Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Honeycomb bravo throttle, wow!

This is the best peripheral after TM Warthog I have ever invested my money in! I'm very impressed! 

After around 40 minutes setting things up I have created several profiles for single, twins and jets. Right after I fired up MSFS and jumped in PA44! And boy it felt great to touch all controls in front of the computer!

Trim wheel size reminds me  one I had in M20J but works much better than IRL.LOL All handles feels right at "home" ! Finally I can sync props with two dedicated prop axises without mouse - WOW a simmer paradise! LOL

It's nice to have gear handle as well. Although most retracts I flown IRL you have to pull gear handle out first and then move up or down. Honeycomb doesn't have it, but still it's great to touch a little wheel! Just need to watch not accidentally drop them or vise versa (squat switch everyone?) LOL

Autopilot integration is great as well. Have knob for VSI is my dream come true! 

Prior purchase I have read reviews and watched video, but have never thought to exceed my expectations. Highly recommend for simmer!

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 10

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

23 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Bravo, not Alpha. The Yoke is Alpha. 😉

Thank you! Corrected!

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

This is the best peripheral after TM Warthog I have ever invested my money in! I'm very impressed! 

What did you have prior to this?

I have the Saitek/Cessna yoke that runs 180degrees and a replica of the 737 throttle from Flight Deck Solutions. Could this be better than those? Just wondering....about the reference point here.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1 minute ago, Manny said:

What did you have prior to this?

I have the Saitek/Cessna yoke that runs 180degrees and a replica of the 737 throttle from Flight Deck Solutions. Could this be better than those? Just wondering....about the reference point here.

My main working horse is TM Warthog w throttle. Which is great but kind of limited as far as GA flying. I also have Honeycomb yoke, Yoko Plus

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

My main working horse is TM Warthog w throttle. Which is great but kind of limited as far as GA flying. I also have Honeycomb yoke, Yoko Plus

You had Yoko Plus and still got Honeycomb Yoke? WOW! I always thought Yoke Plus was the best. How does these two compare?

Edited by Manny

Manny

Just now, Manny said:

You had Yoko Plus and still got Honeycomb Yoke? WOW! I always thought Yoke Plus was the best. How does these two compare?

No it was in reverse I first bought Honeycomb yoke but it didn't feel great. Then after I got Yoko Plus. I meant to sell Honeycomb yoke but somehow it slipped away LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

No it was in reverse I first bought Honeycomb yoke but it didn't feel great. Then after I got Yoko Plus. I meant to sell Honeycomb yoke but somehow it slipped away LOL

Ah that makes sense. You shocked me there for a  minute. LOL 🙂

Manny

I'm glad to hear that you are so pleased with this throttle.  I'm still waiting for mine and the wait is going to seem longer now that I have read your post.  😂

Bill

• Like 2

Bill  N7IBG     

Ive had mine nearly a month now and it is absolutley fantastic, loving it, going to get the Honeycomb yoke next!

• Like 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

Great, another person who has something I desperately want!  

Hehehe....  Congratulations.  I'm am hoping sometime in 2021 I can order myself up a nice shiny Bravo.  My dual Saiteks are hanging in there but that Bravo!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tull said:

Ive had mine nearly a month now and it is absolutley fantastic, loving it, going to get the Honeycomb yoke next!

Five weeks here and wow but does it have a great feel...  and function....

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ahhh!  I'm so jelly!  I've heard such good things about this unit (although there appears to be some annoying 10 degree HDG bug with their yoke).  I do not have space on my desk for these things.  I did acquire a free CH FlightSim Yoke recently....took it all apart, and tried greasing and cleaning the working parts - many of which were (and still are) sticky... like the middle position of the yoke is variable.  I think I've seen mods to replace the springs with rubber bands too.  I totally admit, it was enjoyable flying with a yoke - much like when I'm flying the real one.  Problem is throttle... I also don't have a separate quadrant (like your Honeycomb Bravo), so having just a yoke is kinda weird.

For the types of planes I fly...GA...my setup is "sacrilege."  I use a CH throttle that I got a long long time ago.  @psolk had something to do with it!!  I have a original MS FFB joystick (v2) and Saitek combat pedals.  The pedals are important imo!

Still thanks for your writeup... maybe someday I'll have the space!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ahhh!  I'm so jelly!  I've heard such good things about this unit (although there appears to be some annoying 10 degree HDG bug with their yoke).  I do not have space on my desk for these things.  I did acquire a free CH FlightSim Yoke recently....took it all apart, and tried greasing and cleaning the working parts - many of which were (and still are) sticky... like the middle position of the yoke is variable.  I think I've seen mods to replace the springs with rubber bands too.  I totally admit, it was enjoyable flying with a yoke - much like when I'm flying the real one.  Problem is throttle... I also don't have a separate quadrant (like your Honeycomb Bravo), so having just a yoke is kinda weird.

For the types of planes I fly...GA...my setup is "sacrilege."  I use a CH throttle that I got a long long time ago.  @psolk had something to do with it!!  I have a original MS FFB joystick (v2) and Saitek combat pedals.  The pedals are important imo!

Still thanks for your writeup... maybe someday I'll have the space!

I have Throttle hooked up to the right of my desk and TM Warthog Stick to the left. In the middle is keyboard and mouse. Holding right handed grip with left hand a little awkward but doable. So I have total hybrid setup TM stick, Honeycomb throttle and CH pedals ! LOL

By the way 10 degree bug is nothing really. But having knob for VSI is a big deal for me. It was the most awkward thing to do with mouse inside VC

• Like 1

I just bought the yoke and absolutely love it coming from a Siatek X45. Will for sure get the throttle to match once the back log and price gouging subsides on these things