Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

A new plane in MSFS world update 4(France, Nederlands)?

12 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

but I would love a retro-liner - DC-8, DC-9, B727, B737-200, B707 or B720.  So many to choose from, and an era sadly lacking from MSFS at the moment.

Nah earlier ... Super Constellation.

Or even Columbine 2 a standard Constellation and the very first "Airforce 1" .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

If they bring the BAC 111 I (fond memories of David Maltby's here) I want a Caravelle.  It is not negotiable.

Aeroplane Heaven have probably got you covered with the Caravelle. It was originally being done in combination with Just Flight back a couple of years ago, and was aimed at P3D (V4), but MSFS changed all that, so it'll probably end up in MSFS at some point, as will Just Flight's B747-200, which was the reason why they dropped out of a cooperative development on the Caravelle in order to concentrate their efforts on the Jumbo, although the two aeroplanes will apparently share the same custom-coded Carousel nav system.

014.jpg

Personally, I'm looking forward to that forthcoming Boeing 247 over and above everything else. I've waited years for someone to have a serious go at making a 247; even considered having a stab at it myself at one point. It was of course the aeroplane which not only inspired the DC-3, but also the B-17, so it's a really important aviation landmark, as well as being a pretty aeroplane too.

I just hope they also include a version with the raked-forward art deco windscreen, which apparently caused dodgy reflections on the real thing which is why they changed it after the first few production models, but it looks so evocative of the era with that period detail that'd be a shame to forgo it without including that early variant as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hoping for a DC-3 ( need more classic aircraft in the sim) or something like a Q400 that would really open things up for regional flights as well as flights into smaller strips. Would benefit the sim greatly as there are not really many turboprop airliners available yet.

I’m expecting a small piston engine. That seems like the most appropriate thank you that wouldn’t take too much time or effort to build or code.

You guys hoping for in-depth system simulations of turbo prop planes might be let down...

My vote for the "thank you" aircraft is a steam guage Bonanza (strictly based on what I'd like to see).

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

10 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

...... for the A320, as well as the A380 that’s in progress!......

As I hardly fly big airliners in the sim, could you explain what the difference between the two is   (Yes I know, 2 vs 4 engines, bigger etc..)

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

12 hours ago, amahran said:

You guys hoping for in-depth system simulations of turbo prop planes might be let down...

I don’t think anyone is expecting anything better than what’s already in the sim. It would just be nice to have one. I’d take something a level above FSX’s Dash-8.

Edited by Tuskin38

Aah guys you still don't understand who is the target of this product.

France France something something a flashy plane...

The new plane is 100% the Concorde, kids would love to fly it in chase camera on the xbox with the afterburners on.

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

14 hours ago, Chock said:

Aeroplane Heaven have probably got you covered with the Caravelle. It was originally being done in combination with Just Flight back a couple of years ago, and was aimed at P3D (V4), but MSFS changed all that, so it'll probably end up in MSFS at some point, as will Just Flight's B747-200, which was the reason why they dropped out of a cooperative development on the Caravelle in order to concentrate their efforts on the Jumbo, although the two aeroplanes will apparently share the same custom-coded Carousel nav system.

014.jpg

Personally, I'm looking forward to that forthcoming Boeing 247 over and above everything else. I've waited years for someone to have a serious go at making a 247; even considered having a stab at it myself at one point. It was of course the aeroplane which not only inspired the DC-3, but also the B-17, so it's a really important aviation landmark, as well as being a pretty aeroplane too.

I just hope they also include a version with the raked-forward art deco windscreen, which apparently caused dodgy reflections on the real thing which is why they changed it after the first few production models, but it looks so evocative of the era with that period detail that'd be a shame to forgo it without including that early variant as well.

yea. and considering its made by Vitus (Wing42). we already know its gonna be amazing! im fortunate enough to have seen it up close. oh boy, i dont think we are ready for it 😄

I would love a Dash 8.  Whatever it is I hope since it’s a free gift / update the files won’t be encrypted so our talented modding community can get to work on improving it 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, EmaRacing said:

The new plane is 100% the Concorde, kids would love to fly it in chase camera on the xbox with the afterburners on.

Unless they include updated supersonic dynamics in this update, I highly doubt it.

Also kids aren't their target audience.

Edited by Tuskin38

35 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Unless they include updated supersonic dynamics in this update, I highly doubt it.

Also kids aren't their target audience.

It doesn't need to go supersonic, just needs to have the flame spitting thingys and smoke trails only on player 1's airplane.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

If Aerosoft gave us their OV10, it would be an amazing platform for sightseeing...

2 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I think everyone is well aware that FS has always had that target audience, but it's not the sole target. MS FS has always been the friendly likeable face of MS, a good PR product which effectively demonstrates them being at the cutting edge of pushing what a game can do.

It's why you used to see it running in kiosk mode in the windows of PC shops and why it in fact had a kiosk mode. Beyond that, it's the DLC legs of the product they want part of, which makes it able to support itself in terms of funding along with the base cost of the sim, plus the hardware sales as well.

You are certainly right about many XBox users just flying stuff in chase view, which is of course what the control instrument overlays are about, but the fact that they did also go overboard with the VCs and the VR support, means that's a big part of it as well. Plus, the game engine itself lends itself to many other applications, both casual and serious, so yeah, a Concorde might suit that and could tick all the boxes, as it was essentially the pinnacle of aerospace engineering for France and the UK, but what might be even better, would be this thing, since it recalls that, but with a modern twist:

https://boomsupersonic.com/

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here