Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Flightsim Chair - Looks Interesting

To be honest, if anyone is stupid enough to pay 500 quid for a glorified camping chair with a few bits of tubing welded to it, then I think they probably deserve to have the money taken off them, so I can only wish the makers of this thing good luck.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdyL46wLP8A&t=1s

I wouldn't be caught dead on this thing, but certainly an alternative to sitting hunched over at your desk. 😁

To me, this is actually fairly intriguing, as I had otherwise been idly considering putting together a whole new computer and desk and excetera for simming, but had/have limited space for it.

This cheaper alternative offers the opportunity to use my existing computer, while also having a dedicated setup that can be easily folded away when not in use.

Something to think about.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I once thought the same thing about being able to pack/fold something away when not using it, built something very similar to the video, then realised I still had to detach most things to fold it up. By the time I'd set it up again, I'd lost the motivation.

So next time I built a frame on castors, and a powered usb hub, that could leave everything attached and simply wheel out of the way.

• Like 2

Thanks, not interested..🤣

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I believe I could duplicate this thing using an old office chair for about AUD150.00. It would include castor wheels and I would have my dedicated flight sim computer attached.

I think it is a great idea but the cost is crazy (for me) and mine, (made in Indonesia) would be far more substantial.  I have a flight sim dedicated room 4 meters x 3 meters so It would fit beautifully and I would have included fittings for a 3 monitor set up.

It also bears noting that that price does not include shipping.

A great idea none the less if you have a dedicated flight sim computer and can have it made locally for a lot less.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I think the market it's aiming for is non 4m x 3m endowed folks currently taking up mum and dads living room 🙂

If it's like mine, the FFB wheel, shifter and pedals will cause it to flex too much to get the best out of the gear

Edited by dogmanbird

3 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

I think the market it's aiming for is non 4m x 3m endowed folks currently taking up mum and dads living room 🙂

Cannot agree with you more mate.   At best it is an extravagence, probably not justified by many. However, the concept for those with the room, is quite good. Not at USD500.00 though

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 minute ago, himmelhorse said:

Cannot agree with you more mate.   At best it is an extravagence, probably not justified by many. However, the concept for those with the room, is quite good. Not at USD500.00 though

Tony

I wonder how many people actually clicked the link...

I'm seeing USD $299

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's $500 aud by the time aussie retailers get it 

A BCF chair and camping poles should be all it costs 👍

but I agree, something rigid, durable and pack-it-up able would be great 🙂

Edited by dogmanbird

2 minutes ago, dogmanbird said:

That's $500 aud by the time aussie retailers get it 

A BCF chair and camping poles should be all it costs 👍

Well then one can only wonder what a graphics card costs over there....

Devons rig

drink holder?

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Cards have got expensive. A 3080 was ~$1500 at christmas, now $2000 or more. Everything else nvidia has gone up by about the same percentage.

Edited by dogmanbird

The main market is likely students in digs and tiny college rooms who will also have limited cash after buying beer and text books.

Does not look overly ergonomic either.

Speaking of space issues, I must say one of the big benefits of my new fulcrum yoke is the handle comes off meaning I do not need to dismount the yoke when not flying.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick