum at Majestic was not tainted by Snave.  I hope they decide to develop for MSFS, but don't really care much anymore.

Noel

19 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

I bet PMDG Could get it done now that they've already laid the groundwork for the 737...!

🤦‍♂️ The admiration for PMDG here really is something else.

When should we expect them to produce a Q400 from scratch, when the 737 Max, 747, 777, and possibly 757 are all in the pipeline?

26 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Majestic will not be releasing a product for MSFS 2020 before 2026 if they even ever do. [...] I suspect we will have an 400 in the next few years, but not by this group.

I strongly suspect you're right. IIRC, Majestic no longer has the key developer they need in their team to create anything fundamentally new. Tinkering round the edges with relatively minor updates for the P3D product seems to be all they can manage.

Some other group will deliver a Q400 for MSFS, IMO.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

32 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

this is essentially structured as a gaming platform for Xbox.

Where's your proof for that statement?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.