Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

P3D v5.1 and the Beaver

Back when I was running P3Dv4 I purchased the Beaver through the Simmarket. I have now moved up to P3Dv5.1and of course my Beavers will not work. I cant seem to find an update file to make the Beaver work in P3dv5.1. Is there one available? I don't even see that I can purchase a new version that will run with P3Dv5.1.

Thanks

Milviz has not provided an update for the Beaver, 310R and the B55 for P3DV5. The planes will work in P3DV5, Milviz does not want to take the effort to update their installers. I was able to get them all working with a little work on my own with info available in the AVSIM forums and the Realights and Truglass installers available from ORBX For free. Just Flight, Flysimware and Carenado had no issues with getting their planes working in P3DV5 at no extra cost. Not sure why Milviz hasn’t been able to figure out how to do it.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

If it were just updating an installer I could do that but I think there are other issues that crop up in V5. Do your MVAMS settings take in V5? I suspect that the module needed an update too.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

I had updated from P3D 3.4xx to version 5.1--MVAMS did not recognize P3D 5.1; also, I was able to install the C 310R Redux into version 5.1 by "fooling" the installer. The 310R did work however unfortunately the cockpit lighting did not. I sure miss the 310R. "Twinkie" and the Bobcat as well. Hope that one day they will be updated to P3D 5.1

Raymie

1 hour ago, Slayer68 said:

If it were just updating an installer I could do that but I think there are other issues that crop up in V5. Do your MVAMS settings take in V5? I suspect that the module needed an update too.

Yes the MVAMS does work for me. 

The key for getting this to work was changing the registry to point the V4 installer to V5,  I found the registry fix here on AVSIM and YouTube, If I remember right, it was for the RealAir Duke and Legacy, but it also worked for the Milviz aircraft and I think some others as well.

I still had an issue getting the WX radar to work in both the 310R and Beaver.  I had to manually replace the default "MV_WX.dll" in the panel folder for each aircraft with the new version for P3DV5 form the main gauge folder. 

It has been awhile since I got these working, but here are the main steps I used.

I had to add an entry into the dll.xml in the program data folder to recognized the XMLtools64.dll module, found this here also on AVSIM if I remember correctly and it was for the Vertx DA62. 

The other item was getting the TrueGlass and RealLights working for the 310R, would not work with the original installer.  Noticed when I logged into ORBX central, under "My products" under "Misc" was two entries for TFDi Design for TrueGlass and RealLights.  Installed them and that solved the 310R issues with RealLights and TrueGlass. I had to say NO to some steps when installing the aircraft.  Definitely NO to the 310R TrueGlass and RealLights. Cannot remember if there was a step for the XMLtools or not. 

I have not flown these aircraft for awhile but when I did I tested everything I could think of and had no issues.  Far as the MVAMS, I will play around with it some more to confirm but I did change some settings and they took for me. This included the WX radar and cold start as well as some other settings like the spinner type and aircraft loading. 

Obviously I like tinkering around with this stuff and feel comfortable with it. Would not recommend it to everybody if they do not feel comfortable changing the registry and other files. 

Cheers,

John Cottreau

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

16 minutes ago, raymie said:

I had updated from P3D 3.4xx to version 5.1--MVAMS did not recognize P3D 5.1; also, I was able to install the C 310R Redux into version 5.1 by "fooling" the installer. The 310R did work however unfortunately the cockpit lighting did not. I sure miss the 310R. "Twinkie" and the Bobcat as well. Hope that one day they will be updated to P3D 5.1

Raymie

Far as the RealLights and TrueGlass.  I found new installers for RealLights and TrueGlass under "My Products" in my ORBX account and they seem to work.  I do not know where else you can find newer installers for these products if you do not have an ORBX account.  Maybe Milviz could provide them on their website, unless their are copyright issues.  Also see my post to Slayer68.  You also have to modify the XML.dll file in the program data folder to recognize the XMLTools64 module.

Cheers,

John Cottreau

John C.

Thanks Guys for your responses. All this is above my pay grade. I don't feel comfortable doing all that. I will use another plane.

57 minutes ago, johncott said:

You also have to modify the XML.dll file in the program data folder to recognize the XMLTools64 module.

I believe it is the dll.xml file..

Mine says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>XMLTools64</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>XMLTools64.dll</Path>
        <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
        <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I believe it is the dll.xml file..

Thanks, you’re right, got it right in one post and reversed it in another post.

John C.

If this is the case and the 310 will work I may be able to get you guys an updated installer. V5 tends to break stuff though like lighting. I made a test installer for the Porter and the MVAMS setting don't get read in V5 and also the external lighting is horrible. I will take a look at the 310 and see how hard it would be to make a v5 installer and if anything is broken.

Steve 'Slayer' McNitt
Quality Assurance
spacer.png

@Slayer68 that would be really awesome !!! Finally Milviz-Planes in p3dv5 🙂

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Hi Slayer68,

That would be great if you were able to update the 310R installer to V5. I did experience the same as you noted regarding the MVAMS--it did not read my settings for V5. For me, the 310R worked fine except I did not have any cockpit lighting--could not fly it at night. If you are able to update the 310R installer and it works fine, maybe you could also give it a try for both the "Twinkie" and Bobcat as well as I also miss those aircraft. I was able to get my multi-engine rating in the Twin Comanche during the late 1960's.