Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Honeycomb bravo throttle, wow!

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

There are heaps around BUT they are generally meant for sim pits and priced accordingly:

Four common ones:

Thanks for the links. I had seen a couple of them and the prices as you say,  are pretty steep. I don't have a 3d printer, but it looks like it would be cheaper to buy one than buy a throttle. Do you know what kind of resistance a 3d-printed one is likely to have?

5 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I went with this one:

https://www.simmax.it/negozio/prodotti-for-home-cockpit/hardware-switch-panel-cessna-c172/single-throttle-engine-ver-2-2-plug-play/?currency=USD

I'll eventually upgrade to the redbird, but to do that I'll need a new desk.

I have the Alpha yoke and I love it! I'm also considering the Bravo throttle, but it's too big for my current sim set-up.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Spit40 said:

Talking of yokes earlier on this gets my vote. Lovely piece of engineering and crazy good price for it

https://fulcrumsim.com/product/fulcrum-one-yoke/

I have one of those on pre-order looking forward to getting it.

I will still use my FFB2 for bush planes and stuff though 😄

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I went with this one:

https://www.simmax.it/negozio/prodotti-for-home-cockpit/hardware-switch-panel-cessna-c172/single-throttle-engine-ver-2-2-plug-play/?currency=USD

I'll eventually upgrade to the redbird, but to do that I'll need a new desk.

I have the Alpha yoke and I love it! I'm also considering the Bravo throttle, but it's too big for my current sim set-up.

That one is a good price and that rear analog input could be handy you never know.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

8 hours ago, j3rry said:

How does the Yoko compare to the Honeycomb? I've been looking at the different yoke systems with an eye to buying. I came also came across this one. It has a GA-style throttle, which I like. There don't seem to be many throttles like that, either stand-alone or integrated into a yoke.

Having tried the Yoko at a flight sim show a couple of years ago it was very good in terms of accuracy but had very few buttons and no hat switch. That has now been added in the Yoko+. But it’s a very large case.

I was one of the first to buy the Fulcrum which is an excellent yoke with plenty of buttons, a hat switch and very importantly, a very compact case. No pots either - all Hall-Effect sensors that never wear out. Mostly metal construction and 8” (20cm) of elevator travel. Probably similar to the Yoko. I believe the Honeycomb is around the same as the Saitek at 3.5”.

Price-wise, the Yoko is around 900 GBP whereas I paid 450 GBP for my Fulcrum. The Honeycomb is around 250GBP. If you live in the UK anything priced in Euros will be expensive because of the exchange rate. But the opposite is true for non-UK people buying the Fulcrum. It’s a bargain.

I believe Fulcrum are working on a throttle quadrant but no details available yet.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

59 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Price-wise, the Yoko is around 900 GBP whereas I paid 450 GBP for my Fulcrum. The Honeycomb is around 250GBP. If you live in the UK anything priced in Euros will be expensive because of the exchange rate. But the opposite is true for non-UK people buying the Fulcrum. It’s a bargain.

I believe Fulcrum are working on a throttle quadrant but no details available yet.

They all seem to have their pros and cons. I like the dedicated AP switches and trim wheel on the Honeycomb, but having a throttle that size for small GA seems a bit ludicrous. I think I'll bide my time and see what develops.

I also received one of the first Fulcrum One's. It is in a different league to the Honeycomb in terms of feel. There's a mass to it which feels so much more like the real thing. I tracked the honeycomb news for a couple of years before they finally released it, but when I tried out the Fulcrum One (as well as the honeycomb) at Cosford in 2019 I immediately decided I needed to prolong my wait. For not much more money than the Honeycomb. Slightly fewer features admittedly.

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

7 minutes ago, j3rry said:

They all seem to have their pros and cons. I like the dedicated AP switches and trim wheel on the Honeycomb, but having a throttle that size for small GA seems a bit ludicrous. I think I'll bide my time and see what develops.

The only con for the Fulcrum is the time you'll need to wait given the backlog of orders. I see you live overseas so the price should be very attractive. New yokes don't appear that often. You could have a long wait.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The only con for the Fulcrum is the time you'll need to wait given the backlog of orders. I see you live overseas so the price should be very attractive. New yokes don't appear that often. You could have a long wait.

Yes. It looks very good, and is definitely near the top of my list. I meant I'll see what develops with it, and the Honeycomb. They both seem to be adding extra features, or releasing new products. Perhaps some of the other manufacturers might even feel the need to reduce prices a bit.

10 minutes ago, j3rry said:

Yes. It looks very good, and is definitely near the top of my list. I meant I'll see what develops with it, and the Honeycomb. They both seem to be adding extra features, or releasing new products. Perhaps some of the other manufacturers might even feel the need to reduce prices a bit.

Fulcrum plan to add additional yoke handles which will be easily swappable. Boeing and possibly a Concorde one. I don't see the Fulcrum changing any features as it was thoroughly researched before production started. Fulcrum were at the Cosford show for two years and reacted to feedback. It's as close to perfection as you can get I think.

Can't speak for Honeycomb but I'd be surprised if any significant changes were made.

Those by other manufacturers are niche products and price reductions are unlikely. You're best bet is to watch exchange rates for your currency strengthening against the USD or Euro.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Fulcrum are talking about releasing a throttle quadrant eventually and also a trim wheel.  However given how particular they are about quality and testing I doubt we will see either of those this side of 2022 but when we do  eventually see them they will be exceptional  😄

As for the yoke, I suspect the main "features" added will be a range of different Yoke handles you can collect.

• Basically the target market for Honeycomb is first time users who want something better than the cheap "toy" yokes,  and usually do not own a Hotas or any stuff like Saitek flight panels or any other sim pit addons, for that market the extra controls on the base are a big selling point.
  • the target market for Fulcrum usually already has, or intends to eventually buy,  a lot of flight control and sim pit control gear and for that market extra controls on the base would actually be a disincentive
Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Gang.  It is the best indeed and the following addon makes it even better:  https://www.aeromoto.net/our-story

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Where are you guys buying your Honeycomb Bravo throttle quads?   I can't find them anywhere except Amazon, and I'd rather not pay $450.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

18 hours ago, j3rry said:

Thanks for the links. I had seen a couple of them and the prices as you say,  are pretty steep. I don't have a 3d printer, but it looks like it would be cheaper to buy one than buy a throttle. Do you know what kind of resistance a 3d-printed one is likely to have?

The 3D printer would only produce the mechanical bits you would still need to get a potentiometer or hall sensors and a binary encoder board and do the electronics side of it.  More something you would take on as a fun project rather than just to save money to be honest.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I have one of those on pre-order looking forward to getting it.

Out of interest, when did you pre-order? Chris is understandably wary of being too precise as to when pre-orders will convert into opportunities to pay and receive so it would be interesting to see how we compare in the queue. I placed my pre-order just before. the last week of October 2020.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)