Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 22nd, 2021 - Development Update

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Seasons hasn't been pushed back. It's been removed. The feedback screenshot has been updated. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-april-22nd-2021-development-update/394579

At the same time, they accepted my application so my season pack will be on "Marketplace Partner Program".

The wish list you linked to is  a partial list starting at 25 and higher and missing the top 24 wishes.   In that list, even helicopters are not mentioned.  So I doubt that is any indication of seasons being removed.

Edited by frankla
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, frankla said:

The wish list you linked to is  a partial list starting at 25 and higher and missing the top 24 wishes.   In that list, even helicopters are not mentioned.  So I doubt that is any indication of seasons being removed.

Scroll down. Top 24 wishes is there at the bottom. 

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

The one on the bottom is VR.  The web friendly link has the top 24 wish list and seasons is #20.  Looks like whoever puts these together got mixed up and put the top 24 bugs and the bottom 24 wishes.

18 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

In other words, they do not know what they broke. With the last world update, they botched the scaling of aircraft controllers which is, in a first approach, not a scenery feature but they don’t know what is going on. Sweet.

A bit of an enigma are Asobo, in one respect they came be amateur in what they do, yet sometimes they can be brilliant, we just don't know what Asobo we are about to get every update.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

20 hours ago, Riah069 said:

And on that day. Satan will be skating to work 🙂

As for fsx I fail to understand why they did not retain the well planned Joystick and Controller mappings they had developed for that.  (If anyone needs them both controller and joystick maps are in the original box booklets for fsx.  They work and people do have a degree of familiarity even if they had made a few changes for their own needs.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

2 hours ago, eaim said:

A bit of an enigma are Asobo, in one respect they came be amateur in what they do, yet sometimes they can be brilliant, we just don't know what Asobo we are about to get every update.

They have a typical organizational problem compounded by a conflict of objectives. They can be technically brillant engineers, if the management lacks of maturity, the product suffers. And the user with it.

Look at the ESC key bug. The likely explanation (conjecture) is that they asked some developer to rectify the Honeycomb controller issue. The guy tweaked this and tweaked that and did the job but nobody afterwards checked whether everything was back to normal. Playing the game 5 minutes would have shown the bug. The patch went to the assembly line (or whatever they call it in the software industry) without any oversight.

Asobo was a little studio before MFS  and is handling now four projects : MFS for xBox which is the priority, MFS for PC, which is less of a priority because the bulk of sales are in, the SDK which is even less a priority as it is designed as a goodwill gesture toward the industry, and I suspect strongly from what I’ve read, version 2 of their Plague Tale.

And Microsoft is motivated by the commercial goal to release the Xbox version before Thanksgiving. Let us have a little laugh, will you ? Straight from their site 

Q: Xbox release date?

Jorg – ... it will be released when we think it’s great to hit the market! 

You couldn’t invent this 🤣.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Seasons hasn't been pushed back. It's been removed. The feedback screenshot has been updated. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-april-22nd-2021-development-update/394579

It seems they have only removed the second page of the feedback snapshot. If you open the "web friendly version" (https://www.flightsimulator.com/feedback-snapshot) then you find #20    458 votes | Seasons Started | 2021 

Strange... But IIRC they mentioned some progress with seasons in some dev Q&A session. So let's hope they will improve the possibilities for floral design - I'm sure your work won't be obsolete. There's always room for improvement over the vanilla solution (remember the various trees for FSX and P3D).

I am not entirely sure why someone claimed that seasons had been removed. It's Top Wish #20 in the above list.

44 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I am not entirely sure why someone claimed that seasons had been removed. It's Top Wish #20 in the above list.

Probably because they were looking at the post in the official forums, where the first part of the Wishlist snapshot (1-24) is missing.

Considering that all snapshot images are correctly included in the very first post of this thread, and that I explained immediately after that the Wishlist has been expanded to 48 items, I'm not sure how all that confusion occurred in the first place. 😄

9 hours ago, eaim said:

I agree. Considering the incredible, even if somewhat rough, application they delivered us at launch, some of the newer issues feel really silly. Sometimes I wonder if they've lost some key people from the project, or if management/organisation was screwed up at some point.

I think we will start seeing better overall stability once they get the Xbox launch and DirectX 12 update out of the way, which means they get to ditch the DirectX 11 render path and have one common source code, and when they successfully reduce the crazy high amount of concurrent branches. Maybe early 2022, but if the situation does not improve by then, I will start losing faith in the project really fast.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Scroll down. Top 24 wishes is there at the bottom. 

Thats VR wish list. Dont go there.

Edited by frankla

3 hours ago, crimplene said:

How can someone not read what I posted? 🙂

I am talking about the official forum. It's missing but it's available in web friendly version. Another place have it for 2022 and another place for 2021. So now there are 3 versions of snapshot feedback.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

40 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

How can someone not read what I posted? 🙂

20 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Seasons hasn't been pushed back. It's been removed.

I think people did read what you posted.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I think people did read what you posted.

Others did read ... but crimplene didn't. And my respond was toward crimplene, not others. (as you can see I quoted him and not others)  So you didn't read either  🙂

Crimplene posted it's not missing. I was talking about the official post that was missing season. It's still missing but as other mentioned. it's in ONLY in web friendly version.

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:

1 minute ago, BijanStudio said:

So you didn't read either

I did read, thank you, or I wouldn't have replied. Saying something hasn't been pushed back, but has been removed was misleading. "Missed off the list" might have been a more accurate phrase and would have avoided confusion. Saying removed certainly helped promote that your seasons package was going to be in the Marketplace though...😏

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)