Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

CaptainSim releases Boeing 777-200ER for MSFS!

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

Sorry, I wasn't aware that Asobo and Microsoft had personally contacted you and told you exactly what they are doing with their multi-million Dollar project and skyped you in on their discussions with all the developers in relation to their requests for functionality.

And have they contacted you? I'm not the one pulling out Asobo's game plan out of a hat, or pretending like i know exactly why NASA is releasing the models that they are. I am basing my opinion on Asobo's actions, on the things they say and do, and on the common practices of developers, and i am more than clear when motivating why I say the things i'm saying. If you have an actual reasonable argument to make, i am more than happy to be proven wrong. But i do not care for dismissive personal attacks.

• Like 3

Cristi Neagu

7 minutes ago, nirgal76 said:

What we have in MSFS It is not a weather radar but a "cloud viewer".

I am not aware of anyone other than HiFi offering a true weather radar data source. Still, they're being left out of the FS2020 party.

Even so, if there's one sim that can offer volumetric precipitation data, it's FS2020. We'll just have to see how long it will take them to expose that information towards developers. After all, it did take quite a long time for HiFi to provide that data, and even longer for PMDG to integrate it in their cockpits.

• Like 2

Cristi Neagu

...the default   b747  isn't flyable (without mod), the same this one...

1 minute ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

I am not aware of anyone other than HiFi offering a true weather radar data source. Still, they're being left out of the FS2020 party.

Even so, if there's one sim that can offer volumetric precipitation data, it's FS2020. We'll just have to see how long it will take them to expose that information towards developers. After all, it did take quite a long time for HiFi to provide that data, and even longer for PMDG to integrate it in their cockpits.

I remember owning (in another life) a very good weather radar using data from sim. the reality XP Wx500. It was on FSX.
The hifi one was very good but they HIFI take so long time at each P3D patch to make him compatible (i don't blame them, it should take some works to do) that it is useless most part of time.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

24 minutes ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

Asobo.

If Asobo are saying there will be no custom flight models then they are going to be really really disappointed, because we already have a commercial release with a completely custom flight model - the Flyinside Bell 47 - and at least 3 other devs (Milviz, A2A and IndiaFoxtrotEcho) have shown work on similar replacement flight dynamics engines.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

And have they contacted you? I'm not the one pulling out Asobo's game plan out of a hat, or pretending like i know exactly why NASA is releasing the models that they are. I am basing my opinion on Asobo's actions, on the things they say and do, and on the common practices of developers, and i am more than clear when motivating why I say the things i'm saying. If you have an actual reasonable argument to make, i am more than happy to be proven wrong. But i do not care for dismissive personal attacks.

Yes, you are. You are the one claiming to know stuff by saying they can't do this and they can't do that and this and that is not possible. All I spoke about was to correct you on that by pointing out that we are not in a position to know these things. But not only this, you are doing it on a thread which has absolutely bugger all to do with that topic anyway, since this is about a Captain Sim add-on which uses the default flight modeling and so is nothing to do with what a TPD can or cannot achieve when going outside of that. And please don't pull that 'I'm so wounded by your personal attack' straw man claptrap, because in pointing that stuff out, I've not done anything of the sort.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 10

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Matchstick said:

If Asobo are saying there will be no custom flight models then they are going to be really really disappointed, because we already have a commercial release with a completely custom flight model - the Flyinside Bell 47 - and at least 3 other devs (Milviz, A2A and IndiaFoxtrotEcho) have shown work on similar replacement flight dynamics engines.

Microsoft doesn't support ransomware in Windows either, but unfortunately it still happens. Not to say that external flight models are equivalent to malware in any way, but just to say that developers don't always get what they want. At this point in time, based on all the actions and communications from Asobo, the only conclusion i can arrive at is that they do not want third party developers overriding the flight model. You can say (as many have said) that i am interpreting this in the most negative way possible. Thing is, i am not interpreting anything. I am simply going by what they are actually saying, and any other more positive opinion would be interpretation. I cannot know how Asobo are going to act on this. It may be that like many other companies before them (Sony, for example, if anyone ever had custom firmware on a PSP before...) they may decide that it's simply not worth chasing after these loopholes and just allow developers to use custom models all the while officially saying that they're not supported. That's fine. They may even decide to officially support the practice, who knows. But it is also a possibility that they may actively seek to plug in loopholes used to replace the flight model, or call it an infringement of the EULA or whatever, and try and shut this addons down. It's an extreme possibility, but it is a possibility. So I don't know what they'll do, but I know what they said. And third party developers hacking into the sim (which is not necessarily a bad thing as it is common practice with FSX and P3D) does in no way change what Asobo have said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cristi Neagu

perhaps it is time to make a break 😉

• Like 2

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Or perhaps it's time for people to get back on topic instead of hijacking this one to vent about the ill-informed personal weed up their jacksie which some people obviously have.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, garlicbread11 said:

899 downloads of the Emirates livery, say £20 a pop = £17'980 just from the ones who have downloaded the Emirates livery.

If those numbers reflect the actual sales of the 777 shell, or even close it.....Everyone waiting for progress on their existing projects (The 737-300 with -200 wings and the 767F) will be waiting a long time while CS starts porting ALL its FSX models to MSFS to continue the cash grab.

