Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

CYOW Ottawa International Airport is available

Bought it last night (my first payware for MSFS!) at 10:00 pm. Immediately installed it and tried it out. Loving it! I think I even found the seat I sat in while waiting for the last flight we did to Cozumel (via CYUL) a year and a half ago. Before you know what happened.

Well worth it.

And I'm a bit tired this morning due to staying up well past my bedtime. 😉

...jim

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Is it in the marketplace? I don’t buy things from 100 different stores anymore 

Edited by DaWu

Lukas Dalton

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FSim Studios is currently working on London YXU, they also told me they’re doing YYJ  it that was a year or so ago. I think somebody is doing a freeware YQB and Ralph over at SimAddons recently released YHM. 

What about something smaller that has GA and commercial activity like Sault St Marie or Timmins? 

I'll do the CYOW update first, and then I'll see how CYOW sells and decide if I do GA or a larger airport next. We'll see what's available to work on without creating unnecessary competition where it can be avoided.

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

I am having CTD every time trying load on cyow.??

Edited by mangoo

Did a first flight out last night, looks really fantastic!  Two things I noticed:

I started in the government (NRC?) hangar at the end of taxiway G.  When I started up the doors were closed, then opened, which is cool.  However by the time I got my aircraft started and was ready to taxi the doors had closed again.  I was able to taxi through them as a work around.

The other thing was I noticed the bridge for taxiway G over the roadway was sunken down to the roadway and pretty rough to taxi over.

Two minor things but on the whole my first impressions are really good.  Price is more than fair as well.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

After a few flights in and out of CYOW, I can say that this scenery is very well done. I did not experience any major FPS drop which is good considering the amount of details present in this scenery.

The only small problem I have (in addition to Dave's remark above regarding the bridge on taxiway G) is that most of the taxiway signs are duplicated. Even with only CYOW present in the community folder. I was unable to determine if it is the scenery itself or the default signs that are not excluded. That is not a show stopper, but just a little annoying visually.

Overall impression: Very good scenery.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

16 hours ago, DaWu said:

Is it in the marketplace? I don’t buy things from 100 different stores anymore 

It's in the queue. It takes quite some time to get to the marketplace, and the upcoming update will also much there much later. So my site will give you there faster. But it will get to the marketplace eventually, I am a Microsoft Flight Simulator parner, so it'll get there.

12 hours ago, mangoo said:

I am having CTD every time trying load on cyow.??

I think you contacted me on messenger, right? If not - email or message me, I'll see if we can figure it out. Probably some other scenery has a conflict with this, as normally it works fine, I just checked again - no problems loading and using it whatsoever on my PC. I have last update and last SDK, and last NVidia driver.

9 hours ago, NBouc said:

After a few flights in and out of CYOW, I can say that this scenery is very well done. I did not experience any major FPS drop which is good considering the amount of details present in this scenery.

The only small problem I have (in addition to Dave's remark above regarding the bridge on taxiway G) is that most of the taxiway signs are duplicated. Even with only CYOW present in the community folder. I was unable to determine if it is the scenery itself or the default signs that are not excluded. That is not a show stopper, but just a little annoying visually.

Overall impression: Very good scenery.

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

Did a first flight out last night, looks really fantastic!  Two things I noticed:

I started in the government (NRC?) hangar at the end of taxiway G.  When I started up the doors were closed, then opened, which is cool.  However by the time I got my aircraft started and was ready to taxi the doors had closed again.  I was able to taxi through them as a work around.

The other thing was I noticed the bridge for taxiway G over the roadway was sunken down to the roadway and pretty rough to taxi over.

Two minor things but on the whole my first impressions are really good.  Price is more than fair as well.

Well, I have good news about the bridge:

174005906_359254352138915_3643960178142265966_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=dAbPZ3C_3gwAX9njXlf&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&tp=6&oh=48470ba3ded11df01cf5b777e3fb2e23&oe=609FD640

It's already done, together with 2 more buildings you can see behind it, ad billboards with lighting and more streetlamps. It will be out in the upcoming update soon.

