Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Britten-Norman BN-2 from Black Box Sim coming soon

I'd rather want the aircraft to be initially unloaded, just with the pilot. 

The Islander is fun to fly.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Personally, I'm more interested in the ones that fly better than the default ones.

Perhaps we can have both, looks and flights to be good.

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Edited by kiki
Double post, sorry

4 minutes ago, kiki said:

Perhaps we can have both, looks and flights to be good.

That's certainly the ideal but honestly I'm here to fly stuff so how well a module does that comes first.

Edited by Matchstick

If the dev could just give the cockpit a bit of love it would make a big difference to my enjoyment of the plane. I've been spoilt by the JF Arrow I suppose.

• Like 2

Just now, jarmstro said:

If the dev could just give the cockpit a bit of love it would make a big difference to my enjoyment of the plane. I've been spoilt by the JF Arrow I suppose.

The textures of the JF Arrow are frequently complained about as being poor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

Not by me they aren't. It's the instrument panel that the problem with the Islander.

Edited by jarmstro

Rudder trim knob doesn't do anything.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

6 minutes ago, kaha said:

Rudder trim knob doesn't do anything.

Karl

And you can't feather a prop. But hey it was tested by real pilot to their satisfaction ! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Edited by jarmstro
Link is broken
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

And you can't feather a prop. But hey it was tested by real pilot to their satisfaction ! LOL

Yup, the new Carenado Seneca is much better in that regard. But frankly, whenever anyone says 'tested by a real pilot' I take that with a pinch of salt. For all we know it could have been tested by a 'real pilot' who is in fact a 'bloody awful real pilot whom you wouldn't dream of getting in an aeroplane with'.

And to be honest, if I test something myself, or pretty much everyone who frequents Avsim as far as I can tell, then it's been tested by a 'real pilot' as well, so it's fairly meaningless as a statement. Now if it had been tested by a BN-2 fleet captain at an airline or some such; i.e. someone who knows the things like the back of their hand, that'd be different.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

8 hours ago, Matchstick said:

yep, the 3D modek is nice, the texturing doesnt hold up when you zoom in

1 minute ago, leprechaunlive said:

yep, the 3D modek is nice, the texturing doesnt hold up when you zoom in

Different story with the Islander, the 3D modeling doesn't hold up too well either when you zoom in. I can live with it, but it certainly could be better.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I can also live with it..  it flies nicely, it captures a glide slop and descends accurately.. it accurately follows a flight plan setup in MSFS and it is a perfect mid plane for ON-Air/FSE type apps.

For the cost, I am happy.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

4 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Meh, almost all plane makers make that claim these days...so much so that it's become meaningless marketing banter. Even in cases where it is sometimes true I have found personally that if you ask 3 pilots what they think about a sim plane's handling you'll still get 3 different answers much of the time.

I always think that what works best as far as getting really good flight dynamics in a sim plane is when the person doing the flight dynamics is the actual pilot in command of that aircraft type. Otherwise I take it with a grain of salt, albeit with sometimes pleasant results nonetheless...but certainly not being the norm.

Edited by hangar