Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Green text message bar causes stutters

9 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Good try but I’m not new to P3D, LOL

Neither am I. 

It doesn't effect their vanilla version. 

It was raised when 5.0 was released a good few times as with other issues. 

I keep reminding you again about the gsx bad bgl data CTD.  That took 2 years to fix, not once did they offer to help umberto and us on here as it didn't effect their vanilla version.  Plain and simple. 

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I would again grab it up and make sure this topic gets back on top....(last post is end august 2020)

Just to make sure they see this (again). 

I would not BET on HOPE. 

😉

Marcus

Surely they must have an excel spreadsheet, or similar of the issues, if the way they do quality control is by bumps on forums then I'm not surprised they released a buggy v5. 

14ppkc-6.png

A problem with the 'it doesn't happen with the HTML5 menus' answer is that a) it still happens with the message text window, and b) the HTML5 menus do not respond to keypresses when the menu window itself is undocked and does not have the focus. I had to revert to the Scaleform menus for exactly that reason. Until LM fixes *that* problem I'm not dropping Scaleform. 

Edited by neilhewitt

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Surely they must have an excel spreadsheet, or similar of the issues, if the way they do quality control is by bumps on forums then I'm not surprised they released a buggy v5. 

I do understand what you are saying. But I will be a bit clearer now. Because Users (maybe not you) tend to expect things they have not rights on.

LM does NOT offer any free support for their products (read the EULA point 6). 

BUT they provided a Forum where users can post. They can post issues over there and this COULD be recognized by LM and maybe they will pick it up and fix it. So they do listen and read. But they will NEVER commit and make promises because they are simply not allowed as a military contractor (most likely rules within the contracts between LM and the Governance) 

This sounds harsh, but this is the way it is.

I don´t think a BUG-Free platform ever existed anywhere. Not in flightsim, no MS-OS, no other complex platforms like CRM, supply chain management, etc.

P3D has bugs, indeed. I am not surprised but I NEVER expect a platform to be 100% bug free. It will not happen ever. 😉 

So "Buggy V5", as you wrote....yes. 2 Bugs in there and it is already "Buggy" right? 😉. They surely have lots more bugs as 2. I know!

The VRAM issues where very annoying. I agree on that. But this is not only related to P3D. This is a API related thing combined with Application usage (issues) which connect via that API.

LM has 2 things which I know from which can cause VRAM spikes and DXGI issues: Bathemetry on, Vegetation Shadows casting on.

90% of all users, who have turned those settings off and still get DXGI issues, MUST search in other, not LM P3D related, directions (Trueglass, Addons, OS, Drivers, corrupt installs and TOO HIGH SETTINGS in P3D).

LM will NEVER sign responsible for Addons! And exactly those Addons are making your life harder.

As a user it is hard to find out if your CTD, BUGS are caused by P3D or any other piece of software or hardware.

And here users starting to point in the direction of LM, which is NOT right in most of the cases (I bet in +90% of those cases).

Now coming back to your quote "Buggy V5". Those left percentage BUGS is almost "ignorable". 

And LM is not ignoring per definition. But they will not commit on fixing things as this fix may be not worth it.

Keep in mind we are talking about a professional Simulation platform. LM must also prioritize on things which we do not care about.

If someone bought P3D V5.X they must be aware that with DX12 the users must set up and use the P3D platform different. I saw so many comparisons between V4.X and V5.....they are worthless! You can´t compare those two different applications with completely different graphic engines.  

All other BUGS are rather minor instead of major bugs.

If you let DXGI issues out of this discussion, P3D has a very stable platform with hardly any code creating CTD! And I can tell you they take those DXGI issues very serious!

I am on v5! And all my CTD where NEVER LM issues (only those two I stated above). All other CTD I had where Addons (GSX, Nvidia, OS, Trueglass and Reallight products).

I want not to point this post in YOUR direction only. But you gave me a hint 😉 which I used to make a statement on this.

We, USERS, are spoiled and expect things which se simply have no right on because we admitted to something else.

Just to add something which I think is worth mentioning here:

I have a bit more insights due my additional role over at LM!

I can tell you, LM does do a LOT of hard work to eliminate and avoid issues which often are caused by ADDONS, where 3th party developers are to lazy, to make their products compatible, I mean fully compatible, with the current status of P3D VX.X.

They do this because they recognize the importance of this for you and their product. BUT often caused by Addons which are simply not SDK compliant!

I talked to addons devs, like ORBX and Aerosoft, and have examples, which I will NOT talk about here, where those 3th party do point into LM direction but I have evidence that it is their product which is simply not fully up to date.

Often 3th party does this, because their ROI will be not given updating and updating that much with users expecting getting those updates for FREE. 

Read at PMDG related topics how many users expected the 777 update for free or find it to expensive! They have no clue how many hours it took and what it costs (license fees, development time, testing, etc.). But they simply say it´s too expensive!

Now think about this.....and maybe you will simply enjoy what you have.

Last but not least: MSFS and 3th party devs for MSFS will get this situation too! And even worse.....wait what happens when the 3th party addon "free market place/free addon gateway" will be delivered. 

My 2 cents!

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

One bug I’ve been able to reproduce in 5.1 is changing vehicle within the sim. Even changing from an avatar to the Maul triggered the DXGI crash.

Outside the sim at the Scenario window it’s fine. Reported to LM but it’s frustrating they don’t appear to acknowledge these reports. Can others confirm this bug happens to them?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

One bug I’ve been able to reproduce in 5.1 is changing vehicle within the sim. Even changing from an avatar to the Maul triggered the DXGI crash.

Outside the sim at the Scenario window it’s fine. Reported to LM but it’s frustrating they don’t appear to acknowledge these reports. Can others confirm this bug happens to them?

I had this from time to time, very rare.

Are you able to reproduce this all the time Ray?

I will test this. But I am not a "average" user with my 3090 card. 

So your feedback is much appreciated. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Same for me Marcus, in scenario screen no probs, once in a scenario, DXGI errors.  Workaround is simply restart P3D so it's not a showstopper, but it is marginally annoying!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

31 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

If you let DXGI issues out of this discussion, P3D has a very stable platform with hardly any code creating CTD! And I can tell you they take those DXGI issues very serious!

I used to get a lot of DXGI errors, but taking bathymetry and veg shadows out, and updating to the latest TG and RL, solved most of them for me.  I can sometimes still exceed my 2080ti vRAM and get them very occasionally, but the single reproducible event is changing vehicles within a scenario.

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Hi Marcus, I'm pretty sure it's easily reproducible. I'll report back later. I got it when switching 3rd party aircraft in v4.5 but that was known about and understandable given their complexity. But default vehicles have a minimal impact.

It's not something I do regularly as I use SimStarterNG and have a separate profile for each 3rd party aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

18 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I think this covers it. There are a few others. 

OK. I parsed this one with some further information to the devs.

We have to be careful not to mix things up:

-Stutter, when calling panels like ATC windows

-Flash, when rendering panels in 2D via HTML

I have parsed both issues as separate issues.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Maybe I should have titled this topic “Does P3D have bugs?” Hahahah

My original question was answered which was to see if this was a P3D problem or my problem. Now that I know it’s not my system I don’t have to waste further time trying to figure it out.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Sorry for deviating from the topic title. I'll post this and then stop.

I set the startup aircraft as the Bravo and once the sim loaded selected the Piper Cub from the Vehicle menu. Crash. Never had it work in several attempts over a few days.

DXGI Error.jpg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Maybe I should have titled this topic “Does P3D have bugs?” Hahahah

Sorry Dan.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

37 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry Dan.

No problem Ray. It made for an interesting read. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

55 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sorry for deviating from the topic title. I'll post this and then stop.

I set the startup aircraft as the Bravo and once the sim loaded selected the Piper Cub from the Vehicle menu. Crash. Never had it work in several attempts over a few days.

DXGI Error.jpg

Ray.....I could report this "Hijacking the title thing" to the MODERATOR....... 😉  But in this particular case....this makes probably no sense 😂

I´ve reported this this morning at LM also. I could indeed reproduce the issue in V5.1 (with a RTX 3090 card)!

What´s the most hilarious part of this:

Click Yes - to get angry

Click No - to get upset

Click Cancel - to get frustrated anyway

Don´t click: To stay excited about what will happen next

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png