Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

A new plane in MSFS world update 4(France, Nederlands)?

2 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

It doesn't need to go supersonic, just needs to have the flame spitting thingys and smoke trails only on player 1's airplane.

🙄

If that was really their focus, why would they go and contract the Working Title team to help improve accuracy of the sim?

Kids are not their primary audience, they are an audience, but not the primary.

It was the same with FSX marketing, they had a couple adverts showing a kid and their grandfather playing FSX with a 360 controller, which you can easily do if you tone down the realism settings.

Hell, it's possible with max realism, but you'd probably want like peddles and such and a refined stick config.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

I would love a Dash 8.  Whatever it is I hope since it’s a free gift / update the files won’t be encrypted so our talented modding community can get to work on improving it 🙂

Rumours are the Helicopters may be the first paid DLC but have not heard of anything else.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

🙄

If that was really their focus, why would they go and contract the Working Title team to help improve accuracy of the sim?

It was the same with FSX marketing, they had a couple adverts showing a kid and their grandfather playing FSX with a 360 controller, which you can easily do if you tone down the realism settings.

Hell, it's possible with max realism, but you'd probably want like peddles and such and a refined stick config.

yes, so much dissing of the xbox crowd. I fly with a 360 gamepad. and i do have a joystick. but was to eager to try msfs when it launched, didnt bother setting it up. and 8 month later i still use my trust gamepad. its MUCH better than people think. MSFS coming to Xbox is possibly the greatest thing that could happen to flight simming as a whole. opens up a whole new market, gets a TON of people into our hobby, wich will spark the interest of many studios, companies, and and other sim platforms. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

If they get VR to work properly on Xbox at a reasonable price (bypassing all that Steam/WMR/driver tweaking currently needed) it will change the whole genre.

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

yes, so much dissing of the xbox crowd. I fly with a 360 gamepad. and i do have a joystick. but was to eager to try msfs when it launched, didnt bother setting it up. and 8 month later i still use my trust gamepad. its MUCH better than people think. MSFS coming to Xbox is possibly the greatest thing that could happen to flight simming as a whole. opens up a whole new market, gets a TON of people into our hobby, wich will spark the interest of many studios, companies, and and other sim platforms. 

Heck some military UAVs are controlled via game controller.

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Heck some military UAVs are controlled via game controller.

As well as submarine periscopes and even MRI and CAT scan viewing software. Seems kids' misspent youths are finally paying dividends!😄

I was actually fine using my Xbox 360 wireless controller until I could get my hands on my Airbus stick and quadrant. It was really only fine tuning of throttle control which was lacking.

• Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 3/29/2021 at 7:06 PM, Chock said:

Personally, I'm looking forward to that forthcoming Boeing 247 over and above everything else. I've waited years for someone to have a serious go at making a 247; even considered having a stab at it myself at one point. It was of course the aeroplane which not only inspired the DC-3, but also the B-17, so it's a really important aviation landmark, as well as being a pretty aeroplane too.

6173408bf5fa5999f40725808a6517cc.jpg

Edited by Fielder
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, BostonJeremy77 said:

Stop spreading bad information if you don’t know what you are talking about.

You clearly didn't get the point.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

13 hours ago, Chock said:

You are certainly right about many XBox users just flying stuff in chase view

You'd be surprised to find out how many simmers seem to spend most of their flying time outside the cockpit. I myself never ever leave the cockpit during a flight (well, maybe 2 or 3 times a year for a specific screenshot) but there are more ways to enjoy the hobby, it seems. It's all a matter of preference. I do know there are 'Avsimmers' who hardly know what a cockpit looks like...! Just saying that XBox users are people too and don't need to be frowned upon. 😉 (EDIT Not that you were doing that 😉 but some other really do, and a bit too often too imho.)

9 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

MSFS coming to Xbox is possibly the greatest thing that could happen to flight simming as a whole.

Yep!

Edited by tup61

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

You'd be surprised to find out how many simmers seem to spend most of their flying time outside the cockpit... It's all a matter of preference. XBox users are people too and don't need to be frowned upon. 😉 (EDIT Not that you were doing that 😉 but some other really do, and a bit too often too imho.)

Absolutely agree. If anyone imagines they are doing flight simming a favour, in any way whatsoever, by looking down on people who don't take it as 'seriously' as they do, then they are mistaken. Putting Flight Simulator on a console will be one of the best things that has happened to this stuffy old hobby in years and if people just want to fly their 747 inverted under a bridge from an external view all the time, then good luck to them, I hope they have loads of fun doing it and posting screenshots of it etc.

And for anyone who hasn't tried it, it's worth knowing that XBox-style dual joypad controllers are great for flying choppers in sims and games; they work much better than a traditional joystick and throttle and offer more flexibility for control assignments because they are effectively a twin joystick.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is not about looking down at anybody. Let us not raise another absurd debate !  There always has been people enjoying the sim with a keyboard only and a mouse. I think they miss a great experience, what the sim is all about,  but hey! their call... Same withe console controllers.  I respect that. Their fun is not mine. Thats it.

It is about not having MS pretexting of this user  base "to adapt" the sim to the console . I will not go again in this debate which has been abundantly discussed the recent days. 

Would I play FallOut with my HOTAS ?  Nope. Would I play the sim with a controller. Nope. 😄

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

It is about not having MS pretexting of this user  base "to adapt" the sim to the console . I will not go again in this debate which has been abundantly discussed the recent days. 

Only because you’re wrong, they’re doing nothing of the sort.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, Tuskin38 said:

🙄

I tend to forget that fun is not allowed nowadays, but I purposedly exaggerated my statement with humorous intents.
I'm still convinced that the Concorde would be perfect companion for the France DLC though.

I also leave the cockpit sometimes, when the planes start dolphin flight mode during rate compression, or because some landscapes are just worth watching without obstacles, more so on an ultrawide screen. This is the best looking planet I ever visited after all.

Edited by EmaRacing

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Sorry, there are people here who would say that seriously.

Edited by Tuskin38