Don't blame them...their business model is to make quick money, not to create great FS addons that they fully support after the latest one is released.

Gotta wonder how all the P3d 777 owners who paid a bundle for the plane, especially ones who bought it late in the dev cycle just before they upgraded P3d to V5, feel about CS abandoning them and not updating it to V5, while they see the "shell" they helped pay for, popped on the MSFS market for some more quick cash?  We'll have to ask the same question of all the other model owners still waiting for updates and bug fixes for their models as we start to see more FSX-ported CS models appear on the MSFS Market. 

You have to admire CS in the innovative ways they find to postpone/delay/cancel previous projects when a new money-making opportunity comes to light. 

The 767 project that was hot-and heavy a few months back...rolling right along until they couldn't decide how to milk more money from people with the last and most popular engine choice...so they decided to bundle it with the Freighter model...so they could charge more for it of course.  Then all of a sudden all updates stopped...for no apparent reason, until the 737-300 popped on the market.

People were falling all over themselves with the 737....oh its sooooo great...will you make the 400, 500, a freighter?  The hype was once again hot and heavy for the shiny new CS model, rolling right along...then, again, silence.  No responses about the 737 or 767 freighter.....what could they possibly be doing? 

Enter the MSFS 777 shell.  And like I said...if they are really raking in the cash for this thing, you can expect to see nothing on the 737 and 767F for a while...much less all the other projects they've practically abandoned.

I would personally have no issues with CS if they just supported all their aircraft and stuck mainly to one project until it was done.  I almost gave them a chance again with the 767 as its one of my all time favorites and it did look as though they were going to follow through on it...but in this respect CS NEVER fails to abandon a project (or put it so far on the back burner that it's years before you get a completed project), when a shiny new one is on the market.   I'm so glad I decided to wait on the 767 as I only have interest in the freighter...and...well, we all know that is delayed indefinitely now.
Oh wait....I remember...after many 767 owners started asking about progress on the Freighter....here is CS's answer:
"Well in progress. Hoping for 2021 release."   That was  over 4 months ago back in January and the last comment regarding the progress.   They're "Hoping" for a 2021 release?  Anyone not familiar with their methodology, this is along the same lines when a kid asks their Mom if they can go to Johnny's sleepover and gets "We'll see"...which we all know is short for No.  When 2022 rolls around and someone is dumb enough to say "Hey CS, You promised it would be ready in 2021"...."We never make promises....will it come in 2022 you ask?  We'll see". 🙄

Edited by Steve Dra
spelling
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

38 minutes ago, iliasr said:

...the default   b747  isn't flyable (without mod), the same this one...

And that is not the true, simply said !

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

And that is not the true, simply said !

cheers 😉

is depending what you mean ''flyable'', i'm fsimmer since FS98 and can recognize  what

''flyable'' is...✈️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cristi_Neagu said:

So? Most of those people bought it for the scenery and the looks. The ones that bought it for other reason are the ones expressing their disappointment all over various forums.

Forum complaints are one way to get the word out, but Zendesk tickets are more effective.

What's actually funny is how you think that's a sarcastic statement, when in fact it is pretty factual. Yes, Asobo have a roadmap for continued development and they're spending a lot of effort addressing the needs of gamers in their VFR sim. The needs of simmers in their flight sim... not so much. There are HUGE issues with the flight model that have barely been acknowledged. Slats still don't work. Swept back wings are broken. Playing around with wing dihedral is a dangerous gamble. And every single landing and takeoff requires more knowledge of drifting around corners in Forza than it does aviation knowledge. And so far I haven't seen much indication that the devs have actually acknowledged these issues. Last i saw rudder problems being mentioned in a Q&A, Seb was talking about rudder response in straight and level flight, not on ground.

I know, I know....Asobo partnered with WT just so they could ignore the needs of simmers, right??? This type of logic can't be the basis for a serious discussion.

And all of these issues would be nothing-burgers if they would allow developers to replace the default flight model, which they don't. So even if the flight model becomes as good as it can be, it will forever be a generic flight model that is trying to accommodate everything from a Top Rudder Solo 103 to an Airbus A380. And even though doing that is a stellar achievement, everything will simply feel generic. So it will never be good enough for anything other than a generic addon.

The never ending flight model drama...find me a sim that has a perfect flight model. And I will find you simmers who will find "something" wrong with it.

So the question is: What does anything you said have to do with what the post you were responding to was saying?

I don't know man, I am just "rambling" on a forum board...just like "everyone" else.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, we can choose to either buy the CS Triple Seven or not, everyone else's opinion is not really relevant to what you personally like or don't like and will or will not put up with. If it floats yer boat, go for it, if not, wait for PMDG or crank up FSX/P3D, or XPlane if you like.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5

Alan Bradbury

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

everyone else's opinion is not really relevant to what you personally like or don't like and will or will not put up with.

Please, don't tell us you're stopping your video reviews because your opinion is not relevant to what others are personally liking or not :biggrin:

NB: this is just a tease to break this side discussion about the flight model, not a personal attack at all.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)