Sign in to follow this  
Lukamak

Closest Aircrafts to study level (list)

None.  There isn't one that gets a few light years close to the mark in MSFS.  Not yet anyway.

The Leonardo Maddog for P3Dv4/v5 is the closest, followed by the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in P3Dv4/v5. PMDG is up there as is FSL Labs Airbus, but not at the level of the Dog and Crash 8.

This will eventually change, but not for the next 1.5 to 2 years, and that's just the aircraft. You'll also need the environment to improve, which I believe will happen.

Just being honest.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

If your definition of "study level" includes having a complete A2A-style physics simulation of things like hydraulic pressure and electrical loads, I think this is a full list of the planes that will give you that currently:

I’m not sure if it simulates those loads but the JF arrow has a working electrical system down to circuit breakers that will disable functions if “tripped”

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Do not forget the P149.. it is a great touring machine.

I agree that it's nice and it flies quite nicely, even if it doesn't want to stall or spin. And it looks pretty and has a great VC with brilliant texturing, possibly the best of any VC of all. But it ain't no study sim.

You can literally leave the cowling vents shut, stick the parking brakes on, firewall the controls, watch the gauges go all the way past the redline to the stops, leave the throttle and pitch levers fully forward, go away, roast a chicken, come back and the thing's stick ticking over perfectly like a Timex. The real thing would have been a pile of burnt ashes if you'd done that.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

None.  There isn't one that gets a few light years close to the mark in MSFS.  Not yet anyway.

The Leonardo Maddog for P3Dv4/v5 is the closest, followed by the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in P3Dv4/v5. PMDG is up there as is FSL Labs Airbus, but not at the level of the Dog and Crash 8.

This will eventually change, but not for the next 1.5 to 2 years, and that's just the aircraft. You'll also need the environment to improve, which I believe will happen.

Just being honest.

So the A2A GA fleet for P3D are not study level? LOL

I believe that they are, especially the 172r or s models. They are as real as it gets.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just being honest.

I took a flight lesson in a C172 in RL and I was amazed that the instructor followed the A2A amplified checklist almost to the letter. You can definitely use A2A models as preparation for flying the real thing. Also, don't forget the Milviz B350, which IMHO is up there with Majestic as well.

Peter

I would nominate the Bleriot XI. The complex avionics and IFR capability are as close to that of the historical Bleriot as you could possibly get 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

The epithet study level is quite simply a way of describing the degree of simulated reality in an airplane. A2A is a shining example.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

18 minutes ago, DJJose said:

So the A2A GA fleet for P3D are not study level? LOL

I believe that they are, especially the 172r or s models. They are as real as it gets.

DJ,

I'm not a GA guy, and I haven't flown GA real world in about 8 years.  What I listed was airliners, because (at least for the most part) that's what the OP listed.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Everyone knows that stuff such as the Majestic Dash 8 and the A2A Comanche 250 in P3D are the best if you want a study sim (TM). But this thread is really about what comes closest in MSFS, and at the moment none of them really get too close, it's probably the JF Arrow 3 that wins in MSFS at the moment, but it's not at A2A levels, then again it doesn't come with that price tag either.

What will change things is when the aerodynamic update stuff is in MSFS; when that happens (assuming it does what Asobo claims it will do), MSFS may possibly be the go to sim for realistic flight modeling, but it won't be until you can start doing the kind of engine modeling and subtle detail which A2A does that'll it'll completely eclipse that aspect of their products in FSX and P3D.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

11 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I took a flight lesson in a C172 in RL and I was amazed that the instructor followed the A2A amplified checklist almost to the letter. You can definitely use A2A models as preparation for flying the real thing. Also, don't forget the Milviz B350, which IMHO is up there with Majestic as well.

Peter

There are three primary issues in the sim which prevent aircraft from handling as they should, flight dynamics (and the ability to program the FD), weather, and the effect that weather has on the aircraft.  So I will hold to my earlier statement, none exist.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

2 hours ago, Chock said:

I agree that it's nice and it flies quite nicely, even if it doesn't want to stall or spin. And it looks pretty and has a great VC with brilliant texturing, possibly the best of any VC of all. But it ain't no study sim.

You can literally leave the cowling vents shut, stick the parking brakes on, firewall the controls, watch the gauges go all the way past the redline to the stops, leave the throttle and pitch levers fully forward, go away, roast a chicken, come back and the thing's stick ticking over perfectly like a Timex. The real thing would have been a pile of burnt ashes if you'd done that.

Other than that, it's realistic.....🤣

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Other than that, it's realistic.....🤣

Well. I ain't saying it's not nice, in fact I really like it and would recommend it, but MSFS stuff's got a long way to go to start making it necessary to manage an engine properly. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Did anyone mention the RealAir Turbine Duke v2, with dual Reality XP GTN 750 GPS gauges?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Edited to remove duplicate post

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere