Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

xbox live down right now?

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Something I was concerned about with this whole bright idea of using the cloud.  First it's too much control over our hobby, second this flies in the face of global servers which supposedly makes something like this impossible.

A good question for all of us. Why invest in this platform if something as simple as being able to access the bloody thing is so precarious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

Telling me I can't sign in either...Bummer...

This is on the MSFS forum. 

“We are aware that users may not be able to sign-in to Xbox Live at this time. Our teams are currently investigating to fix this issue. We will update here @Xboxsupport and on http://xbox.com/status when we have more information to share!” - XBox Support

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, on the plus side, looks like they are releasing a hot fix for the flaps issue next week.  The Sim update has been pushed back a week.

They have a link to a page where you can report an X Box outage, but that is broken too.  LOL....

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

By the way, didn't we just go through something like this a little over a week ago. Looks like they need to get some new servers that don't CTD....

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

17 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It happened first time happens of yea of flying for me since I was involved in alpha/beta. With XP11 I got CTD almost daily. No thanks I'd rather take my chances with Xbox downtime once a year LOL

Fair enough, but at least I don't have to worry about getting into the sim because xbox live is down.  I'm beginning to wonder if this sim will ever be stable.  Its losing more and more of its novelty every day because the latest patch has broke more than it fixed or the game servers are broke...too many moving parts.  They'll get tired of maintaining these parts at some point and drop it like a hot tater.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

18 minutes ago, slashed2 said:

Well, on the plus side, looks like they are releasing a hot fix for the flaps issue next week.  The Sim update has been pushed back a week.

Well, I saw at least one of those things coming. 

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

4 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Fair enough, but at least I don't have to worry about getting into the sim because xbox live is down.  I'm beginning to wonder if this sim will ever be stable.  Its losing more and more of its novelty every day because the latest patch has broke more than it fixed or the game servers are broke...too many moving parts.  They'll get tired of maintaining these parts at some point and drop it like a hot tater.

I am wondering the same thing myself. Last time the server went down, it took many hours for it to be fixed. I guess some worker has the sever in his garage or something, and he is out at the local pub having a few. 

It looks like they have no backup plan at all when one of these servers craps out. What a way to run a computer company. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Just fyi I was flying sim when xbox was down for a while. However, was stupid enough to log off because marketplace was disabled. And after that I can't login. If I continue playing it would not effected me! LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Just fyi I was flying sim when xbox was down for a while. However, was stupid enough to log off because marketplace was disabled. And after that I can't login. If I continue playing it would not effected me! LOL

Same thing happened around 10 days ago, people were flying when the MS server crashed, and they were ok until they ended the flight. Then they couldn't sign on again. That lasted all night. Looks like this is going to be the same thing. Guess we have to wait until the morning shift shows  up. 

I've been driving myself nuts with this thinking it was on my end.  Logging in logging out, restarted about a hundred times then saw that there was an outage in the support area in my account at xbox.  Then I came here to let everyone else know but silly me, you guys are all over it. lol.

LouP

1 minute ago, LouP said:

I've been driving myself nuts with this thinking it was on my end.  Logging in logging out, restarted about a hundred times then saw that there was an outage in the support area in my account at xbox.  Then I came here to let everyone else know but silly me, you guys are all over it. lol.

LouP

Waiting for someone to post that they reinstalled windows... LOL

It just came back in Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Waiting for someone to post that they reinstalled windows... LOL

I did come across that suggestion out there!

LouP

• Like 1

Well my Xbox companion seems to have logged in fine now in Boston, going to the sim now.  If you don't hear back from me all is fine 😉

LouP