Sign in to follow this  
-Belga-

PMDG is coming to MSFS

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Have you used the SDK in any of your projects?

Cheers, Rob.

as per the last dev update. This is how much content was done using that SDK

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• As of 05/15, we have now approved 192 (+16) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 90 (+5) have released 383 products (+19).
    • In total,962 products (+28) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 336 products (+3) from 3rd party developers are in production (205 announced, 131 unannounced). In total, over 1298 3rd party products (+31) are either released or are in development.
  • Airports:
    • 809 airports (+17) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 605 airports (+19) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 321 airports (+18) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 95 airports (-3) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 109 airports (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 155 aircraft (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 40 aircraft (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 23 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 93 aircraft (+3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 299 sceneries (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 283 sceneries (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 24 sceneries (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 35 mission packs (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 34 mission packs (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 1 mission packs (+1) beyond the released missions have been announced.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

The MSFS SDK was made available to us around Oct 2019, it's now May 2021 and still in a Beta version 0.12.0.0 (not even 1.0 yet) ... many content providers had to either quit or go into hibernation mode over this multi-year period. 

Cheers, Rob.

Yep, all in keeping w/ meeting their critical first priority to release on Xbox and what is demanded for this stage of development:  rudimentary 'sim' features, enough of an SDK to attract airport and scenery addons, and continuing to develop scenery and atmosphere which is absolutely the first priority for Xbox and absolutely is ultra meaningful to PC desktop users.  Mature SDK comes next.  As the snail's pace development of P3D and Xplane continues the strongest content providers will probably stay afloat.  MSFS came after the others, so any devs depending on MSFS really were banking on uncertainty as with any new release of any software.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I’ve often found myself wondering why AVSim can be as toxic as it is sometimes, specifically trying to imagine what the leadership folks for the site think they’d like to see for a culture.  I think I might now have a small hint of an explanation.

If this thread is any indication, apparently the admins and board - or at least some representatives from those - are fine with derailing threads to make their opinions (repeatedly) heard, to the extent of shutting down what the thread was initiated for.  It’s also apparently acceptable to be rude, and mix in copious amounts of gaslighting and exaggeration, just to round things out.  It’s almost like the goal is to take a dump on the whole conversation and shut it down, rather than provide a viewpoint for a healthy discussion - by potentially using one’s leadership position to make things, I don’t know, how about better instead of worse?

Please knock it off.  This is 100% incredible news for MSFS and PMDG lovers.  Period.  They will have challenges, but they seem plenty able to handle it.  

Edited by JeffChrisope
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I am also glad to see them serious about MFS but I do not see why I should be glad to see them getting away from P3D. I fly MFS and have  no intention to go back to P3D, at least until v6, but we certainly need several simulators around, for history has told us that MS is not a reliable company in the game business.

Pretty much this. I have dropped X-Plane and now flying exclusively in P3D and MSFS, however wanting them to stop developing for P3D is asking for monopoly.

Also, not everyone has the financial status to repurchase all of their aircraft, so asking them to stop support for older platforms is just selfish. I'm one of them - I live in a country where minimum monthly wage is only $300 and I don't feel like repurchasing my existing aircraft just for visual updates.

With that being said, I don't have PMDG DC-6 and 777 in P3D, which will be an instant purchase in MSFS.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

30 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Best indicator of an objective analysis right there...

So how would you characterize the problem?  If PMDG's DC-6 turns out to be a hot mess because of a never-ending bunch of issues with the underlying platform, they're gonna end up getting some of that unpleasantness on themselves.  Hence the term "stink" as a metaphor for that unpleasantness.  Basic English 101 stuff.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

How awesome is, an Avsim admin heating up the whole thread and then the other normal users will receive warnings and the admin will stay admin. 

• Like 11

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

How awesome is, an Avsim admin heating up the whole thread and then the other normal users will receive warnings and the admin will stay admin. 

Nobody's been warned here. 

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

So how would you characterize the problem?  If PMDG's DC-6 turns out to be a hot mess because of a never-ending bunch of issues with the underlying platform, they're gonna end up getting some of that unpleasantness on themselves.  Hence the term "stink" as a metaphor for that unpleasantness.  Basic English 101 stuff.

So what are you saying? That PMDG should not release a plane for MSFS?

• Like 1

When you look for only negative things, it's all you will see. We are already speculating the DC-6 will be a hot mess even if hasn't been released yet. The DC-6 video tutorial seems very smooth and I didn't see any big issue. Seems like a winner to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

So what are you saying? That PMDG should not release a plane for MSFS?

Less risky for their reputation, I think, if they waited until it's stable.  But after seeing CaptainSim shamelessly release a 777 with a Frankensteined default 747 panel (replete with 4-engine synoptic pages), maybe all caution has been thrown to the wind in the MSFS dev world.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Have you used the SDK?

Cheers, Rob.

They are using the PMDG news of what they have accomplished, plus the accomplishments implied by that large list of other products, as a stand-in for their own SDK experience, because they’re either not a developer, or haven’t used this SDK.  And you know it.  Perfectly valid approach for people who don’t use the SDK themselves for triangulating whether some 3PD complaints are valid or not.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Less risky for their reputation, I think, if they waited until it's stable.  But after seeing CaptainSim shamelessly release a 777 with a Frankensteined default 747 panel (replete with 4-engine synoptic pages), maybe all caution has been thrown to the wind in the MSFS dev world.

I would have thought that there is more risk to a developers bank account and survival in clinging on to a dying platform no matter what their reputation may be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

A community in harmony

This will never, never, never happen! 😁😉

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 3

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSFS SDK  is not ready for complex aircraft.... in the meantime, I just did a full RNAV approach in the WT CJ4 with simbrief and navigraph chart integration on the MFD. Sometimes I really think  people are just trying to hate on MSFS. There is plenty of complex aircraft to fly in MSFS and it runs pretty darn good except on approach. It's something Asobo needs to address. 

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 6