Sign in to follow this  
NZAA

Desktop crash since NVIDIA driver update

I saw a post of facebook about a user claiming the NVIDIA driver was the cause of his system crashes. The comments roasted him for the claim. But I've had 3 crashes in the last 2 days since the update. Is there a known link?

No problems at all here. I always do a clean install ... and re-apply my CP settings.

Have you changed anything else (new or updated addons, maybe)?

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

No crash here either, I like these new drivers.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Cheers. I've been playing around with the graphics settings, windowed etc. Just wanted to see if it was a known link or unrelated.

I had a crash in November but it was caused by a Navigraph beta which they fixed immediately. 

With the latest driver as of May 18 I see occasional stutters/pauses again though luckily not CTDs. Will see how it behaves after SU4 and decide then whether to dial back to the previous driver

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, NZAA said:

Cheers. I've been playing around with the graphics settings, windowed etc. Just wanted to see if it was a known link or unrelated.

I guess that may be the more likely cause of your crashes, though one of the recent drivers did cause my framerates to half and was fixed by rolling the driver back   I think I've traced all of my crashes (and I've only had a handful) to an addon or forgetting to reset my memory clocks and the like so far.

If you suspect a video driver, the best thing is to roll it back and see if that fixes it as you can get the odd anomaly with some systems 

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

ixed by rolling the driver back

to which version?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Started flight simming over 30 years ago. Use to be a recipe for problems by updating a driver that was working fine, for the latest one. Guess things haven't changed . 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

28 minutes ago, DAD said:

to which version?

The last version you had if it worked ok, though a lot are still swearing by the 457.30 drivers.  Whilst I have regularly updated my drivers, I have a suspicion that those were actually the best I ever used for MSFS and I'm sorely tempted to give them another go.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Latest drivers here (466.67).  No detectable difference.  I flew for about 1 hour and 15 minutes last night on one flight - no issues or CTD.
I only have the occasional long pauses issue now (in limited locations), but I had these with the old 457.30 drivers as well.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I started getting CTD's in the Longitude and FBW A320 about 2 weeks ago, but haven't seen any in the other planes really. I don't know the cause, but I suspect it's related to the Replay Addon I installed which uses SimConnect. If you get crashes, just depends what addons you are using and what planes you are flying really. Not absolutely sure that's really my issue, but will check into it later, otherwise I'll probably have to reinstall.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I'm now getting an occasional CTD from the World Map, but not at any other point once I get past the flight plan.  There was at least one of these prior to the install of the new drivers, so they're probably not connected.  It's frustrating when this happen - it takes about 5 min. for the sim to load for me, so a CTD right after the FP import changes my start-up to about 10 min.  However, once restarted, it has never crashed again.

Randall Rocke

Installed 2 days ago. Rock solid. No issues for me.

RTX 2070 S

Happy days !!

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