Sign in to follow this  
dyl55

Can't start MFS anymore

Hi all,

This morning i tried to launch MFS without success, 

I  didn't change anything, everything is up to date in windows and in microsoft store 

Any idea please ? 😞

here's the first image, i usually get this when there is update, it send me to store to make the first update then launch the sim but this time i had the second message right after clicking yes 

mini_210305012040622208.jpg

mini_210305012040994077.jpg

thank you in advance 

Looks like a MS Store issue ?

Try logging out of all the MS Apps - Store/Xbox Companion/Xbox game bar and then log back into ms store and start game from there

If that fails try going to setup -> apps and see if you can repair the game file

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

11 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Looks like a MS Store issue ?

Try logging out of all the MS Apps - Store/Xbox Companion/Xbox game bar and then log back into ms store and start game from there

If that fails try going to setup -> apps and see if you can repair the game file

Already did 😞

I had a similar problem with the last update when my app store just wouldnt open and completely dead. msfs would not start and was telling me I had to reinstall. What I did was download the windows 10 iso from MS's website and ran the setup, which did an in place update. All it did was replace all the bad or corrupt files and reinstalled my market. Never lost any of my files and I didnt have to reinstall the sim. 

I am having a similar problem. Earlier today, after I had shut down and restarted my computer, I clicked on the MSFS icon to start the simulator. I got an error message that the app was disconnected from the storage device. I searched and saw that this was a problem that had first appeared late last year, and that there were many forum topics related to it. None worked for me, so I decided that the worst case was to go to the store and  reinstall the game. This happened very quickly (I guess because the files/data were already on my computer). But the exe icon on my toolbar had disappeared. I have not been  able to find the game anywhere on my computer. I tried to redownload/install from the store again several times (trying first install to the C drive (ssd) and then to the D drive.) Every time I get a simple "error" msg on the store site. So here I sit with the Premium version and I cannot even locate it. Can anyone help?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I am in a similar situation. After reloading MSFS and trying to start it I get my Xbox user image displayed and somehow it tries to run the Xbox version on my PC.  The problem is obviously store centered but what to do about it I haven't a clue.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

+1, only way to start was to launch from Xbox app

I just tried to uninstall and reinstall it via microsoft store but same problem, 

I am desesperate as I dont want to make a clean windows Install again 😞

1 hour ago, kand said:

+1, only way to start was to launch from Xbox app

What does that mean? Do you have to repurchase MSFS through Xbox?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAM, Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

No- I purchased through the windows store so 2020 shows up in the xbox app

what fixed it perm was to uninstall the "client" and reinstall it- you then just point the launcher to the original content folder (120gb or so) when it asks you where to install

Edited by kand

I am finding this impossible to make work. I have downloaded and installed the Xbox client. I clicked to run it, found MSFC, clicked on the icon, but it doesn't run the simulator. I found something calleld "XBox for PC and thought maybe I downloaded the wrong client, so downloaded it as well. Tried to select MSFC, but it doesn't play it. So I am still stuck with not being able to play MSFC even though I purchased the Premium addition, downloaded the XBox client.

Also, paying it seems $1. Not much I agree by have already paid for the DVD premium version and purchased several addons. Will these be included with the XBox, assuming I actually ever get it to run?

43 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

I am finding this impossible to make work. I have downloaded and installed the Xbox client. I clicked to run it, found MSFC, clicked on the icon, but it doesn't run the simulator. I found something calleld "XBox for PC and thought maybe I downloaded the wrong client, so downloaded it as well. Tried to select MSFC, but it doesn't play it. So I am still stuck with not being able to play MSFC even though I purchased the Premium addition, downloaded the XBox client.

Also, paying it seems $1. Not much I agree by have already paid for the DVD premium version and purchased several addons. Will these be included with the XBox, assuming I actually ever get it to run?

you could try installing it on a different pc just to see if it the win10 install on your PC that is messed up or something is wrong with your MS account.

tried that too, still stuck, reboot, reinstall, i dont know what to do next

36 minutes ago, dyl55 said:

tried that too, still stuck, reboot, reinstall, i dont know what to do next

Failed install on two separate PCs sounds like an MS account issue. have you talked to MS Support ?