Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

"Your Packages are out of Date" - about to lose my Logbook?

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

This posts suggest Logbook entries are stored in the cloud...

How can they be stored in the cloud when live weather always shows clear skies? *ba-dum tish* 

Thank you, thank you everyone. I'll be at the merch table after the show.

Edited by PWJT8D
  • Like 5

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

7 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

How can they be stored in the cloud when live weather always shows clear skies? *ba-dum tish* 

Thank you, thank you everyone. I'll be at the merch table after the show.

You got me on that one LOL !!!🤣

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Round 2:

It's happened to me for a second time.🙄 Almost the same routine (Scored out entries didn't happen this time, new occurrences in bold):

Back to Main Screen, Marketplace greyed out. Took a screenshot of my Logbook and profile, just in case. Exited the sim and rebooted.

Interestingly, although the shortcut to MSFS was still on my Taskbar, it had no logo!🤔 Clicked on it and immediately the logo reappeared!

Once back in, Logbook intact👍 Marketplace still greyed out.  Profile link completely blank😶. Link was re-enabled after I went into my Logbook and back out again. Re-enabled Data but still no Marketplace. Then Packages warning appeared again. Selected no and quit. Restarted sim and Marketplace was back. Logbook intact. Installed the 3 patches in Content Manager.

Quit sim again and rebooted PC. Logbook still there, all appears to be as it was.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

19 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I lost all my Hours when I deleted FSX/ P3D from my PC.

About 6000 or so.

But am I bothered?

you probably shouldnt be bothered because it was your actions and decision that produced that result, my loss of the log book was not my choice.  Not the same so I dont see why you would compare this loss with an example like that.  just saying.

Pretty much everything else in the program can be redone such as settings, aircraft and scenery reinstall but losing the history of the flights that I have accomplished feels personal and what hits home.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

This thread went quiet. Does that mean today's update corrects the issue? I haven't fired up my sim since the problem was reported... I'm hoping to sidestep the experience and keep my log and settings intact! 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

29 minutes ago, odourboy said:

This thread went quiet. Does that mean today's update corrects the issue? I haven't fired up my sim since the problem was reported... I'm hoping to sidestep the experience and keep my log and settings intact! 

Nope!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

In tonight's twitch video, they seemed to imply they only just found out about the problem before the meeting, and they couldn't reproduce at their end, but said it was fixed and shouldn't happen again.

The first answer on the log books was extraordinarily bad.  Even having a second go at answering the question of log books being restored later on (by a persistent Jayne) was ambiguous, so it seems like if you lost your log, it may be gone for good.

I was really unhappy with a lot of the answers tonight.  It seems they are out of touch on a lot of issues and don't seem to know what is happening in their own company, which would explain a lot.

Jorg is the only one that seems switched on.  If the rest shared his passion and competence, we would be really getting somewhere. I know the French guys are tired at the end of the day, but they seem disinterested and even bemused by the questions sometimes. They say they take feedback and read the forums, but they seem genuinely confused by some of the questions and issues raised. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

In tonight's twitch video, they seemed to imply they only just found out about the problem before the meeting, and they couldn't reproduce at their end, but said it was fixed and shouldn't happen again.

The first answer on the log books was extraordinarily bad.  Even having a second go at answering the question of log books being restored later on (by a persistent Jayne) was ambiguous, so it seems like if you lost your log, it may be gone for good.

I was really unhappy with a lot of the answers tonight.  It seems they are out of touch on a lot of issues and don't seem to know what is happening in their own company, which would explain a lot.

Jorg is the only one that seems switched on.  If the rest shared his passion and competence, we would be really getting somewhere. I know the French guys are tired at the end of the day, but they seem disinterested and even bemused by the questions sometimes. They say they take feedback and read the forums, but they seem genuinely confused by some of the questions. 

I watched it too, the two Asobo people looked like they would have rather been doing something else than attending that meeting. This log book issue has been going on for days, and they just found out about it??

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

April 13th, Tuesday afternoon I got the notice to download and install the latest update 17+ GB. The Packages Out Of Date issue is still occurring. Has anyone else run the update and if so what were your results?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

I now have the latest update installed correctly and because I got tired of getting the message about moving my community folder, I moved it. Turns out it reinstalled everything in the Official folder too and I had to manually put all the addons in the community folder. Because it also downloaded everything in the Official folder too It took all night but the problems I was having with that message about moving the Community folder and the Packages Out Of Date message and message about my bandwidth not being sufficient to stream scenery and the data switch turning off are all now apparently fixed. I have flown about 4 hours with 3 different planes in various parts of the world and haven't seen any of those troublesome messages.🙂

• Like 1

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.