Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

"Your Packages are out of Date" - about to lose my Logbook?

I had this last night.

I clicked NO

Finished flight.

Today I started up MSFS and my log book was fine, but market place was grey out.

Setting and online data was turned OFF?

Turned it ON and when I went back to "home" The massage came back, pressed NO, market place was grey out, a repeat of above.

So I went into data, turned Data to ON and closed MSFS from that screen.

Restart MSFS and all seems well.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you click "YES" you WILL lose all your hours and the Sim will reset ALL settings back to Default New.

Ask me how I know . . .

Incidentally, you can still see your Total Flying Hours in seconds - divide by 60, and divide that by 60 to get your hours. You will have lost all details of flights/ aircraft/ locations in your log book however.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I experienced the same as Nyxx last night as I approached Gatwick. On receiving the message I clicked 'no' after which I noticed the scenery degraded. Pressing pause I entered 'setup' and found Data had been turned off. I switched 'Data' back on and got a message to the effect (I forget the exact wording) that I must be connected to the internet, which I was. The program now froze. I had to shut it down via Task Manager. I flew the same route this morning and all was well.

GG Asobo!!!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

If you click "YES" you WILL lose all your hours and the Sim will reset ALL settings back to Default New.

Ask me how I know . . .

Incidentally, you can still see your Total Flying Hours in seconds - divide by 60, and divide that by 60 to get your hours. You will have lost all details of flights/ aircraft/ locations in your log book however.

What really ticks me off about this is someone had to program this trainwreck into the sim or the servers, the warning about packages and the subsequent deleting of log  book entries. For what purpose that would serve, is beyond me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It certainly seems as though "NO" is the way to go for the best chance of retaining the Logbook. So that's what I'm about to do...

Wish me luck, and I'll see you on the other side... with or without my flying history!🙈

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I said 'NO' and then ended my flight since on-line data, photogrammetry etc was turned off, Market Place greyed out and closed the sim in the usual way.  I rebooted my PC (always worth doing after a problem or an update), noticed a quick Steam update, and restarted MSFS. Market Place was back, with Content Manager showing the three updates. Updated those and next flight was fine, with no changes to log book or any other settings. This was all yesterday, so now hoping all is well today.

2 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

It is strange that some appear to lose their log books after pressing YES and others (myself included) have not. I have pressed yes three times in the past 24 hours and having covered a few flights in the past hour it looks as though my problems have disappeared. I could be speaking too soon of course 😞

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I've found myself near HHMO Hermosillo International Airport in Mexico, so after I've landed, I'll report back. My co-pilot has changed gender though - she is now a he, with a very 'computery' voice!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

26 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I've found myself near HHMO Hermosillo International Airport in Mexico, so after I've landed, I'll report back. My co-pilot has changed gender though - she is now a he, with a very 'computery' voice!

That's a bitter blow 109. 

9 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

That's a bitter blow 109. 

Yes, we'd built up quite a rapport after 1000 miles together! I'll try to woo her back!

• Like 1

She'll be back - I've promised her half my Easter egg.😉

OK, completed my flight (54 hours and that was excluding pausing the sim whilst on the phone to my girlfriend, and a couple of other times!). Total flight time on the completion screen was 1014 hours, as expected.

Back to Main Screen, Marketplace greyed out. Took a screenshot of my Logbook and profile, just in case. Exited the sim and rebooted.

Interestingly, although the shortcut to MSFS was still on my Taskbar, it had no logo!🤔 Clicked on it and immediately the logo reappeared!

Once back in, Logbook intact👍 Marketplace still greyed out.  Re-enabled Data but still no Marketplace. Then Packages warning appeared again. Selected no and quit. Restarted sim and Marketplace was back. Logbook intact. Installed the 3 patches in Content Manager.

Quit sim again and rebooted PC. Logbook still there, all appears to be as it was. Phew!😓 

A quick circuit of EGPH Edinburgh Airport, with Graphics still on LOW, I did notice micro stutters and the screen froze for a couple of seconds on final. Hope that was just a glitch.

All is good. For now...

One change: In the aircraft selection screen, the order of the aircraft types (Airliners, Turboprops etc) has changed.🤔

You got all your hours back?

Woos, sorry. Saw that you took the careful approach to this whole issue and didn't lose them in the first place.

Wish I'd done that. I pressed "Yes" and will rue the day I did. . .

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese