Sign in to follow this  
Gadget FPV

New release of REX Skyforce 3D out...

19 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Cloud coverage is improved cloud shaping is fine (a few little odd bits but thats all) sky colouration consistent with EA in P3DV5 and HDR and EA both selected sim and Rex.

Stay below clouds it looks ok but above get the repeat pattern same with Active Sky p3d. Do you get the repeat pattern of clouds? If not what are your settings? 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Had a run today with the new release.

2nd Run loaded the REX Software after departure, REX-wx engine enabled. 

Screenshots posted here:

Do have Sun glare with this new version? Non EA / EA:

ds8jY9El.jpg

ktimwkBl.jpg

I dont see this Sun effect:

XqfkIoUl.jpg

Before update I think it was.

Settings are ok:

n1NEwalm.jpg zeBYF5vm.jpg

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 4/5/2021 at 6:34 AM, reecemj said:

Stay below clouds it looks ok but above get the repeat pattern same with Active Sky p3d. Do you get the repeat pattern of clouds? If not what are your settings? 

At this stage I am not sure. EA off seems to give the most correct picture with REX 5 in V5 but again it also is monitor resolution/type conditional as well. EA definitely hazes up the view and darkens it considerably (in some settings it is ok but in others you can see the problem too dark especially in low light dawn or dusk time settings)

I find there is definitely a colourisation issue on my system between the two as well - with EA on yellow hues are more dominant and EA off blue hues become more dominant - noticeably! Spent the best part of an afternoon changing HDR monitor settings to see if it was an issue - brightness down both on the monitor and in the sim helped a lot but not completely. Tessalation wound right down as well. I reset to the monitor back to default again and let it override and took off NVDIA preview (let P3D run the GPU) slight improvement as well - seems to be a shader issue actually my greys are slightly blue with EA off and slightly yellow with EA on as well. Not sure why this is! If you looking outside it is not an issue but when you have a sheet of consistent colour - like the panel in the aircraft for example there is a difference noticeable. 

Have not seen the repeat pattern consistently but yes is the answer but at the moment I am checking different landscapes (water [inland, ocean estuarine], deserts, snow covered etc) and also lots of different cloud models and the various light settings (the dawn dusk in REX are quite numerous and do carry across the whole sim if you select as well). 

Colour perception and depth is tricky! I find using two scenes on screen helpful here - one is a web page with lots of different pictures *sky and ocean backgrounds are good" people faces dress type etc and the sim on and running and switching between the two gives a good comparative measure - not just the sim. 

EA on EA off are both about the same in V5 with a solid low overcast but rain or falling precipitation is treated differently as well - EA on it is fine looks normal but EA off it becomes coarser and more streaky - interesting! 

• Like 1

reecemj - ok thought I would check this. Even though REX has supposed capacity to handle EA. Here is the outcome first shot is EA on REX WX engine active. 

Noted that the blocky laneways of cloud on top of broken cloud at F120 is very evident. 

So EA ON

f8XMPkY.jpg

Now paused and switched to EA OFF no change to position or weather generation

VkFtdcn.jpg

SPwOhZg.jpg

Pretty clear now that REX is far superior for cloud shaping and distribution. No blocking or laneways evident all up a more realistic sky actually.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

Do have Sun glare with this new version? Non EA / EA:

Hi

If you asking me, no, did not test for that as yet.

Will post here when done

just a reminder for people,  its still not working properly for v5.  its causing simconnect errors on flights over 6 hours lengh.  be warned.  this is another pay to beta test affair.   IT IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE FOR V5 if you do long haul flying.   thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

just a reminder for people,  its still not working properly for v5.  its causing simconnect errors on flights over 6 hours lengh.  be warned.  this is another pay to beta test affair.   IT IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE FOR V5 if you do long haul flying.   thanks

Is that with the REX Weather Engine on? Or does it also affect if you use ActiveSky as the weather engine?

8 hours ago, Tokitaumelie said:

Is that with the REX Weather Engine on? Or does it also affect if you use ActiveSky as the weather engine?

thats with Activesky on.  its been well documented on the REX Discord Server.

its a funny one as it happens after 6 hours flying, the sim will lock up for a few seconds and simconnect stops working.  so anything using simconnect doesnt work,  for example chaseplane, vpilot, pmdg if you are using it etc etc,

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

its a funny one as it happens after 6 hours flying, the sim will lock up for a few seconds and simconnect stops working.  so anything using simconnect doesnt work,  for example chaseplane, vpilot, pmdg if you are using it etc etc,

Thank you 

On 4/20/2021 at 9:16 AM, fluffyflops said:

I was getting so annoyed with this.  Glad I found the explanation.

What is the quickest way to stop this from happening?  Can I non start SF3D and have the in-sync engine disabled?

Steve Ramsay, UK

22 hours ago, srbs73 said:

I was getting so annoyed with this.  Glad I found the explanation.

What is the quickest way to stop this from happening?  Can I non start SF3D and have the in-sync engine disabled?

Don't run rex on flights over 6 hours. 

That's what rex think is acceptable. 

Good here isnt it. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Is the 6 hour ctd only if you have the sky force application open while flying?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

32 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Is the 6 hour ctd only if you have the sky force application open while flying?

correct. but  that makes it compatible with v5 somehow....

14ppkc-6.png

33 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

correct. but  that makes it compatible with v5 somehow....

I feel like it works great for me without launching skyforce app when flying.  Perhaps because I fly with EA off?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next