Sign in to follow this  
MOD71

Britten-Norman BN-2 from Black Box Sim coming soon

On 5/5/2021 at 6:27 PM, Chock said:

[...]  if they'd instead have put the spin on it, of releasing them as they were and saying they were a finished product i [...] then kept on adding stuff to them periodically as they do, people would be saying how wonderful they are for constantly supporting, tweaking and updating their released products.

Just like MSFS then?

3 minutes ago, mjahn said:

Just like MSFS then?

Precisely. It's often about how you market things; one person's 'fab software which is regularly updated', is another person's 'product released before it was finished'.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks like it might be released today. Can't wait.  24 euros

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I will be keeping my eye on this for sure.  Just a quick note from the pictures, I can't see any pilots in the aircraft from the external view when it is flying.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I will be keeping my eye on this for sure.  Just a quick note from the pictures, I can't see any pilots in the aircraft from the external view when it is flying.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?22507-KerrSpectives-The-Islander

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

According to MSFS Forum they'd hoped to put the plane on sale yesterday (10th)  but presumably something has gone a little awry so it's not there yet,

Bought it and took it for a very quick spin from Tingwall to Sumburgh. My first impression is excellent. It looks nice, the engine parameters seem to behave properly, and it flies nicely, if maybe a tiny bit sluggish. All buttons I tried did work. The only problem I spotted on this very quick test was that the speed of the airplane did not show properly while on the ground, but as soon as I took off, the instrument worked fine.

Again, don't take this as a review, it really is only a first impression. However, that impression is very positive. Blackbox seems to have done a very good job with this one.

Peter

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Did a quick take off and landing, first impressions very good, I like the worn interior and the engine sounds, she flies and handles very well. Well pleased.😀

• Like 1

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Installs easily in the community folder taking up 2.19Gb and it has a visible config file for those who were curious about that. You get 20 liveries with the thing and a number of different cockpit looks. Liveries are nicely varied too, so plenty of choice on that front.

I'll be reviewing this at some point but initial impressions of it are pretty good although they need to sort a manual out for it. Nothing in the install package I could find and nothing on their manuals section on the BBS site either which is where you would think it would be given that that's where you can find their Bird Dog Manual.

7Kf7AQz.png

6ezI76d.png

2DmVCle.png

SWpOErw.png

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Manual is due to be posted shortly on their site based on their recent official forums post.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

So far so good. I'm enjoying it. My initial impression is that the cockpit texturing isn't nearly as good as the TorqueSim X-Plane version though.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

So far so good. I'm enjoying it. My initial impression is that the cockpit texturing isn't nearly as good as the TorqueSim X-Plane version though.

My first impression is she flies more than well enough not to be concerned about that - definitely not thinking this is money wasted.

6 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

My first impression is she flies more than well enough not to be concerned about that - definitely not thinking this is money wasted.

Absolutely. Excellent value for money imo. 

• Like 1

Sadly work called me back before I could fly Lands End to St Mary's but I'm really looking forward to trying that 🙂