Sign in to follow this  
STK

Tupolev Tu-154B-2 in development

Just highlighting that a Tupolev Tu-154b-2 is in development for P3Dv4+.

Plug the following URL into Google Translate for a very rough idea as to what’s going on. There are pics throughout the thread. This effort is unrelated to any by the old Project Tupolev team. (And I am posting as an unrelated observer as well). My understanding is that it will be payware and may be out by mid-summer. 

https://avsimrus.com/forum/topic/146276-ту-154б-2-для-fsx-и-prepar-3d-с-нуля/page/74/

Regards,

Sean K.

Might be one more reason I could finally get rid of FS9 Then....

But I'm more familiar with PT's 154M, not sure how difference is between M and B2.

1 hour ago, C2615 said:

But I'm more familiar with PT's 154M, not sure how difference is between M and B2.

The main difference between the 154M and the 154B2 is more fuel-efficient engines. There are also differences in the mechanization of the wing (flaps, slats) and another adjustable stabilizer. Therefore, piloting is different. The flight engineer panel is significantly different.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

I'd be very interested in trying this out when released to widen my selection of classic airliners, though I may need to get myself a crash-course in Russian in order to operate the Flight Deck!

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

6 hours ago, SimeonWilbury said:

I'd be very interested in trying this out when released to widen my selection of classic airliners, though I may need to get myself a crash-course in Russian in order to operate the Flight Deck!

That won't help you. 😉 I speak fluent Russian and I'd be confused as hell because there are acronyms and technical terms that I wouldn't know how to correlate to English. 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SimeonWilbury said:

Russian is my native language. But in 2004, when I was studying PT Tu-154 (FS9) I had to take a quick flight school course to understand how this plane works. I read the "РЛЭ" (FCOM) for 3 months to understand all the features. No wonder the crew of the plane was 5 people. But it was a lot of fun. 😉

• Like 1

Tu154 is one of the few aircraft I can make a line operation but haven't read any manual (except some performance charts).

Back to 200x, someone just teach me though Teamspeak step by step.

I'm surprised I can still do the procedure (maybe very wrongly, but works) out of memory...

I do remember a couple of years ago reading that some non-Russian speaking crews were accommodated on TU-154s through a english-language manual detailing the correct procedures, I'd suppose that would be the most ideal guide for a beginner looking to learn the aircraft. Provided there is a source to learn the various Russian Technical abreviations (I at least know a few of the abbreviations used for the Space Program) I would be interested in sinking the time in to learn such an aircraft.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SimeonWilbury said:

I do remember a couple of years ago reading that some non-Russian speaking crews were accommodated on TU-154s through a english-language manual detailing the correct procedures, I'd suppose that would be the most ideal guide for a beginner looking to learn the aircraft. Provided there is a source to learn the various Russian Technical abreviations (I at least know a few of the abbreviations used for the Space Program) I would be interested in sinking the time in to learn such an aircraft.

Yeah, that would be perfect. Another fluent Russian speaker (and "study level" airliner fan) here who still finds learning these Russian aircraft almost insanely intimidating...

James

4 hours ago, honanhal said:

Yeah, that would be perfect. Another fluent Russian speaker (and "study level" airliner fan) here who still finds learning these Russian aircraft almost insanely intimidating...

James

Yup! I spent first 15 years of my life in St. Petersburg, Russia. But everything I learned about aviation was always in English. So things like APU, packs, thrust-reversers, etc... If you told me some of those acronyms in Russian, I wouldn't have the first clue what you are talking about. I suppose it's much easier for the Russians who actually learned about aviation in Russian language. 

On 3/24/2021 at 8:22 PM, BostonJeremy77 said:

Yup! I spent first 15 years of my life in St. Petersburg, Russia. But everything I learned about aviation was always in English. So things like APU, packs, thrust-reversers, etc... If you told me some of those acronyms in Russian, I wouldn't have the first clue what you are talking about. I suppose it's much easier for the Russians who actually learned about aviation in Russian language. 

I also lived in St. Petersburg for many years, more than 15. And I was repare an American man's laptop once.

We talked a lot about various interesting topics and then I found out that he the 80s flew on the SR71 and photographed the locations of Soviet submarines. We discussed this with humor sitting in a cafe on Nevsky Prospekt in St. Petersburg.

Very unlikely, but maybe it was you? 🙂

• Like 1

The russians love their acronyms almost as much as the germans love joining 10 words into a single one.

I speak russian quite well (albeit not a native speaker) but the acronyms are of little use unless you know exactly what they denote. An absu is the autopilot for instance, but I cannot really telling you exactly what it should stand for.

one should just get aquatinted with the various knobs levers and switches. The labeling, be it in latin or cyrillics is of little use.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nickbe said:

I also lived in St. Petersburg for many years, more than 15. And I was repare an American man's laptop once.

We talked a lot about various interesting topics and then I found out that he the 80s flew on the SR71 and photographed the locations of Soviet submarines. We discussed this with humor sitting in a cafe on Nevsky Prospekt in St. Petersburg.

Very unlikely, but maybe it was you? 🙂

It wasn't... I haven't been back there since 1992. But I DID go to a school near Nevsky Prospekt. Used to get off at a Metro stop near Moskovskiy Vokzal. Ploshad Vosstaniya? 

Initial version released. See the Google Translate link below. Still very much a work-in-progress with documentation incoming, and unfortunately the author is already being inundated by 50+ emails just from one user, but something is out now. Be patient and respectful while the author addresses issues, continues development, and adds documentation.

Also, with a complex plane like this, something you may think is a bug could easily be user error.

With that said, I'll quote another user on the navigation piece:

"So far, only VOR (DME) and NDB navigation can be flown quite well using these means. NVU is in the process of development and will be in the next updates. In addition, a tablet will work on the pilot's panel, and in the future Sergey plans to implement a domestic analogue of FMS"

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://avsimrus.com/forum/topic/146276-%D1%82%D1%83-154%D0%B1-2-%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F-fsx-%D0%B8-prepar-3d-%D1%81-%D0%BD%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8F/page/78/

Edited by STK
  • Upvote 1