Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

1 hour ago, styckx said:

They casted a large net with a lot of bait on the hooks and sadly the fish that bit realize once they were on the boat they'd been had.

Well in all honesty, that's the buyer's fault if they didn't check it out. There is a hyperlink on the product page which clearly says 'more info'. If people can't be fussed to read that, that's their lookout. And in fact they don't even have to read that, they could simply wait a few hours and check out a review. It's not hard to find out about stuff these days if you have an internet connection and can type the name of a product you're thinking of buying.

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

42 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

You mean 1.999999 million gamers who couldn’t a real add-on from A to B? Watching YouTube, twitch and all the other trash steams is more then evident of that. 
The gamers love their toy planes! 

Microsoft have lost...the respect of serious flight simulator users. It’s now officially beyond a joke with this release. There is so many freeware options on the other platforms that put this to shame.  

I’m sure it looks good (external view only) to everyone’s school friends on discord. Maybe that’s the point of all these poor releases now?

I see you post in the P3D forums a lot.  I assume you are using P3D.  I hate to tell you, but P3D sales have dropped for a lot of 3rd party devs.  And many 3rd party devs have switched to MSFS. P3D is becoming obsolete.

P3D is going the way of Blackberry, and MSFS is IPhone.  Blackberry did not immediately become obsolete when the IPhone came out in 2007,  but the writing was on the wall for Blackberry,.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

P3D is becoming obsolete.

Well... it depends. For starters, P3D isn't even available for consumers. It's meant for commercial clients. I doubt that a considerable portion of them are looking to move to FS2020 in the near future. And when it comes to consumers, a lot of the old P3D users are still using it. Some are also using FS2020, some have stopped using it altogether. But i don't think P3D have lost enough people to enter a death spiral. And if things keep going the way they have with FS2020, a lot of the people that have moved over to it will return to P3D, as I have.

It's true that this issue lies in the hands of the developers. This hobby has always been in the hands of the developers. It is true that quite a few of them have found a very lucrative market in FS2020 (probably why CS was so desperate to enter it with such a poor release). But quite a few of the big developers are still around, supporting P3D as before.

We'll see what the future brings for P3D, especially if they keep upgrading their capabilities. And while i don't think its position is as strong as it was before FS2020 was announced, i don't think we can quite call it either way right now.

Cristi Neagu

9 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I see you post in the P3D forums a lot.  I assume you are using P3D.  I hate to tell you, but P3D sales have dropped for a lot of 3rd party devs.  And many 3rd party devs have switched to MSFS. P3D is becoming obsolete.

P3D is going the way of Blackberry, and MSFS is IPhone.  Blackberry did not immediately become obsolete when the IPhone came out in 2007,  but the writing was on the wall for Blackberry,.

And iPhone is a very closed ecosystem...

Perhaps XP will become Android 

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

I loved the Captain Sim C-130 back in FSX days.  Haven't been following Captain Sim,  but I'll pass on this dreck.

11 minutes ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

Well... it depends. For starters, P3D isn't even available for consumers. It's meant for commercial clients. I doubt that a considerable portion of them are looking to move to FS2020 in the near future.

How do I word this carefully, because it was such a hot topic when P3D first hit the market that mere discussion of would result in deleted and locked threads

Yeah.. Almost literally no one followed their little license policy. That entire thing was the very definition of "citation needed" 

• Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

2 minutes ago, styckx said:

How do I word this carefully, because it was such a hot topic when P3D first hit the market that mere discussion of would result in deleted and locked threads

Yeah.. Almost literally no one followed their little license policy. That entire thing was the very definition of "citation needed" 

True. But point still stands. And because i like to play devil's advocate, a much better counter argument here would be that we don't know how much of P3D's revenue comes from commercial clients.

Cristi Neagu

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

You mean 1.999999 million gamers who couldn’t a real add-on from A to B? Watching YouTube, twitch and all the other trash steams is more then evident of that. 
The gamers love their toy planes! 

Microsoft have lost...the respect of serious flight simulator users. It’s now officially beyond a joke with this release. There is so many freeware options on the other platforms that put this to shame.  

I’m sure it looks good (external view only) to everyone’s school friends on discord. Maybe that’s the point of all these poor releases now?

You mad because people like what they like? Hahahahaja

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well in all honesty, that's the buyer's fault if they didn't check it out.

The thing is, Captain Sim as a developer is made up of actual human beings. As such, they have two very expensive hobbies: eating and paying rent/mortgage. 

Therefore, I don't blame them for wanting to stock up on a bit of cash. 

It clearly states on the product page: " Essential functionality paired with default 747 systems simulation"

If a buyer fails to read this, it's on him not on CS. I suppose you're then out of $30. Dear Lord, let's call in a meeting of the UN Security Council to resolve this!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

True. But point still stands. And because i like to play devil's advocate, a much better counter argument here would be that we don't know how much of P3D's revenue comes from commercial clients.

3rd party devs can completely abandon the P3D home market but of course, P3D can continue to sell in the commercial market.  My comment was about P3D for the home market (everyone using it for that home market seem to be ignoring the licence).

People still use FSX today.  But 3rd party devs have largely abandoned FSX for new products.  The cycle will likely repeat with P3D becoming an “FSX” with 3rd party devs unless LM can come out with some revolutionary change to P3D in the next version.  But new versions of P3D have been mostly incremental improvements, not revolutionary improvements.  

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

Shouldn't we worry more about the developers that are having issue, rather than those that are saying everything's fine? I'll be the first to tell you that it's great news PMDG (I assume that's who you're referring to) has all they need and i am most definitely looking forwards to the NG3. But exactly because they are confident that they will deliver (last we heard from them, at least), that's why i'm not worried about them.

I am worried about developers like RXP because that's what needs attention. That's what needs fixing. That's what needs a solution. Seems to me like he's been left hanging out to dry for quite a while. I know Matt said he wants to reach out to him. Has this happened? Have any solutions been proposed? Are any on the table? Is Asobo willing to deliver a technical solution that would satisfy both sides, such that RXP can deliver Garmin simulations to FS2020?

PMDG is set. That's great. But RXP is up in the air as far as we in the community can tell. So that's why people keep bringing him up. And while i do agree that saying "without RXP gauges it's not a real sim" might be a bit overly dramatic, you also have to agree that having those gauges is very important to a lot of people who fly GA a lot and have grown accustomed to a certain level of integration and functionality which is simply not present in the sim today.

It's not up to Ms or Asobo to hold every devs hands. They just have to adapt, if they don't they get left behind. Simple. Some of these devs are too emotional and taking things way too personal. Ms and Asobo and the 3pd or I'm this to make money. This is not charity. If they think doing something a certain way is best then who are we to question it? If you don't like the product, don't buy it or if your app doesn't work, adapt and figure out how. 

3 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I am just disappointed that I DO enjoy several of CS jets on P3D and simply didn’t expect them to pull something like this. If you have flown their 737-300, 757, and 767, you would easily see why this is a pretty jarring move on their part. I also detest that it basically confirms their earlier statement that MSFS is a game and they don’t take that simulator seriously. So why even develop for it? Just stay on P3D, I would have gladly continued to fly their products there. Now when I fire up their stuff in P3D, THIS nonsense comes to mind and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had to go fly a PMDG 777 last night to “cleanse the palate” after testing this CS offering. It was like night and day. 

I'm waiting for this,  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/123845-First-pictures-of-the-PMDG-DC-6-for-MSFS!

image_11355m2k6u.jpg

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, w6kd said:

"Pilot"...I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Regardless of what "you" think....It means what "MSFS" meant when "they" made the statement.

Just now, devgrp said:

It's not up to Ms or Asobo to hold every devs hands.

According to Matt from WT, "My goal is to enable as many developers as possible." I believe Asobo have expressed that view on many other occasions. And this isn't about holding anyone's hand, this is about basic functionality that a lot of well established developers are asking for.

5 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Ms and Asobo and the 3pd or I'm this to make money. This is not charity. If they think doing something a certain way is best then who are we to question it?

The people who give them money.

• Like 2

Cristi Neagu