Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

FSDT Spring Sale, all products 35% off

Fsdreamteam is having a Spring sale, with all our products discounted 35%. To get the discount, you must add this code on the "Redeem Code" input file in the shopping page:

SPRING2021

The Sale lasts from today, March 11th 2021, to March 21th 2021 and it's also available on Simmarket.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

I just saw the sale at Simmarket. Came here to share. Thanks for the sale.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Have all the P3Dv5 ones I want not interested in MSFS addon airports.

• Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

And...what about their older (?) Hawaiian airport collections #1 and #2 for FSX/FS9.  Would like to hear about frame rates and how they fit in with Orbx global.

Excellent, time to round out my MSFS collection!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Achievement Unlocked: Every FSDT MSFS airport owned. Thank you for the sale!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

They have improved a lot with their installers, it is not a nightmare anymore. Demanding but quite logical.

3 hours ago, Nurmblitz said:

They have improved a lot with their installers, it is not a nightmare anymore. Demanding but quite logical.

Hi Nurmblitz, I bought their Vancouver (CYVR) for FSX/P3D many years ago and remember it was a nightmare of installer issues, DRM, and other glitches, which ended in me having to re-install FSX. Does your comment relate to FSX/P3D or MSFS as well?

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

1 hour ago, rooitou said:

Hi Nurmblitz, I bought their Vancouver (CYVR) for FSX/P3D many years ago and remember it was a nightmare of installer issues, DRM, and other glitches, which ended in me having to re-install FSX. Does your comment relate to FSX/P3D or MSFS as well?

Their CYVR for MSFS is great and maybe not updated to the latest charts and airport situation as far as i know. I have most of their airport for P3D and GSX and all published airports for MSFS. I was a lucky one, never had big issues using their software, that's why i recommend it 

Edited by Johnny19
  • Like 1

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

54 minutes ago, rooitou said:

Hi Nurmblitz, I bought their Vancouver (CYVR) for FSX/P3D many years ago and remember it was a nightmare of installer issues, DRM

I'm sure what you assumed was caused by "DRM", was in fact caused by the way CYVR for FSX/P3D ( V2/V3 ) was made, and in that particular moment it came, which was way before P3D was 64 bit, so both FSX and P3D became almost impossible to use, due to 32 bit limitation and, in addition to that, CYVR has the misfortune to be located in an area with at least two other very popular add-ons, OrbX PNW and the free Vancouver plus city scenery.

It was the dark age of flight simming, and a scenery that big, in that area, using a memory hungry airplane, with full AI, was almost impossible to fit in memory with the level of quality we wanted, without going through extremely complex software hoops to make it fit anyway. Multiple seasons, for example, were made by calling separate objects programmatically, instead of doing a standard multi-season terrain, to save texture memory ( in DX9, the more VRAM you used, the less RAM you had ) and prevent the sim from crashing with OOM.

And, P3D was at version 2, before LM added support for dynamic casted shadows on every 3d object ( it came with V3 ), but we wanted to do something never seen before, and added an extremely complex custom handling of dynamic shadows, with multiple texture set with different pre-baked shadows for different times of the day, and the software calculating and creating the proper one, depending on the time of the day, using a proper astronomical calculation to figure it out the altitude and azimuth of the sun, instead of relying on the default time of the day, which was bugged, especially in that location.

All of this was made, of course, with our Couatl scripting engine, the same that runs GSX, and there couldn't be any other way to achieve that result without using such complex software handling that, like any software, can be attacked by antivirus, suffer for missing libraries, outdated FSX Simconnect required to support FSX, which required outdated VC++ libraries to run, etc.

Later on, 64 bit simulators came out, adding many new features that wouldn't require so much software handling, with more powerful SDK that didn't require much hacking ( our 64 bit version of the Addon Manager/Couatl are 100% hack free, meaning they are 100% pure Simconnect/PDK apps that don't do *any* in-memory hack, like the 32 bit versions for FSX/P3D3 did, because of the lesser SDK ), so we simplified lots of the code that was required to save memory or do extra things, making everything generally more reliable, especially in P3D4/5, since we don't use anything legacy coming from FSX there, everything is P3D 64 bit native, with no  older libraries required, so everything runs more simpler.

In MSFS, there's no extra software handling at all, we only have installers that copy files in our own folder and make a symbolic link to the Community folder, and that's it. The only DRM we have there, is the Live Update won't update the scenery without a license.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

You should take some precautions when installing like kill the autoprotect  from virus scanner (I have Norton) and give administrator rights to installer and then it goes smoothly. After that open Addon manager in sim and add the activation code. Sceneries itself rank among the best no doubt and price is reasonable as well.

Thanks Virtuali for that comprehensive explanation of why my FSX version didn't work as expected. I've never tried it in P3Dv4 as I was too scared to ever run that software again. But perhaps now that I have such good background information, I will give it another try and also get the MSFS version if all goes well. I don't typically buy these large airports, prefer smaller airports and light aircraft, but Vancouver is so close to Friday Harbor, where I do a lot of my VFR flights, that a more detailed Vancouver is quite appealing.

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Another reason I support FSDT, buying from them DIRECT... a user makes a short comment about a less than happy prior experience.  Instead of ignoring them, berating them or doing anything less than superbly professional, Umberto takes the time and makes the effort to explain the issue from the developer's perspective, and provide insight.

This then allows the consumer to get a better understanding of the prior situation.  Sometimes the outcome is happy, sometimes not so much- but the consumer is treated with patience and respect. This alone is not exceptional.  What is exceptional is that Umberto does this over and over again, in many different forums. Often enough to earn my respect.

BZ Umberto and FSDT!

C

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The GTX bundle is a pretty good deal with the discount: around $22 USD. 

• Upvote 1