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

When I started up the doors were closed, then opened, which is cool.  However by the time I got my aircraft started and was ready to taxi the doors had closed again.

Doors: Nobody figured out a way to trigger them, so they run in a loop. They will only stay closed for 1 minute - time go go through your checklist I guess, while the lazy union worker slowly walks over to the door and opens it 🙂 Doors will remain open for about 3 minutes, then close again and so on.

10 hours ago, NBouc said:

most of the taxiway signs are duplicated

Duplicated taxi signs: I double-checked, they are 100% not in the scenery, and the flag to delete default signs is there. I didn't see it before, but when checking today, I did see doubles too. All my signs are Size 3 but the doubles are Size 1, so that means they are the default signs that are supposed to be removed by the flag - and they were, certainly before the last update. Maybe Asobo introduced new bug in the last update? However, like many other problems with MSFS, it seems to only affect some people but not others. It may be a cache problem I suppose, so clear manual and rolling cache, relaunch the sim and try again. They should go away.

10 hours ago, NBouc said:

I did not experience any major FPS drop which is good considering the amount of details present in this scenery.

FPS: That's great! What kind of system do you have? This is a very detailed scenery with hi-res materials. I did optimize everything I could, so I hope it's a good compromise between quality and performance. I have RTX 3080 / Ryzen 9 5900X / 64Gb RAM so it's  difficult for me to judge performance impact. To tell the truth, even on my system in 4K default MSFS performance is not great. Doesn't seem much worse with my scenery on my system.   

• Like 3

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

I bought it yesterday, and very impressed with it. great work many thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I got it. It’s is great! No problems whatsoever. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Excellent, the bridge looks great and next time I’ll wait for the slowly moving worker to do their thing 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, Roman Design said:

FPS: That's great! What kind of system do you have? This is a very detailed scenery with hi-res materials. I did optimize everything I could, so I hope it's a good compromise between quality and performance. I have RTX 3080 / Ryzen 9 5900X / 64Gb RAM so it's  difficult for me to judge performance impact. To tell the truth, even on my system in 4K default MSFS performance is not great. Doesn't seem much worse with my scenery on my system.   

You can see my hardware in my signature. I use a ultrawide monitor at 2560x1080 with most MSFS graphic settings at high or ultra.

Normand

Intel i7 9700K @ 4.9 GHz / Asus Prime Z390-A / 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 750 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 10 Pro x64

6 minutes ago, NBouc said:

You can see my hardware in my signature. I use a ultrawide monitor at 2560x1080 with most MSFS graphic settings at high or ultra.

Thanks. GTX1080Ti is a great card for its generation. Still holds on. That very good news that it can pull of my scenery without significant FPS drop. Meanwhile with my RTX 3080 I can't get a smooth image on 4K monitor (not a gaming one so 60Hz). I'm not trying hard because I'm a VR guy anyway, and still waiting for VR controller support to come and Reverb G2 experience to be optimized for good FPS and smooth experience.

Will buy this weekend  Have the other two you have done

Please do CYOO (Oshawa)   Great stop for guys flying from the wes to the east

Picked it up the other day as well, very nice but unfortunately I'm going to have to put this one on ice myself, my hardware is ancient (780 GPU).  And certain airports still run ok but some absolutely tank my frame rates, definitely related to detail and/or gfx tech used of some sort.  Orbx Liverpool for example runs in single digits for me while the recent MS version we got with the UK update runs ok, the difference seems to be when there are lots of beams and structures with individual pillars.  The detail in this one is clearly too much for my card as this one also drops into single digit territory but don't let that put anyone else off from picking this one up because the issue is definitely at my end and it's well worth it, very nice!

I wonder what will come first GPU availability or WW3 planes in the sim!  🤔

Edited by stefaandk