Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

The latest version of MSFS

Is there a verify files function on the MS store like there is on Steam? If there is I can't find it.

Just now, jarmstro said:

Is there a verify files function on the MS store like there is on Steam? If there is I can't find it.

no, and using that function in the steam version usually triggers a full reinstall fyi

• Like 1

Everything is working fine now. Now I realize how bad MSFS looks when it is running off line. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Yea, I just received by new build today and will go about setting it up and installing MSFS this weekend; I am not looking forward to an update next week. Honestly, I think something that we should look forward to has become for many something that elicits trepidation. I wish there were fewer large updates and smaller incremental changes that address the more important issues we are all facing.

I totally agree. The company I work for now has very expensive video equipment that is software controlled. When we make a change, we check it out for days, looking for any glitch or problem, until we are satisfied to release  it to our clients. Then we start  on the next update. Changing hundreds of things all at once is not a good way to do this, as we all know. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think the best thing to do is throw the PC out the window and just get an Xbox and the Xbox version when it comes out.

If you can't beat them - join them.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I think the best thing to do is throw the PC out the window and just get an Xbox and the Xbox version when it comes out.

I'm sorely tempted.
Especially with the prices and availability of PC components at the levels they are...

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

55 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

And if something doesn't work right in X Box, the X boxers will start a riot. 

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And if something doesn't work right in X Box, the X boxers will start a riot. 

Nah, they'll just back to shooting stuff in another game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

If this is just getting ready for the update, you can imagine what havoc the actual update will bring. 

Prepare for a nightmare next week 😬

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Just now, Ixoye said:

Prepare for a nightmare next week 😬

I have already ordered a bottle of bourbon. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

I'm sorely tempted.
Especially with the prices and availability of PC components at the levels they are...

Same problem is affecting the new game consoles.  New Xbox and PlayStation sell out within a minute or two of being restocked anywhere.  Chip shortages mean this is likely going to continue until next year.

11 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Nah, they'll just back to shooting stuff in another game.

They will do that anyway inside a week :tongue:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nothing like that here. Been running like a dream for months. I really feel sorry for all the folks having problems and I wish I could help. 

I haven't really had any issues either (that weren't due to my PC being a little long in the tooth), but I don't doubt that Bob's issues are legit, and being caused by bugs or poor optimizations within the sim.  Glad he's managing to push through them at least, while we wait for Asobo to smooth things out.

Let's face it, it's either incremental updates, or excremental updates. Take your choice. 

• Like 3

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020