Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

UK & Ireland World Update (1.13.16.0) is now live!

7 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

So having now downloaded it.. it's awesome! Pleasantly surprised by the performance and my PC is to be considered mid-range these days.

If you treat this as a flight simulator and fly at realistic altitudes then the scenery looks absolutely amazing. I took off from my home airport of Biggin Hill and flew north and then along the Thames at 2000-2500ft and was too in awe of how beautiful it looks to notice any mushy looking buildings.

I did the exact flight yesterday. Unlike you, I have zero familiarity with the area, and it was glorious. 👍

• Like 3

12 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

They upset half of Manchester I'm not a big football fan but the Reds will be upset stadium missing  and the blues are not that good. must be me but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. 

12 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Is Old Trafford seriously missing while The Etihad is there? That's a really rather astonishing omission, regardless of footballing affections.

Update: It seems I forgot to install the UK update from the actual marketplace section. Old trafford is there but the City ground isn't, just sat image by the looks of it.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

33 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

I did the exact flight yesterday. Unlike you, I have zero familiarity with the area, and it was glorious. 👍

I live pretty much under the ILS for 21 at Biggin Hill. I was able to fly over my apartment, parents house and my old school before heading to central London! Love it! 🙂

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

46 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Update: It seems I forgot to install the UK update from the actual marketplace section. Old trafford is there but the City ground isn't, just sat image by the looks of it.

Manchester looks horrendous tbh given it’s the second city in the U.K. it’s a shame how it’s not remotely close to the real thing.

luckily we have Macco sim EGCC it’s one saving grace.

Edited by Carts85

@Paul_ I flew around it 12 hours ago, it's very much there. There is a fault on your settings or installation. Did you install the UK update from the in-game marketplace and have you tried deleting the rolling cache?

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

It's a brand new installation of MS2020  ..... I have also noticed that the cable car next to the O2 arena isn't there and the London Eye is missing too ... very odd

Edited by Paul_
Spelling mistake

If it's a brand new installation, they are missing because you haven't "install the UK update from the in-game marketplace"; the UK items you mention are not part of the base installation.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Hi Ckyliu

Excellent  .. thank you very much for the info .. indeed I had not downloaded it from marketplace 

Thanking you once again 

Paul 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

Hi Everyone

Has anyone noticed that Blackpool Tower is missing?

Paul 

When I flew around it, the thing was swarming with aircraft doing the same thing. 

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

0zXoxN.jpg

Here it is. The level of detail is a bit nuts for something you'll mostly see from a half mile away at 100+ kts. Oh and it illuminates at night, including the heart shape.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2

support1.jpg

If it doesn’t have a donut machine outside selling 5 donuts for a £1 then am not impressed tbh.

• Like 1