Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

FlyByWire A320Neo - Two Questions

I usually don't fly airliners, but this just looks to good to pass on. 

Two quick questions: Does the FlyByWire mod allow loading of MSFS-generated flight plans? 2. Is there a written tutorial somewhere?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Does the FlyByWire mod allow loading of MSFS-generated flight plans?

Yes.

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

Is there a written tutorial somewhere?

Not that I am aware of, but there are lots of tutorial videos on Youtube. Especially from A320SimPilot.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Yeah, I've seen a few videos. Would like - like in the good old days - something to print out and have next to my keyboard. 

Just now, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah, I've seen a few videos. Would like - like in the good old days - something to print out and have next to my keyboard. 

I'm not saying there isn't. I just didn't search for it and I am not aware of it either. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was. 🙂

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Is the MSFS 2020 checklist, which seems quite extensive, usable with the FlyByWire version (except for the programming of the FMC)?

Also, how do I load an MSFS generated flightplan into the MCDU?

Thanks.

Edited by Ricardo41

Look into using SIMBRIEF. You can create flight, download plans and use them in the A320 fbw. Very good utility. free also. good luck

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Look into using SIMBRIEF. You can create flight, download plans and use them in the A320 fbw. Very good utility. free also. good luck

sorry double post

Edited by ant02151973

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I don't particularly care for Simbrief, as I find the interface clunky and unintuitive. I either use the Navigraph export to MSFS option, or create the flightplan in MSFS.

Anyways, I figured it out. The MCDU loads the MSFS generated flight plan with no problems. 

Also: the new textures look fantastic. Performance is smooth all around. Great job!

One thing I couldn't figure out how to clear the "company message" annucniation on the upper middle display.

Aircraft feels "heavy" and handles well. Rotation is smooth at Vr. Take off trim seems to be set automatically, as the plane was perfectly trimmed after letting go of the yoke. Didn't hear any callouts during the take off roll, though. 

I think I just upgraded my business jet fleet. I found a business jet livery (sort of).

ifbW6EK.jpg

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

One thing I couldn't figure out how to clear the "company message" annucniation on the upper middle display.

"Company msg" means you've received a text METAR or ATIS report. Look for the ATSU /  AOC menus on the MCDU. There is also plane-to-plane messaging functionality for all FBW users if you know their flight number, but that's disabled by default. 

BTW, I love that livery with the racoon look on the cockpit windows. 

Edited by mattn
  • Upvote 1

You really want to learn how to use simbrief.  There's a Neo profile on FBWs Discord server you can use also.  Simbrief is actually mostly automatic, so not sure why you wouldn't like that.  Once you generate the OFP you can import in to the aircraft and Navigraph as well as Volanta or any other tracker.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

22 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

You really want to learn how to use simbrief.  There's a Neo profile on FBWs Discord server you can use also.  Simbrief is actually mostly automatic, so not sure why you wouldn't like that.  Once you generate the OFP you can import in to the aircraft and Navigraph as well as Volanta or any other tracker.

The only problem is that it does not integrate with ATC.  You can load in to world map and add SIDS/STARS but they won't track in flight.  If you import to MCDU,  the SIDS and STARS are missing.  Each time I try to figure out how to manually add I can't...lol.  I have asked simbrief but they never respond.

Edited by knich

1 minute ago, knich said:

The only problem is that it does not integrate with ATC.  And the SIDS and STARS are missing.  Each time I try to figure that out I can't...lol.  I have asked simbrief but they never respond.

Yeah, never really messed with the sim's ATC.  No reason to.  If you're talking about the SID/STAR in Simbrief, yes, it's puts them in there.  You just can't change them manually if you want to.  It actually does a pretty good job of parsing them out.  You can still change them in the aircraft if you decide to fly another SID/STAR.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply