Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

QW 787 1.4 GARBAGE

Seriously getting sick and tired wasting my money on garbage.

was doing a flight, upon arrival i was setting up the fmc and the cdu froze then the sim crashed p3d v4.5 hf3 

no issues on previous update thou.

thoughts please? thanks

mike

Not a particularly differentiated opinion you are voicing there, and you are giving us nothing usable in terms of actual information to offer help. For reference, here is an example of someone doing a great job of raising an issue. 

Personally all I can tell you is that I have had about four flights with 1.4 and had no issues. 

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

34 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Seriously getting sick and tired wasting my money on garbage.

was doing a flight, upon arrival i was setting up the fmc and the cdu froze then the sim crashed p3d v4.5 hf3 

no issues on previous update thou.

thoughts please? thanks

mike

Thoughts? Upgrade to P3D v5.1

• Upvote 3

Eric 

3 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

Not a particularly differentiated opinion you are voicing there, and you are giving us nothing usable in terms of actual information to offer help. For reference, here is an example of someone doing a great job of raising an issue. 

Personally all I can tell you is that I have had about four flights with 1.4 and had no issues. 

Thanks for the reply. I was doing a test fight from ksfo flightbeam to cyvr fs dreamteam.

now approaching island 5, it froze. 
never had this issue before. 
I did notice with latest windows update I get sound issues dropping with atc.

could this be the issue?

i did in fact uninstall the KB 4130  I believe a couple of weeks ago and was fine.

Thanks 

mike

7 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Thoughts? Upgrade to P3D v5.1

I do have v5.1 but not using it as I am waiting for Truesky to mature.

v4.5 hf3 is flawless for me besides this speed bump.

cheers

mike

I know it's off topic, but the ISLAND5 Star is for arrivals from Victoria. From SFO you should fly the GRIZZ or the PAINE. 😉  As for the 787, I've been meaning to take it up for a test flight after the 1.4 update.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for the reply. I was doing a test fight from ksfo flightbeam to cyvr fs dreamteam.

now approaching island 5, it froze. 
never had this issue before. 
I did notice with latest windows update I get sound issues dropping with atc.

could this be the issue?

i did in fact uninstall the KB 4130  I believe a couple of weeks ago and was fine.

Thanks 

mike

Okay I'm going out on a limb to ask, do you have the demo version of Orbx Pacific North West installed? In Prepar3d V4 I had an issue where I would get a CTD a few miles out from FSDT CYVR, no matter the aircraft. When I disabled the PNW demo, my flights completed fine. When I purchased the full PNW, no problems either. If you have the full Orbx PNW installed, do a file integrity check in Orbx central,  restart your pc and give it another go.

9 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I know it's off topic, but the ISLAND5 Star is for arrivals from Victoria. From SFO you should fly the GRIZZ or the PAINE. 😉  As for the 787, I've been meaning to take it up for a test flight after the 1.4 update.

Interesting LOL, that’s what pfpx set up for me, with the latest airac.

mike

2 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

Okay I'm going out on a limb to ask, do you have the demo version of Orbx Pacific North West installed? In Prepar3d V4 I had an issue where I would get a CTD a few miles out from FSDT CYVR, no matter the aircraft. When I disabled the PNW demo, my flights completed fine. When I purchased the full PNW, no problems either. If you have the full Orbx PNW installed, do a file integrity check in Orbx central,  restart your pc and give it another go.

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. No no PNW installed. 

cheers 

mike

Interesting. I have never tried pfpx, but I know Simbrief generally gives you a good proper route.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Does the issue occur anywhere else? Could be AIRAC related (maybe try an update or different revision if that’s what’s happening). 

15 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

Does the issue occur anywhere else? Could be AIRAC related (maybe try an update or different revision if that’s what’s happening). 

Haven’t tried anywhere else as of yet.

as i only get a small window of opportunity to fly. Which is why I am so mad about.

but I notice the fmc calculations on the legs page went all funky before it froze.

Cheers

mike

It’s not unusual for Navigraph to issue the same AIRAC multiple times because of data issues. If this is indeed AIRAC related then it might go away with the next revisions. Otherwise it might be worth sending your flight plan to Qualitywings so that they can try to replicate your issue. 

• Upvote 1

i haven't had any issues either, i found out one thing, removing msi afterburner that puts info on your screen fixes stability issues in p3d v5.1 completely for me. prior, i couldn't even get it to load, just a suggestion. msi afterburner itself is fine, its the software built into it, that crashed the hell out of p3d and caused all my problems.

I've never once had a ctd with the qw787 in over 50 flights.  Apart from the old trueglass. Dll issue. 

I also don't use the weather radar on it which causes issues. 

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png