Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

What do I miss the most in Aerosoft CRJ

On 3/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, sluflyer06 said:

@sd_flyer

@nyxx

@GACSavannah

The real CRJ does NOT do v1 and v2 calls, so how are you missing that?

No, but the real CRJ PNF (Pilot Not Flying) does, so it would be nice to have it. It would be simulating the other pilot calling the speeds, not the aircraft itself.

• Like 2

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

14 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

No, but the real CRJ PNF (Pilot Not Flying) does, so it would be nice to have it. It would be simulating the other pilot calling the speeds, not the aircraft itself.

It's a feature of  many 3rd party add on aircraft. If I could just buy 3rd party add on copilot! LOL Anyway CRJ does have flight attendant voices so why not throw a copilot?

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

If I could just buy 3rd party add on copilot! 

You can: Multi Crew Experience.

• Upvote 1

It's a really nice addon, with a great value-quality tag. But I would say there is a none negligible amount of bugs to fix and one thing that really disappoint me is the HUD, very close to useless right now.

Edited by bendead

After around 20 flights and going back to try the CJ4 wt. Here is want I would like to see worked on. None should put anyone off buying it.

The VC sound of the wind when high at speed, seems really basic and crude

The heat coming out of the engines is like puff of smoke in lumps, the Cj4 has heat coming off its engines like it should be not clumps of heat blur puffing that come out like the CRJ. Again it looks crude.

The CRJ shakes in turns even worse when at 290KTS. Even at slow 180KTS you can see it. The CJ4wt is smooth as silk.

Following the magenta line, this problem I heard reported with the A320 and the CRJ P3D, it's just not good, turnes to late if above 10,000ft and 290KTS then it does "S" turns to get back, sometimes it best to goto HDG and ...

When you line select a way point and enter it at the top of your Flight plan it makes a flight point up sometimes, instead of you aircraft going striaght to that waypont as it should, it make one up to....who knows where! and wants to via the way its just made up.

The Cj4 wt has no problems with a GS, the CRJ even when captured from below can drive for the ground. Why the MSFS GS can work so well and the CRJ is the way it is...it's bad. But I hear its being worked on? well why was this not done before release?

Weather/Terrain  would be good

Navigraph EFB integration

V1,V2 calls

Visual icing

Performance is realy not great. its just OK, Yes you now have 2 FMC and the FO side is now great to set up diffrently. But  better Performance would be welcome.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

48 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Following the magenta line, this problem I heard reported with the A320 and the CRJ P3D, it's just not good, turnes to late if above 10,000ft and 290KTS then it does "S" turns to get back, sometimes it best to goto HDG and ...

When you line select a way point and enter it at the top of your Flight plan it makes a flight point up sometimes, instead of you aircraft going striaght to that waypont as it should, it make one up to....who knows where! and wants to via the way its just made up.

The scary part about the LNAV (following the line) is that they've never been able to fix this in years of initial development and subsequent updates and new releases for new sims since. So I would not hold my breath, it may never stop under and overshooting turns. Same story with the line selecting waypoints to go direct, or selecting them via direct key, was present in the CRJ since the initial CRJ X release.

I wrote a long post last year with issues and inaccuracies of the P3D CRJ at their forum, thread got locked by an angry Hans. Most of those same issues persist in the 'new' CRJ. I pointed out inaccuracies in the new one, and a just completely false statement from one of their staff and received another angry response, this time a ban 🙄. Lovely treatment of your paying customers.

So the thing I would like to see the most in the CRJ is just accuracy. In its displays, in its navigation, in its VNAV and ETA calculations, in its flap extension (no, the flaps do not extend to 8 before the slats are extended) and I can go on. I know I am a little bit of a stickler with this particular plane because I fly it, and any inaccuracy kills immersion. But it is just all over the place.

Edited by Prpn
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It's a feature of  many 3rd party add on aircraft. If I could just buy 3rd party add on copilot! LOL Anyway CRJ does have flight attendant voices so why not throw a copilot?

Very True!

Chris Camp

20 minutes ago, Prpn said:

I wrote a long post last year with issues and inaccuracies of the P3D CRJ at their forum, thread got locked by an angry Hans. Most of those same issues persist in the 'new' CRJ. I pointed out inaccuracies in the new one, and a just completely false statement from one of their staff and received another angry response, this time a ban 🙄. Lovely treatment of your paying customers.

Thats how AS deal with people. 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When terrain radar would be the most welcomed !

unknown.png?width=2153&height=1211

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thats how AS deal with people. 

I won't be buying anything from them seeing how they treat paying customers on their forums, that is for sure.  And the fact that MS is so hot to push their partnership with a company that treats their customers like this is very telling 

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I did a night flight last evening and it would be nice if the landing/taxi lights could be modded to be brighter.  They are way too dim and do not illuminate the surface well at all.  I know this is an MSFS thing and not Aerosoft's fault but I have seen some good light mods done for the WT CJ4 and the JF Arrow so seems like it should be possible to do...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I did a night flight last evening and it would be nice if the landing/taxi lights could be modded to be brighter.  They are way too dim and do not illuminate the surface well at all.  I know this is an MSFS thing and not Aerosoft's fault but I have seen some good light mods done for the WT CJ4 and the JF Arrow so seems like it should be possible to do...

That might actually be somewhat realistic 🤣. In real life the recognition/taxi lights don't illuminate anything straight ahead of you basically, they barely light up the edges of the taxiways and the grass beyond. Landing lights should be somewhat better, especially with the nose light finally shedding some light straight ahead. I often switch just the nose landing light on to assist at night. But they are, in general, definitely not the artificial suns that are fitted on more recent Airbus aircraft 😁.