Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Nvidia 465.89 Driver is out now !!!

Is a Graphic bios brand specific?? (so if you have an Asus card you have to use Asus bios)

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

5 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Curious why MSFS doesn't support resizable BAR... it would seem like an obvious candidate given the massive data being moved around as you fly.

EDIT: According to this article, MSFS performed worse with resizable BAR... LOL.  Why am I not surprised?

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/01/nvidia-cards-are-getting-resizable-bar-support-very-soon/

Where is Kotaku getting these reults? And this article is from Jan. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

4 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Is a Graphic bios brand specific?? (so if you have an Asus card you have to use Asus bios)

yes...most assuredly. 

• Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 minute ago, SolRayz said:

Where is Kotaku getting these reults? And this article is from Jan. 

Who knows.  But it would seem Nvidia feels the same otherwise they would have added MSFS to the supported games list.

Well.. I have to reply here. I run with 461.92 for a week or so now and, well, it is reasonable ok, with a bit too much microstuttering. But I read somewhere here above in this thread someone running the latest driver with HAGS off, and still OK. So I thought I will give it a try, BEFORE I update to 465.89 (yes I tried 457.30 also for some weeks).

Well: I now have no stuttering flying above the Shoreham scenery (from flightsim.to), which had a lot of periodic ( I think 2 a second) microstutter with HAGS off, flying the JF Piper Arrow steam gauges.

I then took off with the CJ4 WT mod, glass cockpit then, to EGLC, which used to be a low fps and stutter fest, and now: WOW, 30 fps, very little stuttering.

And this is certainly no placebo effect, it is not a little difference but a BIG one!

So: I advice to give it a try at least!

I am backing up my complete system (Acronis TrueImage) at this very moment to capture my system state, in case of later failures with other drivers (I almost dear not to try them).

• Like 2

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

what is Hags?

Hardware Accelerated Gpu Scheduling. If you never switched it off, maybe you could try to switch it ON (advice on a lot of fora). But for my system I now keep it OFF.

It is discussed here for example: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=hags topic%3A342582

Edited by Rene_Feijen
  • Like 1

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

1 minute ago, Rene_Feijen said:

Hardware Accelerated Gpu Scheduling. If you never switched it off, maybe you could try to switch it ON (advice on a lot of fora). But for my system I now keep it OFF.

Don't recall seeing that setting.  Where do you find it?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Not sure what to say about the update. Enroute maybe a bit better fps, however at LTFM it was definetely worse on my approach there. Fps dropped to 15 on short final and very around 18-.20 on the gate. Before the update I had around 22-28fps. Need to do some flight more to judge properly.

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Interestingly that and 457.51 are the last versions of Nvidia drivers that don't cause CTDs on my OC'd 3090.  They changed something after Dec. that means MSFS does NOT like an OC'd 3090. I can run my 3090 stock on recent drivers, no problem, but any OC makes it CTD regularly (often before getting into the plane).

You may need to adjust your OC. I'm undervolting my 3090, and was getting random CTD's when I got back into the sim after the last update. I backed off the clockspeed by 45MHz and flew for 3hrs last night with no CTD. If you're getting CTD's when overclocked and not getting them at stock speeds/voltages, your OC is the issue. The newest drivers/MSFS updates are likely pushing things just enough higher for the CTD to occur. I was blaming the sim as well and shouldn't have... this is an OC issue.

Right click on the deskop, then Monitor settings -  Graphic Settings

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Funky D said:

You may need to adjust your OC. I'm undervolting my 3090, and was getting random CTD's when I got back into the sim after the last update. I backed off the clockspeed by 45MHz and flew for 3hrs last night with no CTD. If you're getting CTD's when overclocked and not getting them at stock speeds/voltages, your OC is the issue. The newest drivers/MSFS updates are likely pushing things just enough higher for the CTD to occur. I was blaming the sim as well and shouldn't have... this is an OC issue.

I'm sure the OC has something to do with it, as it runs fine on stock settings. But there is some oddity to do with driver versions and this application that are playing a role. If it was just the overclock, then it wouldn't matter what driver I was running.  And if it was just the overclock then I would likely see issues in other games and GPU benchmarks... but I don't.  There is some strange interaction going on.  For now, running 457.51 is perfectly stable with this OC.

1 hour ago, Funky D said:

I have my 3090 stock settings  and it runs fine. (I9 10900K, have to edit my signature)

Edited by Rene_Feijen

1 minute ago, Rene_Feijen said:

I have my 3090 on 4.9 GHZ all cores, did not change voltage settings and it runs fine. (I9 10900K, have to edit my signature)

I think you're confusing GPU (3090) with CPU (10900k).  We are talking about GPU overclocking not being stable in MSFS with recent drivers.

Just installed 456.89 with Hags ON. I didn't change anything on Nvidia control panel , all default  ( even power management mode to normal)

I used the same Airport, clear skies, same time, same aircraft. From 80s ( 461.92) i went to  90fps. For sure this driver works great so far with MSFS, much smoother and fps is higher.

MSFS settings: Ultra at 1440p

no Placebo effect so far, will check later on EGLC

gHwsZ4Y.jpg

5C0cg3S.jpg

ikOn1uR.jpg

• Like 3

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition