Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Update out today 4/16 - v1.15.8.0

7 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Yes, you are done. There was no content update after program launch, only main program update via Microsoft Store/Steam. Those updates come automatically, if not started manually prior to automatic update. Actually I think this is normal behaviour and to be expected - while not 100% transparent.

Edit: There is one Update in the content manager: EDLP Paderborn Lippstadt

Excellent - thanks for that!  That makes perfect sense now. 👍   It might also explain why my internet felt a bit slow after I turned the PC on initially.

Edit:  Yes, I saw the Paderborn update as well.  I might remove Paderborn actually.  Quite a few GB for an airport I don't really use.  I did all of the little updates, Japan etc.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Yes, you are done. There was no content update after program launch, only main program update via Microsoft Store/Steam. Those updates come automatically, if not started manually prior to automatic update. Actually I think this is normal behaviour and to be expected - while not 100% transparent.

Edit: There is one Update in the content manager: EDLP Paderborn Lippstadt

Thanks for the prompt reply. My challenge however is that since the update (which I now understood was in the MS Store only), I get a CTD on the new activities splash screen. I have since removed all my community mods via add-on linker, rebooted my computer a few times, tried to rum MSFS as administrator but sill every time I get a crash to desktop at exactly the same launch screen. 

Edited by Riaan77077
typing error

3 minutes ago, Riaan77077 said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. My challenge however is that since the update (which I now understood was in the MS Store only), a get a CTD on the new activities splash screen. I have since removed all my community mods via add-on linker, rebooted my computer a few times, tried to rum MSFS as administrator but sill every time I get a crash to desktop at exactly the same launch screen. 

Checking this now.  I had a CTD straight after climbing out of Sedona in the C152 in one of my performance test flights.  CTD's are very rare for me.

I tried to go back in after emptying my Community folder, but it says an instance of MSFS is already running, probably due to the crash.

Rebooting the pc now, and have completely emptied the Community folder to eliminate any issues from that.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

For me just to say ( newest update on 1.15.8.0 ) a long time now no CTD !

I do mixed flights means 2h, 3h, 5-8h big planes smaller planes like that - just no CTD for a long time.

At the moment i am on a long haul with a 747 ( 6h flight ) first long flight with update 1.15.8.0 and a bit more than half is done - so far so good at the moment !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Checking this now.  I had a CTD straight after climbing out of Sedona in the C152 in one of my performance test flights.  CTD's are very rare for me.

I tried to go back in after emptying my Community folder, but it says an instance of MSFS is already running, probably due to the crash.

Rebooting the pc now, and have completely emptied the Community folder to eliminate any issues from that.

Think I isolated my problem and managed to get MSFS back up and running sort off (relief). This game is complex and one must be able to backtrack your own steps before shouting at Asobo like so many do.

Problem was I installed the A320 FlyByWire but in game the plane was not visible. I then read up that the problem was incompatible liveries. I removed the A320 FlyByWire and the liveries I moved out of Add-on linker into my community folder. I then started MSFS, got the notice about the update, updated via MS Store and then got the CTD. Must have corrupted MSFS in the process.

So I now bactracked my steps by by uninstalling the A320 FlyByWire and removing all the A320 liveries from my community folder and I got MSFS 2020 up and running again.

Next step is to reinstall the A320 FlyByWire and see if I can still get MSFS to run. Thereafter I will do a fresh install of all the A320 liveries and thereafter convert them for the A320 FlyByWire and see if MSFS then still executes. Lets hope this will work!

• Like 2

A few sporadic reports on the MSFS forums.  Once again, some getting CTD's wile some are doing 3 hour flights no problem.

The developer of the G-91 is having CTD's with his own aircraft, while a customer isn't - amazing! :biggrin:

About to do some testing now with a clean Community folder and a PC reboot.

• Like 1

OK.  This makes no sense, but that is MSFS sometimes.  The short story is I just did my usual test flight between Sedona and Flagstaff (in the C152) and everything was good, back to normal.  Smooth all the way.

I noticed before my last CTD that the GPU was flat lined at 100% and getting really hot (probably why it had a CTD this morning).

Even after renaming the Community folder and a PC reboot, I went back in and GPU was at 100% again (normally about 85%).

I went into the settings mid-flight and went to 2k, down from (4k 70%), LOD down to 150 from 200, trees to medium - GPU was still raging at 100%.

so I went back and put it to 4k at 70% again, checked the rest of the settings, moved trees to ultra and LOD back to 200 - GPU dropped to 75 - 85% !!!! How? (this % is my normal) and performance was back to my usual.

