Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Searching the positives from Sim Update 3

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What steps did you take on your end to trouble shoot the issue? 

Everything possible, all the advice from Zendesk.... And from others that have far more computer skills YOU or i will ever have.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 minute ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Maybe because their setup is indeed just fine? The fact that it can't be reproduced for everyone means there might be an issue on your side, I don't see anything wrong about pointing this.

Maybe because the CTD issues went amasingly right after Sim update 3. That is pretty compelling evidence the FAULT is with the software.... as is stating in their update communication (Fixed numerous CTD's)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I am getting there is a reek of " Trying to silence anyone that is having issues with this software" i hope for your sakes you never have an issue.. on that note i am out!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Car147 said:

I am getting there is a reek of " Trying to silence anyone that is having issues with this software" i hope for your sakes you never have an issue.. on that note i am out!

This is not trying to silence people. Issues with software can not be simplified to "it must be the software", especially when many people are not having issues, this is simply not how debugging works. I understand people's frustration, but attacking everyone who tries to help isn't going to help anyone.

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

30 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

This is not trying to silence people. Issues with software can not be simplified to "it must be the software", especially when many people are not having issues, this is simply not how debugging works. I understand people's frustration, but attacking everyone who tries to help isn't going to help anyone.

When people come back with comments like check Event viewer lol, just how concdescending does that sound! Hers' a little insight into what i have done...

1 Checked Event manager after every incident ( sent numerous reports and files to Zendesk)

2 update BIOs (on advice)

3 disable OC

4 Increase virtual Memory.

5 Roll back GPU drivers, made no difference, back to the latest

6 Reduced Graphic seetings as advised

7 Re-installed god knows how many times since launch.. both OS and MSFS2020 ( still the same, only to have no CTD's at all since Sim update3

8 Ensured community folder was empty, at every update and only use the addons required for that flight via addon linker

9 Stress tested for Memory issues

All temp parameters for M/Board and CPU, GPU 40-65 at highest.

10 Oh, and replaced the PSU just in case there was apower issue.

Now tell me i have not tried.............

PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

MSI X 570 Pro M/Board

32 gb DDR4 Memory

Power Colour RX5700XT GPU 8Gb (1080P)

2 x 1tb Nvme m2 drives Gen 4

Now having spent close on to $3k since launch what with buying the PC, MSFS2020, Win 10, and at least $500 on addons, i think it's quite fair to expect it to work!!!

Edited by Car147
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Car147 said:

When people come back with comments like check Event viewer lol, just how concdescending does that sound! Hers' a little insight into what i have done...

1 Checked Event manager after every incident ( sent numerous reports and files to Zendesk)

2 update BIOs (on advice)

3 disable OC

4 Increase virtual Memory.

5 Roll back GPU drivers, made no difference, back to the latest

6 Reduced Graphic seetings as advised

7 Re-installed god knows how many times since launch.. both OS and MSFS2020 ( still the same, only to have no CTD's at all since Sim update3

8 Ensured community folder was empty, at every update and only use the addons required for that flight via addon linker

9 Stress tested for Memory issues

All temp parameters for M/Board and CPU, GPU 40-65 at highest.

10 Oh, and replaced the PSU just in case there was apower issue.

Now tell me i have not tried.............

PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x

MSI X 570 Pro M/Board

32 gb DDR4 Memory

Power Colour RX5700XT GPU 8Gb (1080P)

2 x 1tb Nvme m2 drives Gen 4

No it sounds like you have.  I can't say as I agree with the approaching 3PD for help with the sim, kind of like "Hey mister!"-ing for beer as folks go into the 7-11 HOWEVER I can't say as I agree with escalating it here. 

ANYWAY I had a serious question because I'm curious and have a bit of a support oriented background:  You said you aren't experiencing CTDs now, correct?  What are you experiencing?  Are there any coincidental errors / warning in either the app or sys logs?  Any log data from another source with outlier entries during the issues you are seeing now?

Last, do you still have your old logs or just the event data from when you were experiencing CTDs?  If they differ in either source, reason code or other parameters can you include a couple of them for me?  Oh and if you happen to have a mini dump (any type besides "complete" or "active" as those will be huge) AND don't mind including that even better.  Why? I'm curious really and if I can help anyone by spending some time on it I would get great satisfaction from doing so.  I remember back with FS2000 that thing would crash on me non stop for awhile and I got so sick of the event entries (and that was my primary function at work at the time, finding and fixing the problems no one else in our IT department could.  you can imaging doing it so you can fly a ~$100.00 flight sim would be infuriating) but eventually worked it out and helped a few others at the same time.  I'm thinking that was here but I would have to go look at archives as I ran under a different name then.  Point being if you got the errors and hopefully a memory dump I'll take a look down that rabbet hole and see if Alice is still around.  Hopefully she isn't she was a mean little bit of code, she was.

