Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Another 2 hours lost - Again - I give up

1 hour ago, Elvensmith said:

The Save function is your friend. I would not even contemplate flying more than 30 minutes before saving my progress.

Yes. I use FSUIPC to autosave every four minutes in FSX, but have not needed to fall back on it since installing SE when setting up this system.  I believe that feature is not implemented for FSUIPC for MSFS.  Is that still the case?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

18 hours ago, fppilot said:

Yes. I use FSUIPC to autosave every four minutes in FSX, but have not needed to fall back on it since installing SE when setting up this system.  I believe that feature is not implemented for FSUIPC for MSFS.  Is that still the case?

Not sure as I haven't got FSUIPC for MSFS installed. However it's easy enough using the default mechanism - Esc, Spacebar then save the file.

The op just so happen to have the gns mods but they weren't in play. I was in the beta and I e never had a frozen GPS unless I was using a mod, ie wt or tbm etc

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 12:42 PM, fppilot said:

Flight today in the classic 172 with the pair of GNS, using today's release of PMS50-GNS530 1.0.28

I just had a CTD about 30 min in, the first in quite a while, using the 172 + latest PMS50-GNS530 with no addons or other mods installed.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I just had a CTD about 30 min in, the first in quite a while, using the 172 + latest PMS50-GNS530 with no addons or other mods installed.

I installed the CTD vaccine almost a week ago. No more CTDs. none!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can try that but my own experience was that the sim froze, not a CTD.  And it was the sim that froze.  I checked and my system was working OK.  Example, I was able to open Excel and update my log, and I was able to open my browser and post here on Avsim.  Went back to the frozen sim several times and it never came free.  It literally just became a screenshot.  I may try the CTD Vaccine to see if it helps anything.  My ongoing experience is that it is just the G1000 or GNS 530 that freezes up and I have to use standby instruments to navigate.

I am using the Navigraph Beta when this happens, but if I do not use it I loose too many approaches into the regional GA airports I fly to mostly.  In the MSFS default navdata some only have perhaps 1 or 2 approaches out of perhaps 6 to 10 in Navigraph beta.  And even Navigraph beta lacks a lot of the transitions to IAFs.  I believe it was KBUF Buffalo where there are perhaps 3 or 4 funnel points to the IAF of the westbound runway, and Navigraph beta only provides one of those, and it requires a wide swing to the north to pick up.  

I am spoiled by Reality XP and the Garmin Trainers and the complete navdata they provided in my other sim, which I keep reverting to for any flights of serious length or into IFR conditions.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It’s not the sim it’s the mods...

Let’s see update rendered mod inop, partial fix is put out, it causes freezes, but it’s the sim that the op can’t put up with...

Meanwhile, here: no mods, no overclocking, being patient with updates as they come and not a single CTD, stutter, etc. since launch... so?

On 3/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, Chock said:

So in other words: 'I'm using a mod in the sim, but still complaining that it crashes.'

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but that's not the sim being unreliable, that's you effing about with it. There's no mystery here.

except for those us with no mods...and still get freezes and crashes.   yes I have no mods and I have experienced freezing and ctd before after hour of flight.  I do believe it's the sim not to say mods won't affect it too..

Edited by Isaiah53six
  • Like 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

On 3/11/2021 at 6:42 AM, FPStewy said:

Are you using this with WiFi ?

My gaming PC connects fine in MSFS with WIFI and my WIFI throughput tests at 870Mb with minimal latency. (my internet is only 250Mb so 870Mb gives a fair bit of headroom) . 

It is a dual band MU-MIMO router with a whole batch (5 I think?) beam forming antenna which I can set to prioritise gaming traffic, but that is all pretty standard on a gaming router these days.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

R you using the PMS50-GNS530 ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 3/10/2021 at 11:34 AM, Chock said:

So in other words: 'I'm using a mod in the sim, but still complaining that it crashes.'

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but that's not the sim being unreliable, that's you effing about with it. There's no mystery here.

There are tons of people over on the official MSFS forums and here having freezes, CTDs, and poor performance with no mods installed.

Not that it will keep you from picking on people who are having issues.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

R you using the PMS50-GNS530 ?

No

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

56 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

There are tons of people over on the official MSFS forums and here having freezes, CTDs, and poor performance with no mods installed.

Not that it will keep you from picking on people who are having issues.

I'm not picking on anyone who has an issue, I'm having a pop at someone being a drama queen. If you really 'give up', then you give up, you don't write a post about giving up. And more to the point, the fact is, it is the installed mod in this case which is causing the problem, so the solution is bloody obvious.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 3/10/2021 at 9:43 PM, Elvensmith said:

The Save function is your friend. I would not even contemplate flying more than 30 minutes before saving my progress.

That's where we differ. I never use the Save function. That's an immersion killer right there. Saving the flight and then if you get a CTD just load the save. For me personally, I wouldn't bother continuing on with a flight once the flight continuity has broken, the damage has been done already to spoil the flight.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I'm not picking on anyone who has an issue, I'm having a pop at someone being a drama queen. If you really 'give up', then you give up, you don't write a post about giving up. And more to the point, the fact is, it is the installed mod in this case which is causing the problem, so the solution is bloody obvious.

Actually, it's been a while since we've had one of those; "That's it! I'm off! back to (insert sim here)" Threads isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1