I really don't get it, but that is MSFS for you, at least I am happy now, and north of Sedona, I could tolerate the trees on ultra at 200 LOD - not too bad.

Note:  I didn't get the throttle to 50% when going in and out of settings by using the escape key, but I don't have any rudder pedals (which I believe is a cause of it).
Also, MSFS shut down and exited alright.

Now I will put stuff back into the Community folder gradually (although I had the trouble with it empty).

I hope others can solve it.  All I can suggest is you give is a few start-ups after the hot fix and jiggle with the settings like I did.  What I did made no sense at all but it worked!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

Well it should have.  It affects all of us as opposed to WASM, whatever that is.

A hotfix is usually meant to address breaking issues only.  They do not come without risk, as they are necessarily done outside the usual development process (though a developer should have a documented hotfix protocol too).   The more you change in a hotfix, the greater the risk of inadvertently breaking something but, more importantly than that, the extra time it takes to fix non-breaking bugs means breaking bugs go even longer unfixed.

The escape issue is annoying, but it's not a game-breaking bug.   CTDs using WASM modules -- which are not exactly an obscure part of the sim, they're one of the two ways of delivering the code for a plane, and the one that the commercial developers are favoring -- are indeed game-breaking.

Hopefully that will help you see the logic behind what was fixed here and what wasn't. 🙂

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Blueline308 said:

It affects all of us

No, I've never seen it ...

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

18 hours ago, Dillon said:

This is not good.  I thought with all the chatter on the forums Asobo would correct what they promised was fixed.🙁

This was a hotfix for what they broke, not a fix for something they promised but don't want to deliver.

James

10 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

A hotfix is usually meant to address breaking issues only.  They do not come without risk, as they are necessarily done outside the usual development process (though a developer should have a documented hotfix protocol too).   The more you change in a hotfix, the greater the risk of inadvertently breaking something but, more importantly than that, the extra time it takes to fix non-breaking bugs means breaking bugs go even longer unfixed.

The escape issue is annoying, but it's not a game-breaking bug.   CTDs using WASM modules -- which are not exactly an obscure part of the sim, they're one of the two ways of delivering the code for a plane, and the one that the commercial developers are favoring -- are indeed game-breaking.

Hopefully that will help you see the logic behind what was fixed here and what wasn't. 🙂

Personally I would consider not being able to go to a menu and change a setting without messing up your flight afterward to be game-breaking, but I can see where that definition might vary.

• Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

OK.  This makes no sense, but that is MSFS sometimes. 

My routine for updates is to temporarily remove community folder content, apply the update, delete and then rebuild the rolling cache (don't have any manual ones), then shut down and restart MSFS to check if it's working decently. If so, then shut down again and reinstall community folder items and run MSFS to check it again. It's a lot to go through for a update, but I try to give myself every chance of MSFS working correctly or if not, then knowing if it's MSFS or a community item that's causing problems.

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 1

James

OK, I take back what I said earlier. LFMN may be ok for me now but around Brussels I seem to be using what somone else here described rather well as Powerpoint 2020. Doing a short flight from EBAW down and around Brussels and then in to EBBR. Did the same flight yesterday and it was really creaky, today was just as bad but with the added bonus of a CTD on approach to EBBR.

There may be drinking tonight.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

2 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

OK, I take back what I said earlier. LFMN may be ok for me now but around Brussels I seem to be using what somone else here described rather well as Powerpoint 2020. Doing a short flight from EBAW down and around Brussels and then in to EBBR. Did the same flight yesterday and it was really creaky, today was just as bad but with the added bonus of a CTD on approach to EBBR.

There may be drinking tonight.

You can find some really fine beers in Brussels. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, pmplayer said:

For me just to say ( newest update on 1.15.8.0 ) a long time now no CTD !

I do mixed flights means 2h, 3h, 5-8h big planes smaller planes like that - just no CTD for a long time.

At the moment i am on a long haul with a 747 ( 6h flight ) first long flight with update 1.15.8.0 and a bit more than half is done - so far so good at the moment !

cheers 😉

Just to report back - flight went well was from KJFK - EDDL 7h02m no CTD or other error !

I think my performance and smootness was better before the 1.15XX Patches after that hotfix for the performance/stutters but will see maybe there get some work done on this - hopfully,

as it shows it can be happen better like it was before..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png