12 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Correct, not 1 CTD since Sim update 3. last one was on the morning before update, all tasks mentioned above had been carried out by then. Sorry i don't have the old reports as the system has been re-installed since.

What is happening now, and started since WU3 is periods of stuttering, fps droped at that time from the norm 40 50fps (1080p) to 15-20fps after.

We then get to Sim update3 , prior to the update i was still getting a good 30-50fps at above say 5k ove rpopulated area's, dropping to 22-30fps for the likes of approach to LFPG, EGLL, JFk.

But with this update suddenly even cruising in a tubeliner at 39k, the ps would suddenly drop to the mind boggling figure of 3 fps, yes that's right 3fps! GPU goes to idle, CPU goes to idle.... Then after a few mins it clears and resumes only to occur again at some other point. It gets that bad at times the PC virtually locks up.

52 minutes ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

Maybe because their setup is indeed just fine? The fact that it can't be reproduced for everyone means there might be an issue on your side, I don't see anything wrong about pointing this.

I really do not think their system is fine, those that claim it is fine and dandy have probably not noticed that their Lod is 3nm circle around them, because their terrain settings have always been that low, and they probably do not monitor their fps in development mode and check if they suffer from dropping fps and are "Limited By Main Tread". I think everyone is more or less affected by this bug when there is obviously something wrong with the main code, probably a serious memory leak.
  • Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

@Car147  Hang in there mate.  I share your frustration.  Don't let the usual crowd shut you up. 
I wonder about their agenda here, especially as they seem to pop up with great regularity in these types of threads, and generally just resort to calling names and trying to shut people up.
It seems to be the same old people who never have any problems. 

I wouldn't even have answered the 'what have you tried thread'.  It is just trying to look for any chink in the armour to defend the issue and point the finger at the user, when it is now clearly obvious this is a sim issue and it is pointless chasing our tails any more.
My list would have taken an hour to type anyway! :biggrin:  I wait for Asobo to fix it now.  I know they don't always act as quickly as we like, but they will fix it... Eventually! 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I don't like the attitude and the air of self-righteousness and entitlement some people show (claiming that other commenters have an "agenda" is surprisingly disgusting, for example), but still I have to confirm that there really is a problem with diminished LOD of trees and buildings which can look quite ugly compared to before update 3. And the periods of stuttering are very annoying. I have that on every flight with every aircraft in every scenery. Since I did not have those problems before I am quite sure that it's not my system.

Since I never had CTDs I can't say much about that but at least this seems to be a positive of Simupdate 3. 🙂

Edited by crimplene

35 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I don't like the attitude and the air of self-righteousness and entitlement some people show (claiming that other commenters have an "agenda" is surprisingly disgusting, for example), but still I have to confirm that there really is a problem with diminished LOD of trees and buildings which can look quite ugly compared to before update 3. And the periods of stuttering are very annoying. I have that on every flight with every aircraft in every scenery. Since I did not have those problems before I am quite sure that it's not my system.

Since I never had CTDs I can't say much about that but at least this seems to be a positive of Simupdate 3. 🙂

You are right, CTD's do seem to have disappeared with this update.  That is certainly a positive.
I was not directing my comment at you by the way.  You have the problems the same as the rest of us and try to keep a level head.  It is just that there are still some that deny them or point the finger at the end user. 

The 'entitlement' stuff is wearing a little thin. Maybe it is our view of 'entitlement' that is differing.  There are too many people these days that act 'entitled', and think they should have everything handed to them on a plate. It is annoying.

Although, I will say, I have never used the phrase 'I am entitled to' myself.  That would come across as a bit arrogant.  I just expect what I have paid for in at least a minimal working state, or how it was when I bought it.  I don't think that is too much to expect.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The 'entitlement' stuff is wearing a little thin. Maybe it is our view of 'entitlement' that is differing.  There are too many people these days that act 'entitled', and think they should have everything handed to them on a plate. It is annoying.

Generational thing 😄

• Like 1

... the unfortunate bit, like it as not, is that our generation created "the problem".

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:
I really do not think their system is fine, those that claim it is fine and dandy have probably not noticed that their Lod is 3nm circle around them, because their terrain settings have always been that low, and they probably do not monitor their fps in development mode and check if they suffer from dropping fps and are "Limited By Main Tread". I think everyone is more or less affected by this bug when there is obviously something wrong with the main code, probably a serious memory leak.

I have noticed the terrible LOD but this isn't something new - it has been like that since release for me - drawing distance has always been really low, ground textures have always been too low-resolution at higher altitudes and buildings have always popped in. I'm playing at Ultra with all settings with both terrain & objects LOD at 200 and LOD always has been bad.

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.